PDA

View Full Version : ARC Panel filter (dual) intake box

**Ghost**
21-05-2004, 02:48 PM
Whats the best cleaner agent for it and where do i tget one?

How much does a repalcement cost?

A'PEXi
21-05-2004, 03:02 PM
u can get like k&n air filter cleaner liquid? supercheap/autobarn should have it

**Ghost**
21-05-2004, 03:03 PM
is it the same material?

Kit
21-05-2004, 04:37 PM
ARC use a foam panel filter for their airboxes.

dont use the K&N cleaner kit, while I'm not sure if it will damage your foam filter, I'll just play it safe and not use it cos the K&N is cotton.

you can clean it using some warm soapy water (detergent).
make sure you rinse it clean afterwards. Re oil it using some Finer Filter oil in a can making sure you dont over oil.

Setanta
21-05-2004, 05:26 PM
Soapy warm water is the best I've found and air-dry it.

I tend to put the FF oil into a plastic shopping bag and then rub the sides of the bag against each other to leave a fine,even layer of the oil on the sides of bag. Then I put the filter inside the bag and rub it against the filter to transfer the oil. It gives a nice coating and you can always add more using the same method. Heat the oil up first by putting the bottle into a jug of hot water.

**Ghost**
21-05-2004, 08:14 PM
i went to autobarn and they told me it was "felt"... like the material... but the thing i know its genuine ARC cos well its got ARC sprayed on the bloody filter and my friend has one exactly the same (but he never got around to cleaning it before he sold his car... he got exported cos he failed too many subjects)...

its a panel filter, with lots of "Folds" in it, kinda looks like teh stock one execpt when u pull the folds apart its this red material...and the weirdest thing is i got 2 filterse...one for top, one for bottom...

**Ghost**
21-05-2004, 08:14 PM
ALSO, wot oil doi i use to re-oil it?

does anyone have the official ARC website|

**Ghost**
21-05-2004, 08:18 PM
http://www.modacar.com/products/Honda/Civic/AirIntakes/

the RED one

Kit
22-05-2004, 01:55 AM
Ghost, use the "Finer filter" oil. you should be able to buy a spray can at autobarn or stores like that. The method that sentata described to oil it is written on the can of finer filter oil.

Kit
22-05-2004, 01:59 AM
WAIT!!!!!! is your ARC panel filter Red? or Green?
If its the red one, you can't wash it! the red ones are made of paper!

you can only wash the green ones (foam)

I hope you read this before you attempt to wash it.

if you have a red one, i suggest you buy a replacement, I think Revzone will stock them, and they should cost around $70. Make sure you get the green foam replacement so you can wash it from then on.

**Ghost**
22-05-2004, 02:53 AM
I got the red one... !! ahhh thats y it feels weird... shittt if it was red, and i paid 180 bcuks for it did i get ripped?> But i did get the aluminium induction box with it...

tanghy
22-05-2004, 03:01 AM
yoou paid 180 for the box not the filter

**Ghost**
22-05-2004, 03:19 AM
hahaha i know .... good price for it tho?

Kit
22-05-2004, 11:10 AM
yes excellent price for it.
these things sell for $700 brand new

**Ghost**
22-05-2004, 01:45 PM
:shock:

ok thanks kit...

man if ne of u guys want a ARC box, i'll take the measurements and u guys take it tothe metalsmiths and get a copy... its just a empty aluminium shoebox, no more no less

SPEEDCORE
22-05-2004, 09:39 PM

its just a empty aluminium shoebox, .................

that sucks in hot engine bay air, no more no less ;)

Kit
23-05-2004, 02:15 AM

its just a empty aluminium shoebox, .................

that sucks in hot engine bay air, no more no less ;)

Its called an ARC cold air box.
makes use of the vacuum effect behind the headlight unit to suck in the cold air drawn to that area

**Ghost**
23-05-2004, 04:20 AM
thats wot i heard as well... didnt understand it... haha got it cos it was abrand name, no more no less... didnt get a CAI pod front mount i was offered cos scared f hydrolock

speedracr
27-05-2004, 12:07 AM
There are three different types of filters available for ARC boxes. There's paper, cotton (K&N make sizes useable in ARC boxes - for S2K at least) and foam.