PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Got A Diy On How To Strip Interior On Eg Civic?

obsessionz
16-09-2006, 12:01 PM
ANYONE GOT A DIY ON HOW TO STRIP INTERIOR ON EG CIVIC?

Take out sound D and carpet, backseats etc ....??

Paul1985
16-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Download this..
Has all you will ever need to know
http://www.hondatech.com.au/links/showlink.php?do=showdetails&l=20&catid=4

|N|
16-09-2006, 02:18 PM
its not that hard.. see a bolt.. take it off

BlitZ
16-09-2006, 03:11 PM
yeap the less bolts the better....

Paul1985
16-09-2006, 04:21 PM
theres quiet alot to remove to pull out the carpet...
With the rear seats your probably having trouble removing them as there are 2 black clips on each side (between the seat and the side of the car.

These clips are round like a bushing and need to be yoinked off with a screwdriver :D
To the unknown you could be sitting there going "why the #$%^ wont this come out!! Theres no more bolts!" You should be able to see what im talking about when you get to it..

You need to remove things like:
-rear seats
-front seats
-foot rest (next to pedals)
-centre console, lower part of dash also
-side steps (be careful removing these, there is a certain way or else you will ruin the clips like i did :P)
-You also need to cut the carpet a little where it meets in the midded under the dash in order to remove it..

Thats all i can think of off the top of my head. If you download that manual i linked you to it will tell you everything step by step how to do it all.

obsessionz
16-09-2006, 04:39 PM
anyone got some pics of stripped egs ? nicely down ... not bodgy stylez ? just so i can have an idea wat mine should look like when i do it .. thanks much appreciated :D

Paul1985
17-09-2006, 12:04 AM
Mine just after pulling a heap of crap out. Im in the middle of stripping the car down completely for a re-spray now. A stripped hatch doesnt look as good as one with a full interior IMO.. but function over fashion :D

edit: btw, it will look just like this unless you have it painted..
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b35/Paul_K_1985/25.jpg