PDA

View Full Version : having problem with the MDX... what could it be?

jamchen
18-09-2006, 12:27 PM
alrite.. long story short... was just driving to fill up the tank...
the petrol station enforced me to make a U-turn as it is on the opposite site of the street...
the road was up-ward climbing up at the intersection i tried to make U-turn.. but when i processed to make the U-turn, just like usual step, i circled the steering wheel full right... however Serious sound and viberation came out from right-front wheel area... it sounded like the ABS was engaged so i thought it was just like that.. but i was worry about the sound so i went back to try again and this time without braking.. same thing happened!!! i now have not idea of what could be the cause of that...
what could it be?? its no way it was the calipers hitting the rims right?:thumbdwn:

edit:
it only happens to that particular U-turn... as i can't re-produce the sound at any other U-turns in both climbing or decenting conditions...

destrukshn
18-09-2006, 12:36 PM
check your power steering fluid?

jamchen
18-09-2006, 12:50 PM
but then why it only happened to that particular U-turn only??:S

destrukshn
18-09-2006, 12:52 PM
does it do it while your turning to at a stand still?

mrwillz
18-09-2006, 12:54 PM
traction control! james
:p

VTECACCORD
18-09-2006, 12:55 PM
read the owners manual you shouldn't have the steering at full lock for extended periods of time.

The whiring sound is normal, if its not a whiring your tyre is probably hitting the fender.

Pogi
18-09-2006, 12:55 PM
traction control! james
:p
Because it went offroad? :p jxjx

Did you lock the steering wheel all the way in the turn?

panda[cRx]
18-09-2006, 12:56 PM
in the wrong section... however it sounds similar to when the DPS fluid in hrv's + crv's degrades.

i'm not sure with the mdx as it uses vtm fluid. just pop by a dealer and have a roadtest with the foreman or service manager

jamchen
18-09-2006, 01:09 PM
well it didn't happen when i full-locked the steering (only full-locked for about a sec or so)... it happened after i full-locked and start to circle left to make it straight up again... also i dun even think i full-locked in the second time..

highly doubtly it to be the tyre hitting the fender.. coz its coming from right-front wheel..

Vtecaccord: its alot louder than whiring... and also viberation to pedals...

Panda: i already changed my VTM @ 40,000km service on extra.. and the car is getting to 60,000km.. so yeah.. the VTM should be fine..

well... it doesn't happened when i entered the U-turn lane to stand still..

panda[cRx]
18-09-2006, 01:15 PM
hmmm yeah then wont be vtm, get it checked out if it sounds as bad as you say

VTECACCORD
18-09-2006, 01:36 PM
ur tyre is hitting the liner, thats what would cause you to feel it through the pedal.

I wouldn't worry about it

SiReal
18-09-2006, 05:25 PM
if its the liner: maybe u should check to see if the liners are in place (i.e. they havent come loose due to missing bolts and plugs)

Nikki
18-09-2006, 06:14 PM
ohhhhhh im so in love with those cars!!!!!

panda[cRx]
18-09-2006, 06:26 PM
this is so the wrong section to be asking for serious car help (-_-)

jamchen
18-09-2006, 09:00 PM
yeah panda i know.. but i seems no mods want to shift this thread to a more appropriate one?!
well.. just an update that i went to and tried one more time and this time with 3 other passangers its GONE!!! jeez now i dun really get any clue what it might be...

AusAccord
19-09-2006, 01:27 PM
not sure abt MDX but some of the 4WD will have LOW GEAR for off-road. if that have been selected, it will happen when u make a tight U-turn order to minimise the turn. thats only my experience with Pejero

LIV3
19-09-2006, 09:40 PM
try checking your rear diff (fluid)... ive had the same problem with my CRV after ive cleaned it out with 1 litre of fluid and replaced it with another litre.. the sound was gone.. the fluid might go over due.. that is wat causes the squeek..

jamchen
19-09-2006, 09:52 PM
try checking your rear diff (fluid)... ive had the same problem with my CRV after ive cleaned it out with 1 litre of fluid and replaced it with another litre.. the sound was gone.. the fluid might go over due.. that is wat causes the squeek..

hell highly doubtly... as i just changed my VTM-4 (rear diff) fluid @ 40,000km and the car is 3000km to 60,000km.. so yeah... but it only happens to that particularU-turn so i was thinking there might be some oil spill of something so it engaged the VSA