PDA

View Full Version : Drift

JMO
17-09-2006, 07:47 PM
I want to see picks of hot Drift Honda's, i know and have seen the Rwd teg, are there any Oz S2000's Drifting? because that would be about it, unless you want to waste some major cash?

Q_ball
17-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Theres no such thing as a RWD Integra my friend.
Unless you convert it from FWD to RWD.

destrukshn
17-09-2006, 10:38 PM
i've heard of a awd teg somewhere..
lol.
take out the front drive shafts and plug em up.
lol.

JMO
18-09-2006, 08:26 AM

In the US there is a RWD tegs, it was converted and probly cost a lot of cash to do, anyway, check this link out for sure, FF drifting http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/features/0504_ht_keisuke_hatakeyama_interview/

dhdevil
18-09-2006, 09:30 AM
http://driftgear.net/images/galpics/integra.JPG
honda drifting eat your heart out. ide like too see more indeed, does any body know any info on that RWD integra.

panda[cRx]
18-09-2006, 06:36 PM
i have/had a video of a rwd teg somewhere.... was yellow from memory

i think there was a writeup on the honda tuning magazine website on a rwd teg too? :confused:

Q_ball
19-09-2006, 12:07 AM
In the US there is a RWD tegs, it was converted and probly cost a lot of cash to do, anyway, check this link out for sure, FF drifting http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/features/0504_ht_keisuke_hatakeyama_interview/
I'm not doubting that there are RWD tegs out there, there are RWD EGs as well.
But my comments were based on the car from factory!
There's no such thing as RWD integras.

JMO
19-09-2006, 07:34 PM
I'm not doubting that there are RWD tegs out there, there are RWD EGs as well.
But my comments were based on the car from factory!
There's no such thing as RWD integras.

Well no shit, they didn't make RWD teg's from the Factory, thanks for pointing that out. :P

Any way as we all know this is the case i have been thinking it must be pretty frakin hard to drift a FF like in that article i posted up, as i know of no other people doing it?

Also i wonder if you dropped an SR20 in a civc (fast and furiouse ref) if it would drift better :P

panda[cRx]
19-09-2006, 08:14 PM
www.nissansilvia.com

JMO
19-09-2006, 08:49 PM
LOL NS.com drifter's don't drift, they just talk about getting defected all the time

jrs_ke11
20-09-2006, 07:29 PM
i read somewhere that the white teg uses the CRV awd system and just disabled the front diff.

JMO
21-09-2006, 08:28 PM
If that is the case then it might not be so hard or expensive as you think?

1900-hustler
21-09-2006, 09:52 PM
not worth it.. and the balance of the car would be faked..

jus go wit somethin thats proven again and again.. s13s s14s s15s.

hondas dont DRIFT ! ;)

rexi3
21-09-2006, 10:01 PM
read a write up in the honda tuning mag awhile back. Had a ff, ef civic drifting.. Its not hard to drift FF's. I have managed to drift my crx (by accident) but was easy to figure out how to do it again. I managed to link the 3rd and 4th corner on the sprint track at QR.

JasonGilholme
21-09-2006, 10:09 PM
HAHA yeh rexi i saw a pic of you doin that on boost cruisin!! :thumbsup:

As for honda's with rwd... Alot of people put the engine in the back but it TOTALLY ****s with the weight distribution... not cool at all IMO. They end up with more understeer the anything else. lol

crx88rb
21-09-2006, 10:19 PM
http://videos.streetfire.net/category/Drifting/12/C71516C4-2596-432C-A230-E48935556436.htm

ENJOY

JMO
26-09-2006, 11:12 PM
Very Nice

yourfather
26-09-2006, 11:38 PM
stole JMO's comment about NS.com hehe.

Serious, you want a drift pig, S13

JMO
27-09-2006, 07:04 PM
Yeah but every one has them, that is why i am selling mine. i thought i would just put the question out there to see what the response was, because i thought it would be an interesting thing to do

[[d a n n y]]
29-09-2006, 08:01 AM
in my opinion custom conversions such as converting a FF into a RWD is not worth the money..
if i was u i would rather get something that is already RWD
ie: S2000 and drift it. with a snail :D

SPEEDCORE
02-10-2006, 10:53 AM
LOL NS.com drifter's don't drift, they just talk about getting defected all the time

HA... let me guess the same cars that are held together with zip ties, all banged up and left like that cause its "sic boro style" ?

turtleEK1
02-10-2006, 04:28 PM
hondas have been built to go around a track forwards... not sideways...

so prolly best to stick with that...

like nissans have been built to be in defect stations and wrapped around poles!!!

JasonGilholme
02-10-2006, 06:13 PM

like nissans have been built to be in defect stations and wrapped around poles!!!

OMG!!! He speaks the truth!!!!

HAHAHAHA :thumbsup:

JMO
04-10-2006, 09:23 PM
But the proof is out there that you CAN drift FF honda's, i just think it is weird that no one has, they all choose cefio's and chassers and luarel's to be differnt, but why not a hot S2000? they handle well and put out good power?

Professional
04-10-2006, 09:27 PM
Waste time to drift with FF car.

JMO
05-10-2006, 08:39 PM
O'Really, Thanks for that insightful comment

SPEEDCORE
05-10-2006, 08:44 PM
but why not a hot S2000?
Why... because of $$$$ thought that would have been pretty obvious. Convertable also does not tend itself too well to the forces a drift chassis goes though..... let alone the issues with scuttle shake, which are inherent in all convertables.

rhk
14-10-2006, 07:29 PM
um there is an rs*r drift s2k in america but s2000s arent that good for drifting because as put, being a convertible it loses a lot of chassis stiffness. also their 50/50 weight distrubution wont help (makes it handle too well lol).
dont get me wrong you can get them sideways but just not as easy as as s15 that has heaps of torque to keep the wheels lit up through out the rev range. also i wouldnt want to go drifting with an 80k car lol...

Muzz
21-10-2006, 03:47 PM
u can "drift" anything if you try
http://www.fazed.org/video/?id=333 click the video screen to start:thumbsup:
however using the handbrake to slide the rear out is hardly drifting.

Spicey
21-10-2006, 11:25 PM
^^^ that is funny!!! Sheepskin seat cover and all!!!

JMO
29-10-2006, 06:21 PM
um there is an rs*r drift s2k in america but s2000s arent that good for drifting because as put, being a convertible it loses a lot of chassis stiffness. also their 50/50 weight distrubution wont help (makes it handle too well lol).
dont get me wrong you can get them sideways but just not as easy as as s15 that has heaps of torque to keep the wheels lit up through out the rev range. also i wouldnt want to go drifting with an 80k car lol...
Yeah i Saw it yesterday in the US formula D, The FD RX7's have the same problem, in that they handle a bit to well

dc2rrrr
02-11-2006, 11:44 AM
I often go out with a 180sx drift mate and get my ff mega tail happy. Its not hard to link corners just have to commit. Might try to get a vid

Jomsy
02-11-2006, 12:07 PM
i agree i can easily get my dc2r's ass sliding on corners, you just need to be commited

my mum could drift a rwd car, but it takes tallent to do it in FF

DreadAngel
02-11-2006, 03:28 PM
are you talking drift or sliding man? drift, you need the car to be sideways way before the corner, not as your entering into it... I've not seen many if any FF pull that off yet being sidewards before the corner...

dynosaur
02-11-2006, 10:33 PM
u can "drift" anything if you try
http://www.fazed.org/video/?id=333 click the video screen to start:thumbsup:
however using the handbrake to slide the rear out is hardly drifting.

hahaha

true man , anything could drift....

aimre
12-11-2006, 03:50 PM

lol, our hondas were designed to go get the shopping not to race.

are you talking drift or sliding man? drift, you need the car to be sideways way before the corner, not as your entering into it... I've not seen many if any FF pull that off yet being sidewards before the corner... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/aimre/Drift.jpg

DreadAngel
12-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Aimre, you put too much effort into this hahaha!

Muzz
13-11-2006, 01:49 AM
lol, our hondas were designed to go get the shopping not to race.
thats completly true (excluding the nsx), but dosnt mean they cant perform well on the race track :thumbsup: :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/aimre/Drift.jpg

hahah Should read "how to a handbrakie" or "how to do a skid" not "how to drift"

lol i can use the brakes on my bike to get the tail out around a corner too, does that mean i can drift my bike?:p

aimre
13-11-2006, 02:15 AM
thats completly true (excluding the nsx), but dosnt mean they cant perform well on the race track :thumbsup: :p

hahah Should read "how to a handbrakie" or "how to do a skid" not "how to drift"

lol i can use the brakes on my bike to get the tail out around a corner too, does that mean i can drift my bike?:p

Umm i know "real" drifters also use ther hand brakes??? A comon thing, watch the pros do it. Unfortunatly, thats a FWD ONLY option, where as its not with a rwd.

If you try the above methond (on PRIVATE roads), and get it good, you will get some incredible angles

quangsta
13-11-2006, 09:46 AM
here u go for anyone with lots of money and lots of time... u can make a rwd integra
http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=15&TopicID=106670

Muzz
13-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Umm i know "real" drifters also use ther hand brakes??? A comon thing, watch the pros do it. Unfortunatly, thats a FWD ONLY option, where as its not with a rwd.

If you try the above methond (on PRIVATE roads), and get it good, you will get some incredible angles

i know drifters use the handbrake for a split second to kick the tail out, they dont hold it up through the hole drift though.

DreadAngel
13-11-2006, 11:15 AM
Pro's don't touch the handbrake unless its to save them or to eliminate a little understeer. Otherwise drifts are initiated by weight transfer using techniques like the feint drift as such

Limbo
13-11-2006, 03:50 PM
I watched the Drift King, and he uses his hand brake.
Even drifted the New 430 Ferrari

Also i've got a AVI file of drifting where this guy drifted a EG sedan, handbrake all the way! Was in one of those drift matches, he got best effort award.

Yeah pretty much put you can drift anything if your up to it. The only difference is that FWD (and i believe AWD) cannot counter steer, or jump from one drift to another quickly enough to warrant you doing it. RWD has the upper hand in these areas.

S2000 - has abit of trouble drifting really well cos of its convertible status, makes it abit of a slug when you drift, but you can still drift it though. There are also the ones with the full roof, they drift fine.

Last thing, drifting is more for show, too much drifting slows you down, most people try to elimiate drifting to a minimum for max traction and speed. Also less pressure on tyres.

That's also why FWD is bad for drifting after a few drifts your can't steer as well or power out to cause a drift.

aimre
13-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Pro's don't touch the handbrake unless its to save them or to eliminate a little understeer. Otherwise drifts are initiated by weight transfer using techniques like the feint drift as such
Ummm....

1. E-brake technique is comon but frowned apon by ppl who think they a hardcore.

2. Even the pros do it, i dont car too much for the sport, it looks cool and if its on tv ill watch it. But whenever i doo see them, they do use the handbrake. Heck ive even been to an event and seen them do it.

3. Unless u havent noticed, we all got fwd (bar the s2000 and NSX) so if u got a better way to do it, plz tell us.

And your definition on Drifting is.....

are you talking drift or sliding man? drift, you need the car to be sideways way before the corner, not as your entering into it... I've not seen many if any FF pull that off yet being sidewards before the corner...

So, i will again refer you to this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/aimre/Drift.jpg

DreadAngel
13-11-2006, 07:07 PM
Keiichi in drift bible does it to teach people the starting point of drift, the use of handbrake to start the drift, but watch the D1GP and you'll see they don't use the handbrake much...

EDIT: If you've got the competition setup that the D1 Pros have, you eliminate the use of handbrake in many of the corners, some still require the use of handbrake. I never said anything about drive layout either. Only what I stated before. I've watched the D1GP live and on TV etc... So I'd not have a clue about how a FWD will drift simply because there aren't any to see, so anything about FWD cars drifting is new to me...

Feint Drift that a lot of the pros love to use don't use the handbrake which was what I was referring to. They use the shift in weight to get the car to drift.

aimre
13-11-2006, 08:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyBXl56a0AY - An ED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1vbRbA_pcE - Couple of HandiVans

You said pro dont even touch the e-brake

Pro's don't touch the handbrake...

I was just saying they sometimes do... N e ways Enjoys the Vids

dtrang
13-11-2006, 09:05 PM
actually they do touch the handbrake... and theres a special type of hand brake you can buy which you dont have to push the button in (and a bar to stop it where you want for normal use such as parking) which you can keep yanking at it quickly and as keiichi says in the drift bible pulling it so ppl watching can hardly tell you are pulling it

DreadAngel
13-11-2006, 09:09 PM
actually they do touch the handbrake... and theres a special type of hand brake you can buy which you dont have to push the button in (and a bar to stop it where you want for normal use such as parking) which you can keep yanking at it quickly and as keiichi says in the drift bible pulling it so ppl watching can hardly tell you are pulling it

Its called the spin off knob...

Its cool Aimre, I see what you saying man... But I know what I see though... oh well...

Muzz
13-11-2006, 11:15 PM
i think everyones gunna have to agree to dissagree, we all got different opionions and i dont see anyone here changing there views. however one last time from me:p doin handbrakies are just that, its like drifting yes, but totally different. Aimre have you drifted in a rwd? its a totally different feeling to doing handbrakies in a FWD, still handbrakies are lots of fun though.

Yeah pretty much put you can drift anything if your up to it. The only difference is that FWD (and i believe AWD) cannot counter steer, or jump from one drift to another quickly enough to warrant you doing it. RWD has the upper hand in these areas.

why cant you counter steer sliding the read out in fwd or awd? Theres a church right near our house with a dirt/gravel carpark that hasnt been paved yet, and some times late at night on my way home i pop in to have some sliding fun. Believe me you need to counter steer and i cant see y u think u wouldnt be able to. As soon as you rip the handbrake and turn a little youd just spin straight away without countersteering. And i can also tell you that you can link 2 slides easy - the tails out one side and as it starts to come back, using that momentum and a little steering its def not hard to bring it back around the other way. i like to do large open figure eights, which involves linking slides in two different directions. I usualy have the handbrake on constantly as i do this. Your obviously not speeking from experiance there.

Last thing, drifting is more for show, too much drifting slows you down, most people try to elimiate drifting to a minimum for max traction and speed. Also less pressure on tyres.

drifting is completly for show. no serious racers, when they are grip racing drifts on purpose. if they experiance oversteer, its just oversteer, and usually a case of misjudgement. They cirtainly arnt trying to drift.

dtrang
13-11-2006, 11:29 PM
yes we all have our own opinions... this post started off as ppl wanting pics of hondas drifting. getting off topic here and i dont want ppl arguing over what is drifting or whats right. lets leave it at this

Muzz
13-11-2006, 11:36 PM
:thumbsup:

Limbo
14-11-2006, 08:46 AM
Muzz- didn't mean that you can't countersteer, just that you are not able to countersteer effectly like rwd when doing quick corners. All comes down to the rear being able to be controlled more easliy so that you 'drift' over the spot you want.

P.S i use to own a rwd and since it wasn't fast it was only good for drifting, i still have the problem in my ek wanting to drift it for fun. ;p

Muzz
14-11-2006, 11:35 PM
ahh yeah i get wat ya mean mate:thumbsup: