PDA

View Full Version : Anyways to save windwipers from turning grey?

Poeter
15-09-2006, 02:00 PM
Hi guys,

This might be stupid question but being a driver who parks outdoor very often, are there anyway easy methods of preventing the wipers going grey under the sun? Like maybe there's some chemical to apply??

I would try to find parking under trees but I keep getting tree crap/bird crap.

My car is only 1.5yrs old and the wipers are turning grey already and rough surface like a chalkboard.

destrukshn
15-09-2006, 02:02 PM
your talking about the arms right?
unfortuantely there is not much you can do.. you can.. rub it back, spray it black, then put a couple coats of clear. may help

yourfather
15-09-2006, 02:18 PM
dont park it in the sun

krogoth
15-09-2006, 02:31 PM
just keep buying new ones every 3 or so years

i think they arent too hard to find

and it shoodnt cost THAT much, maybe $200 for a pair, but of course im just guessing, it could be more or less

aaronng
15-09-2006, 02:32 PM
Wax them when still new. You only need to wax them once and they should last for about 6 months. Wax again after that. My car's 2 years old and the wipers are black and the paint is in pretty good condition

So replace your current set, and then wax them.

NightKids
15-09-2006, 05:29 PM
I had the same problem, just simply take it off. Get a can of gloss black from SuperCheap Auto for about $2, & off ya go.

Limbo
15-09-2006, 09:41 PM
or you can buy the arms for about $20 each. Just replaced the GF's with a chamelon one, its a pearl blue/green/purple. She's just a ricer at heart :o

EuroDude
15-09-2006, 09:53 PM
I use ArmorAll outside car rubber/trim protectant and it seems to work ok. But you need to re-apply it after it rains, and every month or so.

Or maybe buy some clearcoat glossy paint and spray it on to protect the original paint.

mugeneration
15-09-2006, 09:59 PM
I just took em off, took out the blade. Rubbed em back, undercoated em, then painted em matte black. Did a few coats. They look hot now. Though you can go gloss if you want...