PDA

View Full Version : Honda Announces New Civic Type R

Malenic1981
14-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Well again my friend from europe sent me some very good news

Honda Announces New Civic Type R

September 14, 2006– Honda Motor Europe Ltd announced the eagerly awaited new Civic Type R, the successor to a model whose unique blend of affordability, exhilarating driving characteristics and everyday usability resulted in sales that exceeded all expectations.
http://world.honda.com/news/2006/4060914CivicTypeR/image/01_s.jpg
There will be different levels of equipment available, ranging from a fully equipped car to one that even has the rear parcel shelf removed. With these variants, the new Civic Type R therefore looks set to endear itself to a whole new wave of enthusiasts and to repeat the cult success of the first ‘CTR’ which exceeded all sales predictions. The new Civic Type R will receive its international show debut in Paris during September and sales are expected to begin in 2007.

Given the outstanding performance credentials of its predecessor, Honda saw little purpose in increasing engine output. The new Type R therefore continues to be powered by a naturally-aspirated 2.0 liter DOHC i-VTEC engine with similar output, but reworked for greater refinement and responsiveness thanks to a new balancer shaft and a drive-by-wire throttle. The 201 PS maximum power output is now reached at 8,000 rpm (previously 200 PS at 7,400 rpm).

While the headline performance figures are expected to be virtually identical to the 6.6 second 0-100 km/h time and 235 km/h top speed of the Type R in its previous incarnation, the engine enhancements mean the new car is more responsive generally, while improved aerodynamics ensures the new car cuts through the air more cleanly. Slightly lower gearing compensates for a small increase in kerb weight.

VTEC variable valve timing and VTC variable inlet camshaft technology continue to underpin the engine architecture. Its exhilarating, high revving nature is retained, but the switch to high lift, long duration valve timing now takes place at a lower 5,200 rpm, and continues all the way to the 8,000 rpm red line. There is a new i-VTEC indicator just to the right of the digital speedometer which is illuminated within this rev range.

Widely praised for its ride and handling balance, the chassis of the Civic 5-door forms the basis for all 3-door models and provides an ideal platform for a high performance derivative. Building on the Civic Type S suspension which is fine-tuned for sharper chassis dynamics to match its sportier profile, the Type R takes those modifications on to the next level. Like the Type S, its rear track is 20 mm wider than that of the 5-door model, but otherwise damper, bush and spring characteristics are all unique to Type R.

225/40 ZR18 tyres provide added grip, while the 15 mm reduction in ride height further reduces body roll. What’s more, the fuel tank’s central location beneath the cabin floor lowers the centre of gravity and the body’s inertia moment. Firmer steering, a quicker ratio and stiffer steering box mountings in combination provide pin-sharp responses to steering wheel input.

The Civic 5-door already offers one of the stiffest body structures in the C-segment; and the Type R’s body is further enhanced, playing a key role in the particularly responsive chassis dynamics. Extra strengthening has been introduced into the floor cross member just ahead of the central fuel tank, around the upper front suspension mountings, while the lower cross member just ahead of engine bay provides greater rigidity. The overall result is a chassis offering more predictable characteristics than the old model, with levels of responsiveness and stability that are some of the best in class. At the same time, the damper settings deliver enhanced ride comfort in keeping with the increased refinement of the new Type R.

The new Type R’s bold styling is undeniably assertive in its appearance. The aggressive looking body has a series of fully integrated aerodynamic parts that together with a 15 mm reduced ride height – compared to 5-door and Type S models – and standard seven-spoke 18” alloy wheels, are a clear indication of the car’s potent nature. The deep front spoiler incorporates a larger air intake as well as triangular foglamps whose shape mirrors the large exhaust tailpipes at the rear. There’s a distinct body colored tailgate rear spoiler for added downforce that splits the rear tailgate glass rather than the raised glass profile featured on Civic 5-door and Type S models.

Other identifying features are deliberately discrete: Type R logos feature on the front brake callipers and the glass panel grille of the Civic Type S is replaced with a honeycomb mesh and central red ‘H’ logo.

Step over the stainless steel door sill inserts, complete with ‘Type R’ logo, into the cabin, and again there is no mistaking that this is a car developed for driving excitement. Front seat occupants are gripped by bucket seats with large black Alcantara bolsters with red stitching and red fabric seat cushions and backs. Two distinct rear seats repeat the same color coordination. The highly effective and strikingly stylish Dual Link concept fascia common to other Civic models naturally features in the Type R, but with red illuminated dials set off by gun metallic switch panels on either side of the meter display. The driver grips a black, perforated leather covered steering wheel with red stitching and central ‘H’ logo, while the matching gear shift knob with aluminium-finish has a black boot with red stitching.

And, as a finishing touch and for added exclusivity there is a plaque engraved with the car’s unique serial number placed just ahead of the gear lever.

For those customers who want added convenience and an enhanced specification, there will be a fully equipped version available. Additional features include curtain SRS bags, cruise control, fog lights, automatic lights and wipers and dual zone air conditioning. A state-of-the-art Navigation system, with voice control functionality as well as RDS traffic monitoring, is offered as an option.

Taking the Type R philosophy to its logical conclusion, a lighter Civic Type R will be available. The deletion of items such as the audio system, rear load cover, engine under cover and reduced noise insulation material brings weight down by 40 kg. Like its predecessor, the new Type R will also be homologated for racing (FIA Group N and Group A), meeting a large demand from existing customers. A full range of competitive racing parts and racing service will also be made available for them to fully enjoy their passion.

All the range of Type R and Type S, are to be built exclusively alongside the Civic 5-door range at the Honda of the UK Manufacturing Ltd. (HUM) in Swindon.

My opinion, I think it's gonna be great car and I just hope that it will come to OZ, you can even make it light weight from brand new, get off all the things you don't need/want and most likely pay a bit less.
Please honda australia bring it in

Malenic1981
14-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Look at these

http://world.honda.com/news/2006/4060914CivicTypeR/photo/images/02.jpg

http://world.honda.com/news/2006/4060914CivicTypeR/photo/images/03.jpg

http://world.honda.com/news/2006/4060914CivicTypeR/photo/images/04.jpg

http://world.honda.com/news/2006/4060914CivicTypeR/photo/images/05.jpg

http://world.honda.com/news/2006/4060914CivicTypeR/photo/images/06.jpg

http://world.honda.com/news/2006/4060914CivicTypeR/photo/images/07.jpg

I'm in love with this car

Chris_F
14-09-2006, 07:36 PM
the interior and exterior seriously look like something from the future haha, I wonder how much it actually weighs (under 1200kg i hope).

Those seats look very interesting... if you look closely it has a little 'srs airbag' tag which means these may be able to be retro fitted to other hondas with an srs airbag in the seat (i.e. accord euro) - a legal bucket seat. Shame it doesnt come out untill 2007.

Spicey
14-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Please, oh please can we have it in Australia!!!

aaronng
14-09-2006, 08:07 PM
Doubt they will bring it in. Just like the EP3, it's built in the UK and will probably cost over 50k here.

Felix
14-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Looks nice. But i'm alittle dissapointed at the overal power figure!!!

Malenic1981
14-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Well maybe they will start building them in new honda factory in Thailand (I think it's there), asian market is very big expecialy now when chinese people have much bigger buying power than few years ago, and everybody wants a piece of that pie, including honda. I heard or read this somewhere so we could get lucky.

EuroDude
14-09-2006, 08:26 PM
Yeh I read in Wheels or Motor magazine that Honda will be considering it :thumbsup:

The Jazz is too small for some people needing a hatchback, plus fuel prices are urging more people to buy smaller cars, so I rekon it will do well in Aus.

Looks way better than our current Sedan thats for sure.

Should be called a CRX tho ;)

aaronng
14-09-2006, 09:31 PM
Well maybe they will start building them in new honda factory in Thailand (I think it's there), asian market is very big expecialy now when chinese people have much bigger buying power than few years ago, and everybody wants a piece of that pie, including honda. I heard or read this somewhere so we could get lucky.
Honda Thailand's factory is tooled for the AUDM Civic, Accord VTi/V6, Jazz and City... I don't think they will bear the cost of starting up another line just for a limited run model.

DreadAngel
14-09-2006, 09:39 PM
Can it compete though overall with all the hot hatches currently available in Australia? I mean there is heaps of competition now, Golf GTi, Clio Sports, Xr5T, MPS3, etc... Honda's going to find it very hard to compete, I'm sure performance wise it should be fine but the cost of it would be a big factor...

Malenic1981
14-09-2006, 09:49 PM
Well comp would be strong but knowing honda I think it would do well, expecialy with type R because it has history here and if it costs around $40000 I think it would sale good.

aaronng
14-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Even with history, the CTR is behind the competition in everything, including price. If they can bring it in at 40k, that would be good. But if it is above that, it can't even challenge the Golf GTi that has the least power out of all the current hot hatches.

RyDC5S
14-09-2006, 10:15 PM
Honda needs to re-evaluate their pricing strategies. They just don't have an affordable sport compact out there.

This is where the RS Clio, Corolla Sportivo, Golf GTi and the SP23 Mazda 3 is just selling so well.

sivic
14-09-2006, 10:17 PM
thats true, but the build of the thing has to be considered. frankly i think ford quality sucks balls, renault aint too flash and the interior of the GTi is..........yawn.
but yeah i think it really does come down to pricing in the hot hatch market as the target buyers are no doubt only really interested in affordability and performance

aaronng
14-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Honda needs to re-evaluate their pricing strategies. They just don't have an affordable sport compact out there.

This is where the RS Clio, Corolla Sportivo, Golf GTi and the SP23 Mazda 3 is just selling so well.
Just like goods made in Australia are too expensive to sell in South East Asia, goods made in the UK are too expensive when sold here.

Malenic1981
14-09-2006, 10:29 PM
But you can't compare ford XR5 with this civic, I read some stuff about that car, it's very unstable, has too much power at front wheels and cant get any traction, that's why it comes at mid $30k but yet you can't see many of them on streets. I think anything over $40000 would be a bit overprised for new CTR, it shouldn't be more expensive than Type S or old DC5R so yeah mid $30k to $40k would be just right.

matt
14-09-2006, 10:37 PM
i still dont see how it could sell anywhere near a reasonable price, the current one sells for ~20000pounds which is just under 50k aud. sure it wont cost honda aud 50k to buy it, but by the time you get it here, and then the import tarriffs etc, i just cant see it happening.

marcus
14-09-2006, 10:38 PM
tolong tolong they have to bring it in...its the aussie tax that make japanese cars more ex. hopefully the price will be below 40k..

sivic
14-09-2006, 10:39 PM
yeah there is no way it will be priced under 40k.
i think the sad fact of it is that while its made in the UK it wont be viable for Honda Aust to bring them in. its not just japanese cars that are taxed. any foreign produced car is heavily taxed when imported into oz. its the main way the govt keeps domestic cars competitive

marcus
14-09-2006, 10:44 PM
gosh like this there is no more FWD power car for honda!!!!!!! the integra is already gone...and they might not bring in the CTR...sad case

Vinnie
14-09-2006, 10:55 PM
i wonder y honda has left this segment alone after their previous efforts with the older tegs, ludes and civics and instead concentrated on bringing in larger cars like the legend... theyre going to start losing buyers if they dont get a viable small sport alternative out there soon :( im liking the look of the civic type r but i also wonder how it wood work here...

Malenic1981
14-09-2006, 10:55 PM
There will be different levels of equipment available, ranging from a fully equipped car to one that even has the rear parcel shelf removed. With these variants, the new Civic Type R therefore looks set to endear itself to a whole new wave of enthusiasts and to repeat the cult success of the first ‘CTR’ which exceeded all sales predictions. The new Civic Type R will receive its international show debut in Paris during September and sales are expected to begin in 2007.

I like this bit of text from honda, it could be something like "New Civic Type R, a real hot hach starting from $34995", that "strating from" could be new honda trick for good price and blowing away all the comp, this could be price for basic model that would have non of luxury stuff, and than to get fully loaded model you pay like $45000 or something.

Malenic1981
14-09-2006, 10:57 PM
Also in't there some sort of free trade agremnet between OZ and UK (you know all the commowealth stuff, and us being very close to them and queen and so on)

aaronng
14-09-2006, 11:03 PM
It's not about taxes. The cost of labour is high in the UK. Just like when you compare items made in Australia with those that are made elsewhere.

RyDC5S
14-09-2006, 11:05 PM
i still dont see how it could sell anywhere near a reasonable price, the current one sells for ~20000pounds which is just under 50k aud. sure it wont cost honda aud 50k to buy it, but by the time you get it here, and then the import tarriffs etc, i just cant see it happening.

True, however you need to question Honda management here.

Surely production can move to Thailand or any of its other Asian factories when facilities are retooled to cater for this - whats the point of these satellite factories if everything has to be sourced from the UK.

Anyways thats moot point, Honda will have to deal with it sometime with lagging sales figures.

IAMVTEC
14-09-2006, 11:22 PM
Hideous.. but I like the interior.

DOHCTR Coopz!
14-09-2006, 11:23 PM
the pricing strategy is going to be a major factor if it comes here.. if its around the $40ish it'll directly compete and/or eat up integra sales.. honda arent going to cannibalise their own products. like everyone else said, if they can keep it b/w mid 30's and 40's it'll own! unlikely to see it at that price though.. i for 1 would love to see this on our shores and blastin down our streets! farkin looks ace.. bad ass shiet~ :)

aaronng
14-09-2006, 11:24 PM
True, however you need to question Honda management here.

Surely production can move to Thailand or any of its other Asian factories when facilities are retooled to cater for this - whats the point of these satellite factories if everything has to be sourced from the UK.

Anyways thats moot point, Honda will have to deal with it sometime with lagging sales figures.
That Civic was designed and sold in the UK. That version of the hatch is sold only in the UK.

matt
14-09-2006, 11:42 PM
the pricing strategy is going to be a major factor if it comes here.. if its around the $40ish it'll directly compete and/or eat up integra sales.. honda arent going to cannibalise their own products. like everyone else said, if they can keep it b/w mid 30's and 40's it'll own! unlikely to see it at that price though.. i for 1 would love to see this on our shores and blastin down our streets! farkin looks ace.. bad ass shiet~ :)

dont forget that integra is finished, there is no more except what dealers have in stock.

Malenic1981
14-09-2006, 11:43 PM
Yes but it's still honda, and honda is from Japan, do you recon that it will not sale in Japan???

Good point matt

aaronng
15-09-2006, 12:01 AM
Yes but it's still honda, and honda is from Japan, do you recon that it will not sale in Japan???

Good point matt
The 5 door version of this UK hatch is NOT sold in Japan. They get the same civic that we get.

matt
15-09-2006, 12:04 AM
The 5 door version of this UK hatch is NOT sold in Japan. They get the same civic that we get.

what about the 3 door tho. was the jap spec EP3 made in the uk aswell?

aaronng
15-09-2006, 12:43 AM
what about the 3 door tho. was the jap spec EP3 made in the uk aswell?
I'm not talking about EP3 (BTW, JDM EP3 CTR is made in UK). I'm talking about this new UK Civic hatch. This spaceship looking UK hatch model, both 3 and 5 doors are NOT sold in Japan.

Malenic1981
15-09-2006, 12:47 AM
But what about Type R model is it gonna sale in Japan, I think lots of Jap guys would be pissed off if they don't get the best civic there is.

aaronng
15-09-2006, 12:53 AM
But what about Type R model is it gonna sale in Japan, I think lots of Jap guys would be pissed off if they don't get the best civic there is.
If the CTR is sold in japan like for the EP3, then yes, they will import it from the UK.

Mikeyas
15-09-2006, 01:34 AM
Honda needs to get off its ass... HAs such a legacy of perfomance then shoots itself in the foot making its top models in the UK....... Where is the logic in that? The asian car maker, making asian cars in england too expensive for the asian market.... idiots..

I for one think it will "have" to come here, Dropping the integra has left a void which has to be filled by this...?

Yeh i agree with one of the previous statement of what happened to the idiots? Preludes, CRX, Civic, Integra, Type R's of everything and they go f*** it lets make a direct competitor to merc and bmw that everyone will say why buy a honda when you can buy a merc/bmw....

shinji112
15-09-2006, 09:55 AM
i agree that Honda needs to bring out a new sports car. all this advertising about 'the power of dreams' with a F1 car zoomin past and 'without racing there is no Honda' is bs. coz they just keep on bringing out luxury cars! the new civic sport doesnt seem to cut it as a true sports car. we need a CTR!

EuroDude
15-09-2006, 10:11 AM
lol tru tru. But its the "F1 technology that goes into every Honda" thing they are refering to. Even little Jazz has something inspired from F1 tech ;)

shinji112
15-09-2006, 10:54 AM
thats also true. but u know.. when u think F1, u think performance car.. wen u think performance car u DONT think jazz. Honda just needs a flagship performance car one the integra is gone. what happened to the good old days of Preludes, NSX, CRX, DC2R, S2K?

Mikeyas
15-09-2006, 10:57 AM
i agree that Honda needs to bring out a new sports car. all this advertising about 'the power of dreams' with a F1 car zoomin past and 'without racing there is no Honda' is bs. coz they just keep on bringing out luxury cars! the new civic sport doesnt seem to cut it as a true sports car. we need a CTR!

DITTO THAT! Always advertise with racing mentality.. Inspired by F1 does not mean flappy paddle gear shift... It means hi Revs and going fast...

typerinside
15-09-2006, 10:59 AM
the recaros are hot!

matt
15-09-2006, 11:28 AM
I for one think it will "have" to come here, Dropping the integra has left a void which has to be filled by this

yeah your right on that, i wonder they will bring in the type s that someone posted in an earlier thread instead.

IAMVTEC
15-09-2006, 11:50 AM
What about the sports4 or whatever its called concept. I think it looks great. Like a better 350z.

Malenic1981
15-09-2006, 05:49 PM
I posted the Type S tread before but still it is same power as civic sport (if not less), to compete with clio, gti, SP23 ect they need CTR, and since integra is gone CTR looks like only option.

EK9
15-09-2006, 06:06 PM
PHWOAR SO HOT!!! I LOVE IT :thumbsup:

DOHCTR Coopz!
15-09-2006, 08:43 PM
man we better not end up with a dweeby CTS! thats robbed..

91'lude
16-09-2006, 09:54 AM
This thing is bloody hot, even if it costs 40k, it will be competitve. Most of the 200 odd horsepower FWD 3 doors cost $37-40k.

aaronng
16-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Wait til 2007, lots of CG pics of the new lineup is out. On vtec.net, someone scanned in a jap magazine, the TSX will be similar to the sports4, while the Accord will end up being like an overgrown civic. LOL. And there is an ugly CG NSX with a 5.0L V10 as well that supposedly will cost US$125,000. Worrying thing is that the NSX and TSX had Acura badging in that japanese magazine. Does that mean that if we don't get Acura in Australia, we won't get those cars at all? Japan will infroduce the Acura brand to their market beginning autumn 2008 (Link (http://www.carpages.co.uk/honda/honda-acura-17-12-05.asp)), so it seems that if we dont' get Acura, we might miss out on some Acura-only models.

Malenic1981
16-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Well look what my mate send me, he doesn't know if it real or not but looks good to me
Accord 2008
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9762/hondaaccord2008et0.jpg

Aratahu
16-09-2006, 04:28 PM
My current plan is that I'm selling my GSXR600 in about 12 months and replacing it with a car. I already have an Accord Euro Luxury 05 AT, which is mainly my wife's.

The Type R car looks great, especially the interior, but I'm sorry for saying this - the engine looks seriously underpowered. In the price segment they are pitching this in, I'd so much rather have the 190kw/380nm MPS3. I tested this on Sandown a couple of weeks back and it was an absolute screamer. And I also loved the understated look of the cosmic blue. For a 145kw engine with probably very low torque (???), the R wouldn't have hold a candle to the 3 from my point of view. In everyday driving, having access to tonnes of torque is just a total blast.

Furthermore Honda previously talked about the R not having a EPS/VSA system. This is another thing that would fail it for me. Sure disable the EPS at a racetrack but in everyday driving you never know what's going to happen.

Malenic1981
16-09-2006, 04:57 PM
I think that R is for people that love race track and feel of race car, my DC2R is very underpowered if I compare it to some of my friends cars (S15/14, Skylines ect) but when we go for weekend drives up in hills and so on they have no chance of even keeping up.
If we are talking about stright line speed than mazda with 190KW is hard to beat, but if we are talking about car that has in some way perfect package than I think CTR coyuld be the one. All depends what is your personal need.

aaronng
16-09-2006, 06:13 PM
Well look what my mate send me, he doesn't know if it real or not but looks good to me
Accord 2008

In Japan that might be sold under the Acura brand. If it is, then we might not get it unless Honda Australia demands the Accord Euro line to continue alongside the Accord under the Honda brand or to sell Acuras here as well.
http://sohc.vtec.net/news_files/611370/jdm_0907-16.jpg

aaronng
16-09-2006, 06:15 PM
This thing is bloody hot, even if it costs 40k, it will be competitve. Most of the 200 odd horsepower FWD 3 doors cost $37-40k.
Nope, benchmark is 254hp now that the 3MPS is out.

Mini-Euro
16-09-2006, 09:05 PM
the CTR has 201PS@7400rpm i think

check this out not 56K friendly

http://www.redh.co.uk

EuroDude
16-09-2006, 09:18 PM
In Japan that might be sold under the Acura brand. If it is, then we might not get it unless Honda Australia demands the Accord Euro line to continue alongside the Accord under the Honda brand or to sell Acuras here as well.
http://sohc.vtec.net/news_files/611370/jdm_0907-16.jpg

Honda Aus would be silly not to, the euro outsells the normal accord about 7:1 ;)

Malenic1981
16-09-2006, 09:41 PM
That link is very good, just wached all the driving videos, cool and funny

fasthonda
16-09-2006, 11:32 PM
The European CTR looks great.
In other Honda forums though ,a lot of people were complaining about the power output and the fact that it has a torsion bar set up for the rear suspension.Some were saying that the American Si coupe is just as good etc.,As long as the current CTR is ,overall a better performing car than the previous CTR ,then Honda has done it's job.No one will know until independant tests/reviews are done on the CTR.
Already there have been comparisions with the Si Coupe-from the Americans,I believe the CTR will have better balance and handling dynamics than the USDM Si and who knows ,there may very well be a JDM CTR that could be more powerful and have more track application.

Malenic1981
17-09-2006, 12:47 AM
I personaly like this Euro made CTR more than USDM Si, but if we get any of the two I'll be happy

dc2typ35r
17-09-2006, 01:00 AM
They should bring out a Type Double RR like they have with the bikes. Slam in a F1 2.4L V8 and put that on the road.

Hullabaloo
17-09-2006, 11:58 AM
I think the car looks great, inside and out. While it may not have 190kw, i think in type r style, it'll be a well balanced car and a blast to drive. I can imagine magazines like motor and wheels doing comparisons and saying 'if you want a daily cruiser the golf gti is comfortable, if you want a blast in a straight line you can't go wrong with the mazda 3 mps, but if you want a totally balanced car which will put a smile on your face, the ctr is for you.'

Like other posters have said, with integra and s2000 being cut, they will need something sporty, and with all the hot hatches doing awesome sales they can't afford not to get in on it. I'm just afraid that we'll get a watered down model to be able to get it in that price bracket. either Civic type s or badge type r and put the dc5s (k20z1) engine in it and take a way a few other things like they did with our dc5 type r.

R123
18-09-2006, 02:42 AM
All the mods here how abt u guys, come together compose a very powerful and meaningful letter that expresses all the concerns we had for Hondas future direction for their performances car and send it to the CEO of HONDA AUST?
I think this is a significant community that represent the majority people that likes honda's sports car and who knows, mayb they will reply and tell us something that we should know.

DSNTGR8
18-09-2006, 11:25 AM
that interior is lucious!!!, i want that steering wheel !!

IAMVTEC
19-09-2006, 01:18 PM
They should bring out a Type Double RR like they have with the bikes. Slam in a F1 2.4L V8 and put that on the road.

No. Then whats to make them going to RRR, then RRRR.. and so on. Honda will become a joke of the automotive industry.

as if the type S wasnt confusing and stupid enough.

Dray_Templar
19-09-2006, 01:50 PM
http://www.world.honda.com/news/2006/4060228Geneva2006/photo/images/01.jpg
http://www.world.honda.com/news/2006/4060228Geneva2006/photo/images/02.jpg
http://www.world.honda.com/news/2006/4060228Geneva2006/photo/images/03.jpg
http://www.world.honda.com/news/2006/4060228Geneva2006/photo/images/04.jpg
http://www.world.honda.com/news/2006/4060228Geneva2006/photo/images/05.jpg
http://www.world.honda.com/news/2006/4060228Geneva2006/photo/images/06.jpg
http://www.world.honda.com/news/2006/4060228Geneva2006/photo/images/07.jpg
http://www.world.honda.com/news/2006/4060228Geneva2006/photo/images/08.jpg

http://www.world.honda.com/news/2006/4060228Geneva2006/

NeRV
19-09-2006, 02:00 PM
i much prefer the wheels on the red civic.

Dray_Templar
19-09-2006, 02:41 PM
i much prefer the wheels on the red civic.

I will let Honda no your prefrence. :P

i like the overall look of the yellow one personally.

Mini-Euro
19-09-2006, 05:47 PM
the yellow is running on 20's

the more realistic version will be the red one.
If it's coming to Aus i'll place an order.

fasthonda
19-09-2006, 09:24 PM
the yellow is running on 20's

the more realistic version will be the red one.
If it's coming to Aus i'll place an order.

There is a good chance that it may come here.
Read the following article: 19/09/2006

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/C7C7F8A4F83D0A44CA2571EE000E69BB:)

Mini-Euro
20-09-2006, 07:23 AM
Great article there

Engraved UNIQUE SERIAL NUMBER!!!
thats Awesome

panda[cRx]
21-09-2006, 04:12 PM
No. Then whats to make them going to RRR, then RRRR.. and so on. Honda will become a joke of the automotive industry.

as if the type S wasnt confusing and stupid enough.

ANOTHER idiotic comment from you...wow!!

Honda was actually discussing having a RR model, with 2.3L engine based on the k24a, i believe i posted the article a while ago

dc2dc2dc2
21-09-2006, 04:13 PM
yellow ctr rimz = sex *thumbs up*

aaronng
21-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Great article there

Engraved UNIQUE SERIAL NUMBER!!!
thats Awesome
DC2R always had that number.

aaronng
21-09-2006, 05:02 PM
']ANOTHER idiotic comment from you...wow!!

Honda was actually discussing having a RR model, with 2.3L engine based on the k24a, i believe i posted the article a while ago
Do I hear k23a? Hopefully a special Type R style N/A k23a, unlike the one in the RDX...

cool_filo
21-09-2006, 05:20 PM
now thats what I call HOTNESS!!! we better get some here in auussie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Malenic1981
21-09-2006, 07:26 PM
I think that we should be happy just to get normal CTR hehe

panda[cRx]
21-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Do I hear k23a? Hopefully a special Type R style N/A k23a, unlike the one in the RDX...

sorry i found the article and re-read it and it's a de-stroked k24a down to 2.2L (for more torque than k20a)

http://i1.tinypic.com/nd26pd.jpg

**Ghost**
23-09-2006, 03:18 AM
not to be negative.. but in realistic terms u guys do realise australia is not gettig this car?

aaronng
23-09-2006, 04:49 AM
not to be negative.. but in realistic terms u guys do realise australia is not gettig this car?
There is a rumour that we might get this car. We'll wait until it is released to find out. But until then, it is fun hyping it up. Previously, the hot hatch market was a dead market. Now with the XR5, VXR and 3MPS, it's hotting up again. Just like when the old Mazda6 came out, it pushed Honda Australia to bring in the Japanese Accord, which we had not seen since the CD5 times. I really hope that Honda Australia decides that they want a piece of the hot hatch market too. For what you get in the CTR at $40k, it's a bargain when compared to the DC5S.

IAMVTEC
23-09-2006, 01:04 PM
There is a rumour that we might get this car. We'll wait until it is released to find out. But until then, it is fun hyping it up. Previously, the hot hatch market was a dead market. Now with the XR5, VXR and 3MPS, it's hotting up again. Just like when the old Mazda6 came out, it pushed Honda Australia to bring in the Japanese Accord, which we had not seen since the CD5 times. I really hope that Honda Australia decides that they want a piece of the hot hatch market too. For what you get in the CTR at $40k, it's a bargain when compared to the DC5S.

I agree the DC5S sucks. But isnt the DC5R better than all of these?

I dont know how fast it is, but I just cant stand sitting in a car shaped like a pear even if its a Honda. The fact it doesnt have a backend doesnt help. Hatches... :(

aaronng
23-09-2006, 02:23 PM
I agree the DC5S sucks. But isnt the DC5R better than all of these?

I dont know how fast it is, but I just cant stand sitting in a car shaped like a pear even if its a Honda. The fact it doesnt have a backend doesnt help. Hatches... :(
Don't quote me. The DC5S does not suck. And the DC5's backend is as long as your Civic.

IAMVTEC
23-09-2006, 05:23 PM
Don't quote me. The DC5S does not suck. And the DC5's backend is as long as your Civic.

I was talkinbg about the Civic type R. I love the DC5 design, its my favourite.

aaronng
23-09-2006, 07:19 PM
I agree the DC5S sucks.

I was talkinbg about the Civic type R. I love the DC5 design, its my favourite.
Make up your mind already...

IAMVTEC
23-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Make up your mind already...

Love the DC5R and previous years model. Hated the new 2006 facelift for the typeS. Hate the new headlights, tailights and especially the new wing.

ITEAZR
23-09-2006, 09:14 PM
THAT IS HOTTT... if we dont get this type R, are we still gona get the 2 door Si civic with the k20z????????????????

Spicey
26-09-2006, 08:16 AM
I agree, just about all other makers are bringing hot-hatches into Australia. Focus XR5, Mazda 3 MPS, Holden VXR, Golf GTi and Honda who have always made the best hatches are doing nothing about it! Trust me the Integra doesn't take the place of a CTR! This is doing nothing to help their "only old people drive Honda's" image!

sitta
26-09-2006, 04:36 PM
i agree, lol my first post integra cant take the place of CTR anyway its too old already still have a great engine. im 17 years old and my family always is a fan of honda we now have the crv and mdx, recently me and my dad test drive the integra type S and it was awesome but i also heard this rumour and i said to my dad to hold on and not to buy the type S.

i guess most people know that here in nsw, p plater cant drive turbocharged cars,v8 and powerful 6cylinders, so i am craving for this car!!! bring it to australia!!!

matt
27-09-2006, 04:03 PM
recently me and my dad test drive the integra type S and it was awesome but i also heard this rumour and i said to my dad to hold on and not to buy the type S

you'll be pretty dissapointed if it doesn't get here, cos by then you probably wont be able to get a type s

sitta
27-09-2006, 11:01 PM
you'll be pretty dissapointed if it doesn't get here, cos by then you probably wont be able to get a type s

true! lol ill stick to my old cars and look for new comers... is it true that the integra is not coming anymore? so does the mdx? therefore honda must bring something good to fill its lineups

Malenic1981
28-09-2006, 03:04 AM
Bad thing is that Integra is finished:( but good thing is, it opens door for CTR, they will always have a car in that class and after integra sales are over there is only one possible replacement CTR.

fadz
28-09-2006, 03:37 AM
i rekon...sumwhere down the line ther will be another Integra?

industrie
01-10-2006, 02:06 PM
definately agree with all the new hatches coming out, honda needs to step up on to the plate and bring the CTR in.

IAMVTEC
01-10-2006, 02:48 PM
I don't think the Civic type R and the Integra is the same class of car. Integra is a sports coupe, the Civic is a hatchback. How is that a replacement, I know I for one wouldn't ever buy a hatch.

DreadAngel
01-10-2006, 08:59 PM
The point is that its a hardcore sports car, how ever you feel about it, they are classed as sports cars, have you seen the next generations and the lineup for Honda Australia? Do you see any thing remotely "Performance" orientated? No man... So the CTR is going to be the only 'sport car' there is in the lineup...

seventwozero
07-10-2006, 01:19 AM
I want one in blue.

ITEAZR
19-10-2006, 06:40 PM
this civic looks bloody awesome i still cant get over how hot it looks and cant wait to see it in action once it comes out if it does though..