PDA

View Full Version : 1 Sick Setup!!

DannyB
02-10-2003, 03:13 PM
Ok alot of you's have read my post about my Civic cxi, engine swap etc etc .....
below is possibly one of the best setups i have ever read for my exact car!!! It is awesome!!!! anyways here is what i found!!!
8)
Ok in my hand here i have got issue#90 of the hot4's mag infront of me reading about Eugene Van's '99 Honda Civic CXI exact same model as my car and he has a sick turbo setup .....just bear with me while i list all the mods he has!!!
Engine: d16y4, 1.6L, 16Valve,SOHC, Non-Vtec
Engine Accessories: Stock Internals, Garret GT 25 320hpball bearing turbo on cypher Nemesis Custom tuned-length mild steel exhaust manifold with ceramic-coated stealth exhaust manifold heatshield, custom tapered end tank front mount intercooler with powdercoated intercooler piping, Nemesis high temp coated mild steel tuned down pipe with stainless flex into nemesis high flow cat and nemesis high temp coated mild steel 3" mandrel bent cat back exhaust system with twin 3inch nemesis resonators and nemesis blaze 3inch muffler ; airxtreme air filter, Dosch 070high volume fuel pump, nissan Skyline gt-r rb 26dett 444cc fuel injectors, gfb mach 1 blow-off valve, gfb atomic boost controller, woldf 3d version 4 programmable engine management!!!!

he has all his gauges setup in his middle console with tacho where they notally mount em on the dash ...but he has his turbo timer mounted in his cigarette ash tray located near center a/c vents!!!

This s the setup that made me really interested in turboin my car ...it's a sik setup and the best thig about it ...everythin is hidden ...the turbo is hidden under a heat shield and all induction pipes etc are ceramic coated to make em look stock and all wirings etc are hidden ...
You just can't see the intercooler cause it's hidden by the front bar ..which is absolutely amazing!!!

ok i know this long but there is still more sick stuff!!!
ok they dynoed the car before all mods were done and it ran stock 75hp!!!!
After all mods and turbo were done they dynoed again he pushed 121hp at wheels .... doesn't sound like awhole lot but when you think about it ....he's improved his system by 70%!!!!!!!!!
An other awesome thing is by about 3000rpm the car feels no different but as soon as you hit 4000rpm there is 4psi of boost ...next you hit 5000rpm you hit 6psi...
Now how unbeleivable is that setup ...this car is like the ultimate in sleeper design!!!!
Anyway there's just abit of readin material for ya!!!!
hehehe :twisted:

weezer
02-10-2003, 03:41 PM
Personally i believe that boost and stock internals is a good idea. Even on low boost. I haven't seen many (if any) boosted hondas with stock internals that hasn't had any complications.

although 121 hp at the wheel is a big improvement, it can easiliy be achieved with a B18 or even a B16 with bolt ons. Except that it is much more reliable and have a better base to work with than with a SOHC motor.

just my 2 cents. Honestly i dunno what im talking about. Just turbo it and hope for the best :lol:

sesshoumaru
02-10-2003, 04:18 PM
sounds pretty neat... but honestly, a better starting block would yield much better results in the long run (reliability, upgradability)...

it's missing the key element too... TEC!!! :shock: :shock:

A'PEXi
02-10-2003, 06:12 PM
yep i remember reading about this car, i've got the same engine as well... its not much of a sleeper now its been published in hot4s hahaha... but i must agree, a nice turbo setup.

Weq
02-10-2003, 06:44 PM
Personally i believe that boost and stock internals is a good idea. Even on low boost. I haven't seen many (if any) boosted hondas with stock internals that hasn't had any complications.

That is just pure mis-information. check out tov, ht, turbod16 forums just to name a few.

The GT28 isnt the best turbo for our 1.6l hondas as boost comes on relivtly late for street use. A smaller turbo, ie mistubishi td04 series will start spooling alot quicker (2000rpm). The only downside is a lower top end power output, but its perfect for a engine with stock internals.

one more chance
02-10-2003, 06:48 PM
seems like a good enough set-up, and for 6psi that is okay. i'd say the set-up would be reliable enough as he has kept the boost very low, as he should with stock internals. as Weq mentioned, the GT28 maybe alittle on the big side, espeially on a 1.6L SOHC engine demanding only 6psi. But he has done everything correct enough, he shouldn't encounter any difficulties...

ek004
02-10-2003, 07:39 PM
tuning is the key....

do everything properly... consider all suport systems, feul ignition and TUNING and there is no reason why your cannot last...

i believe there is a greddy turbo kit with your name on it...

www.hikariperformance.com.au

good luck and let us know how u go...

oh yeah did i say tuning is very important.

LatinoHatchCrap
02-10-2003, 08:37 PM
turbo hondas are not my things but whatever floats your boat man...one thing I know is that running that much psi should be ok for a daily driver with a stock bottom end...if you really want a sick setup take it up a notch and upgrade the bottom end and throw 10 psi on that sucker ans watch your power figures go through the roof!! oh and if it breaks just pick up another SOHC short block for like 700 buxs so its no biggie 8)

my $0.02