PDA

View Full Version : Jazz First Service

liljaZZa
15-09-2006, 10:36 AM
i have had my jazz for nearly 3 weeks now. it is comming up for its first service.

The dealership where i bought my jazz from is approx and hour from my house, there is another dealership closer to home, approx 15min from my house.

Do i have to get my car serviced from where i bought it, or can i go to the one closer to my house..

its probably the most stupid question asked, lol...

destrukshn
15-09-2006, 10:37 AM
any dealer dude.

liljaZZa
15-09-2006, 10:40 AM
How much is a first service.. :S???

Poeter
15-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Usually Free or around $40

-[NoS]-
15-09-2006, 03:01 PM
u just pay for the oil used

krogoth
15-09-2006, 03:12 PM
u can go to any dealer u like really

i prefer goin bak to who i bought it from, as u would prob know the people there

i know my dealer, i still speak to the guy i bought my civic from and he always arranges a free courtesy car for me wen the car is in service

u may not be able to get all this free stuff if u go to a different dealer, just a thought

vtek
15-09-2006, 03:38 PM
the service is free as it is just a safety check no oil.

krogoth
15-09-2006, 03:40 PM
^lol

depends on the dealer

mine wasnt free

i paid $40

but something is definetley replaced

most likely the oil

my 1st service had free labour not parts

thats wat i payed for, $40 for parts

vtek
15-09-2006, 03:53 PM
it depends on how old the jazz is too, the older ones used to get the oil changed. but they have a special wear-in oil right now and doesnt get changed till either 5-10k

noodleman27
18-09-2006, 11:03 AM
just take it to anywhere.....they'll charge you for the oil juts no labour " even though they dont really change the oil"

vtek
18-09-2006, 12:40 PM
they shouldnt charge if they havent changed the oil and filter. Accord wide body, jazz, civic, odyssey are all free but you have to pay for oil and oil filter for the euro and crv.

just take it to anywhere.....they'll charge you for the oil juts no labour " even though they dont really change the oil"

panda[cRx]
18-09-2006, 01:35 PM
free service, no oil change.

half the honda range have no oil changes at the first service now as they apparently add some aditive to the oil at factory which helps wear the engine in.

honda dealers get money from honda australia to pay for first service labour so it should be FREE no matter what dealer you go to. anyone that tells you otherwise has no idea what they are talking about

liljaZZa
19-10-2006, 11:08 AM
just to let u all know - it was Free...

all first services are free.. so ive been told

panda[cRx]
19-10-2006, 11:03 PM
new jazz, odyssey, civic and accord services are free as there is no oil change on the first service.
honda now apparently puts some additives from the factory to help the running in process of the engine, hence the oil change at the 1,000km service no longer being required

euro, mdx, s2000 and crv's still have oil changes at their first services there is usually a charge for oil and consumables etc, prices may vary from dealer to dealer (we charge $48.65 for example)

we haven't had the legends we've sold come in for their first service yet so i'm not sure if they have an oil change but i'm 99.99% sure they do

Rice_4_life
19-10-2006, 11:10 PM
1st service is jus a safety chek, waste of time too. properly done usually the mech should put it in the air double chek/retighten all the important bolts and nuts here and there chek all levels and fill accordingly and usally u get a free wash as well.

air23box
20-10-2006, 12:05 AM
just back to the place you bought it...coz they need to do after sales service to you and it should be free....as i worked in honda b4.....if ou go to other dealership....they may charge you for oil and stuff....why you need to pay you it anywayz...