PDA

View Full Version : 92 Accord passenger Door Problem

Trini
18-09-2006, 08:45 PM
whenever i close the passenger door fully, it is definately fully closed sometimes the light is still on and it shows on my dashboard as well, my mate had a look and reckons the latch isn't staying connected properly so the door becomes loose and the light turns on... has anyone had this problem and do you have any ideas of overcoming this problem?
cheers Trini

Eclipsor
18-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Look for the switch on the car that gets pushed in when the door closes. Should be a black thing that slides. When the door is open just push this in with your finger and see if the light goes off. If it still dosn't go off you might need a new switch. Just go to the wreckers.

If the light does go off then you know you need to adjust the door latch stuff so the door is making proper contact.

destrukshn
18-09-2006, 09:10 PM
if the door is coming loose sometimes, your lock may be screwed, but my guess is the door light switch as "Eclipsor" has mentioned.
brand new from a dealer isn't much though.
lol.

itchyrichie69
18-09-2006, 10:42 PM
i had a similar problem, mine was electrical, apparently my car had been in a bingle and when the door was pannel beated and refitted the electrics wernt hooked up properly, my auto elec mate did it for me cheep 100 bucks but said the job would normally cost 4-500, hope this isnt whats wrong with urs but a possibility.

Trini
19-09-2006, 07:00 PM
i think it's the latch cos one of my mates had a look...how can i adjust the door latch?

Eclipsor
19-09-2006, 07:05 PM
if it isn't pulling it in far enough you can try adjusting the d bracket that is the bit the door latch latches on to. If you loosen the screws it should be able to move around a bit. Maybe move it in a bit.

EuroDude
19-09-2006, 07:11 PM
But you said that the door fully closes?

The switch isnt in the latch, there should be a small rubber push-in switch near the bottom of the door frame, below the latch.

Push that in and out and check its functionality. You may just need to open up the switch and spray some electronic cleaner/de-oxidizer in it.

Trini
19-09-2006, 10:48 PM
yea i went to autobarn and the guy sprayed some stuff on it but it didn't seem to work, i'll unscrew the latch and see what i can do there.
thanks guys