PDA

View Full Version : Bucket Seat / Universal rails

kelviN
14-09-2006, 02:43 PM
guys,
I want to buy bucket seats for my 2000 civic from justjap.com. These seats come with universal rail but now im clueless about installation. Ive heard too many things and now im not sure which one is right. The guy who's selling at the store sed its easy to install, just a couple of bolts and nuts. The store owner on the forum however sed it requires modification and has heard 300dollars per seat to install, other forum members said they were quoted 500 and another member sed he got his done for 300.

So wat are your opinions? Anyone had this done to their civic b4?

cheers

Limbo
15-09-2006, 12:31 AM
Yeah i just got mine done for the second time. Hardest part about getting seats is getting the rails to work properly. If you have a sedan its not too hard. The hatch/coupe is harder as you would want it to easily move forward.
That's why people pay $$$ for the dc2r recaros or ek9 recaros as the bolt patterns are easily adjusted.

You can buy the ek9 rails that go for $250 each seat which will fit it.
I have seen brackets for $180 for a pair that will bolt to the bottom & then to your universal rails.

The other method is you need to know how to weld.
The other alternative is that you use the brackets from your current seats and cut off the feet, then weld them on a a flat square plate as your new base.

The justjaps seats only have a single handle recliner so its harder to do the adjustment so that it reclines easily for hatches. You have to rem the recaros have a latch on the top part of the seat and a quick release latch on the back. But since you have coupe you will need them to recline easily.