PDA

View Full Version : Where is the main power wire located for the interior light? HELP :(

nugget666
16-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Is there a wire under the dash that is the main power wire for hte interior light? So i can hook up a wire to that so my alarm goes of when the light is activated.

Ie open the door light comes on larm goes off.

someone switches the light on alarm goes off.

Anyone know where it is/

CRXer
16-09-2006, 01:05 PM
It all appears at your fuse box.

Most likely a green/red wire,test the wires coming out of the fuse box,ie pull the plugs out & see which one grounds out when your pressing the passenger side door switch,not the drivers side.If u want me to explain this further i will.

Try any green/red wires coming out of the integrated control unit plugged into the back of the fuse box first.Or if u got quick access to the passenger side door switch pull it out & identify the colour of the wire to make sure the colour i gave is correct,to help narrow it down for sure.Check any silver stripes on wire as well to help further.

nugget666
16-09-2006, 01:11 PM
I have found out now.

driver door runs on a seperate system.

The rear right door controls the other three.

So i have wired up my front door to my alarm then attach another wire to with with one way diodes to the rear right door now all my doors are under the alarm :D

CRXer
16-09-2006, 01:29 PM
All doors eventually common back to operate the interior light ,thats the wire I was talking about,but the drivers door does a little detour through the integrated control unit to give functions like key in ignition reminder & lights left on buzzers.U just have to pick up the common wire on the right side of the control unit.

In any case what u have done will work fine,well done.