PDA

View Full Version : My car wont central lock anymore.

TypeRice
16-09-2006, 07:04 PM
hey guys
just yesterday when i got out of my car .. and did the usual .. close the door and press the centrol lock button on my remote.. the car didnt lock.. the lights just blink as usual..

so i thought maybe its the battery that is dead.. so i go buy new batteries for the remote today.. and still it doesnt lock or open the door when i press the button on the remote... only the light flashes.. so i have to lock the door manually with the keys.. =(

anyone know what is wrong ??

destrukshn
16-09-2006, 07:09 PM
sounds like your door lock actuactor

teaseR
17-09-2006, 01:08 AM
just spray some degreaser into the actual lock...
uno the door trim (which ever the central lock motor is on usually driver side) spray where the lock pully ends.....
hope that helps
HAHAH

Disco-d
17-09-2006, 08:57 AM
if ui can try taking ur door trim off and check out the screws that are conected to the locking kit, i had the same problem and did this, worked fine after.

krogoth
17-09-2006, 06:39 PM
sounds like your door lock actuactor

i think ur rite about that

i think ur reciever died, the one in the car that gets the signal from ur remote wen u press the buton

u can get a new one from jaycar for about $90 and prob be able to install it urself

i dought anything is wrong with the actual locking mechanism

destrukshn
17-09-2006, 07:30 PM
$90 for a actuator?
you can go buy a central locking kit with 4 actuators for $40.
that is IF your car doesn't have standard central locking from factory.
if you do have standard central locking, then, you can but a oem lock/actuator, for about $300 which is straight bolt on, or you can go the cheap way around it.
which is using a aftermarket actuator, you just have to mount it yourself though.
it's not hard, just kinda time cosuming.

to test that it's your actuator, take off the door trim by
unscrewing the screw in the grab handle/pocket,
one for the door handle, then you slide the door handle to the left or right, one of the those, and it should come off, then you will a rod that goes the handle, connected via a blue clip, pry the rod off the handle.
now pop off your speaker grille, and i think there is 3 screws there.
that should be all the screws, just double check though, then you pull the door trim off, you may need a bit of force, becayse it's held on by clips after you take off the screws

now.
after market actuator would be usually black rectangular box with 2 wires, green and blue.
genuine, is actually part of the door lock, so if you don't see a black rectangular box, yours is most probably is genuine oem actuator.

to test it, get a test light, you will see either the blue or green wires if aftermarket, or if it's genuine, you will see 2 wires coming out of the lock, when you lock and unlock the doors, it sends a 12v signal, check that there is a 12v signal going to the actuator, if there is, and it ain't locking/unlocking, your actuator is buggered

TypeRice
19-09-2006, 01:04 PM
hey dudes... well suddenly today my central locking system works again... i sat in my car and just about to start it .. and suddenly i hear the door lock on its own.. and i pressed the centrol lock button on the remote.. and it lock and unlocks.. so all of a sudden otuta no where .. not working for a few days.. it suddenly works again !!!

its a miracle.. =)

destrukshn
19-09-2006, 01:12 PM
lol, sooner or later, it'll come back..
that's what i thought about my one.. when it ****ed up

xcwizit
20-09-2006, 03:49 PM
maybe its da wires wich is located wen u open ur driver door. check 2 see if they r loose.

type one
20-09-2006, 04:52 PM
if ui can try taking ur door trim off and check out the screws that are conected to the locking kit, i had the same problem and did this, worked fine after.

yup agreed. its an age old issue with central locking... especially if the problem comes and goes. Just be careful not to break the screws when your takin your door trim out... patience...