PDA

View Full Version : Vtec-e Engine Help !!!

SHIFTY
14-09-2006, 05:25 PM
For you who know how my car runs...
You will know that it only has 1 valve open at low revs for econamy and at high revs both valves open for performance & this is done through a sliding pin.. do u reckon i can remove the pin so both valves are always open ? and if so who do u reckon can do it (like a honda specialest) ??

The Car:Honda Civic VTI 96' Sedan
The Engine: D16Y5
The Gearbox: CVT
Where i am: Sydney (East Side) :cool:

All help apreaciated :thumbsup:

EuroDude
14-09-2006, 06:13 PM
erm I guess you could remove the electrical plug/solenoid that power the pin, or maybe reprogram the ECU. Just a thought :)

JohnnyVtec
14-09-2006, 06:17 PM
M8, Unless you're running an all motor drag car. You want no such thing. if you want your car to go faster. Research the engine you have and the mods that are more practical than trying to lock vtec. either the car is fine for you or it's not. if you like it, swap engines. if you dont, trade it for something more appealing to you.

Cheers:thumbsup:

SHIFTY
14-09-2006, 06:26 PM
i was just wondering coz i thought it was a basic thing... but i guess i was wrong... :(

Ill be giving the car 2 my lil bro so i whant be sellin it or doin anything major.. Ill be getting a Lexus IS300 :cool:

aaronng
14-09-2006, 06:30 PM
No! If you remove the pin or disable the vtec solenoid, you will run with 1 intake valve all the time.

ECU-MAN
14-09-2006, 07:59 PM
No! If you remove the pin or disable the vtec solenoid, you will run with 1 intake valve all the time.

werd

as mentioned in most the post above,

dont bother.

kayot1k
14-09-2006, 09:24 PM
werd !

now, finish ur hsc first. then talk about cars.

SHIFTY
15-09-2006, 03:52 PM
:p last week of school !!! YEHA :p

HEHEHE, and then hsc, in like a month... but i wona do a mechanic aprentaship so im not gona get paranoid about my hsc ;)