PDA

View Full Version : Speedo

C_I_V_I_C
18-09-2006, 05:01 PM
hey every one my car is back on the road after having the gear box out of it and replacing the diff. Got one problem the speedo does not work i changed over the speedo drives in the gearbox to my original one and the drive turns with the electric bit out when in gear but when you plug it in nothing happens.
It has an electric speedo has anyone had the same problem and would not having the speedo working cancel out VTEC, the engine light comes on and i have checked the codes on the ecu and it reads 17 which is the speed sensor.
any help will be great thanks

j3z3z
18-09-2006, 06:26 PM
you might have a bodgy speed sensor pin. or speed sensor completly

CRXer
18-09-2006, 07:16 PM
Sounds like u lost the little drive pin which connects between the g/box & the sensor.Check & see if its there.

And yes,no VSS input,no vtec.

C_I_V_I_C
18-09-2006, 07:33 PM
how much for a new electric speed sensor

ECU-MAN
18-09-2006, 08:22 PM
as CRXer Says,

I just hope the dudes that rebuilt your differential did not forget to press on the drive gear for the speedo back onto the diferential cage.

take the VSS drive out and make sure you can see the drive gear that turns the VSS gear in the gearbox.

C_I_V_I_C
18-09-2006, 09:06 PM
yeah i rebuilt the gearbox and yes the speedo drive on the diff is still there because i have pulled out the electric speedo out of the box once it was in and drove it in gear on the hoist and the speedo drive was turning

C_I_V_I_C
19-09-2006, 05:31 PM
thanks every one i pulled the sensor off the drive and found out that it was missing a pin in between the gearbox and sensor. Now my VTEC is working yeah!!

ECU-MAN
19-09-2006, 08:17 PM
good work