PDA

View Full Version : Rear window Rust Repair

mattsama
13-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Hey, has anyone had rust around the rear window seal area repaired before? i have some in the bottom right corner of the rear window and was wanting to know if anyone had any recommendations on good places to go and a rough estimate on how much this stuff costs. imho getting a quote on this would be kind of scary, i know it involves quite a bit of welding new plates in and painting.

So if anyone has a good place they would reccomend (even if you can do it yourself) <- i dont mind backyard jobs :)

And if you have had this done before, what did it cost you?

Regards

Matt

Limbo
13-09-2006, 12:20 PM
nah no welding. They usually take off the rubber seal and clean it out, then put Bogg in it and then paint it.

If you wanna do a backyard just you can. The hard part is taking out the rear winddow seal and putting it back properly. Then you scrape out all the rust, use a rust converter to clean it and stop any further rust, then put bogg/putty in it. Sand it down, put a base coat/prep (i can't rem what its called now), then spray the proper colour.

Or if you can do most of it yourself and then get a pro to finish the painting

Did it all before but it didn't turn out too good cos i can't paint (not as easy as it looks trying to blend it in). Car ended up in an accident so it go done professionally later (was the GF's car that's why i was willing to try it. My car only gets fixed properly ;))