PDA

View Full Version : who knows about boss kits ( steering wheel )

Honda 94 DANTE
13-09-2006, 01:09 PM
ey guys jus a quik question, im lookin at gettin a sports steering wheel for my 1994 honda accord, ive never done this b4 and was jus wondering how it is done, all i want to know is does it mater wat boss kit i get like do i have to get 1 for my year of car or do they all fit every car.

JasonGilholme
13-09-2006, 01:38 PM
Hey mate,

They are usually specific to each car, and sometimes they only suit certain types of steering wheels too, but that is rare.

I'd go to a place like autobarn etc and ask them to order one in to suit your car. That way you know you've got the right one before you buy it. If possible purchase the steering wheel through the same place and ask them if it will all fit up. :thumbsup:

Also, just a legal note, if your car is equipped with an airbag it is illegal to put a non-airbag steering wheel in because it reduces the safety standards of the car.

Good luck man & have fun.

jase

Eclipsor
13-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Don't think Autobarn have a boss kit for your car model. Ask anyway, but I'm pretty sure the prelude one fits if they don't. They ordered it in for me anyway and let me test it out before I bought it.

qikteg
13-09-2006, 03:14 PM
autobarn, repco, autoone, tuning/accessories stores like motoquipe etc, are all places that stock boss kits. i bought one off ebay as well, and it was a japanese brand, and it works great

iamhappy46
17-09-2006, 03:13 PM
In case you not know how to actually fit it yourself...

Remove the original steering wheel trim/horn until you see a massive nut(about 22mm) It is done up tight, so use a socket and a breaker bar to loosen the nut a few turns. DO NOT REMOVE THE NUT! unless you like a broken nose/smashed face... reason will be obvious soon.

With the nut nearly at the top of its thread, place your hands on either side of the steering wheel. Move your body weight into the seat while holding the old steering wheel, to get the wheel off the steering column splines. The nut will stop the wheel coming off and smacking you in the face ;)

Make sure the front car wheels are straight ahead, remove the nut and remove the old wheel from the spline. Then located the new boss kit onto the spline taking note of the position of the indicator stalk pins on the old wheel, which normally turn your inidcators off as your steering wheel goes straight.

Hope that helps

jdmlvn
17-09-2006, 06:15 PM
Also, just a legal note, if your car is equipped with an airbag it is illegal to put a non-airbag steering wheel in because it reduces the safety standards of the car.

jase

to avoid this issue.
just go to your local wrecker and source up an momo dc5r steering wheel.
you like?
tell me what u think.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b286/jdmlvn/2363164_6_full.jpg
Gary:wave:

krogoth
17-09-2006, 06:34 PM
that is a sexc interior

now get the DC5R ricaroz, lol

JasonGilholme
17-09-2006, 08:55 PM
How much did the wheel set you back??

Not a big fan of it but thats cause it wouldn't suit my car.

Is that a pic of one installed in ur ride??