PDA

View Full Version : Tyre trouble......

anfz
19-09-2006, 12:12 AM
Hey guys just washed my car today and found a fkn screw stuck right into my tyre ,now I took it out a bit to see if it was pierced and was letting air out ,in which case it was ,now whats my best option I really am cash strapped atm and buying a whole brand new tyre or more is outta the question and it wouldnt match my other 3 as they are a brand or model you cant buy no more ,what other options do i have ? I have heard of some pump that seals up the hole but not to sure at its effectiveness any ideas ? thanks guys

bungsai
19-09-2006, 12:41 AM
take it to a tyre store dude, they'll repair it for you. Shouldnt be more the $15. Dont drive on it flat cos the rim will eat away at the inner bead...chuck the spare on and head to the tyre store. 10 minute job.

BRU51N
19-09-2006, 12:41 AM
take it 2 the local tyre shop, they put this thing that looks like dog chews into the tyres to plug up the hole.

if u find nails in your tyres, u shouldnt take them out or you'd lose air, just take it to the tyre shop and the'll plug it up for u for about $5-$10

if your tyres are more like slashed. u might be in for a new tyre, or check it out either way, they might be able to patch it up from the inside.

newmski
19-09-2006, 12:43 AM
local tyre shop sould be easily able to fix it for you man make sure they use a good plug (inner) cannot remember the name but seals from the inside. should cost much either less the $15

anfz
19-09-2006, 12:57 AM
thanks guys ill go like to bob jane t-marts tommorow and check it out,but yeah at the moment my tyre isnt losing pressure its still hard as ever

EK4R
19-09-2006, 01:06 AM
im still driving my wheels with the lil nail inside...2 week now. its not a long nail but it does look air if i take it out. any problems if i keep it like this??

the reason im not fixing it is cause im changing tyres in a week time.

mrwillz
19-09-2006, 01:17 AM
take it to a tyre place
they will see if its actually puntured
if not theyll yank it out and will b fine

EK4R
19-09-2006, 01:55 AM
its punctured. i pulled it out half way and air came out so i put it back

NeRV
19-09-2006, 09:33 AM
lol just go get it fixed man, better be safe then sorry.

BRU51N
19-09-2006, 12:10 PM
its punctured. i pulled it out half way and air came out so i put it back

u should be fine for a week man..

EK4R
19-09-2006, 02:27 PM
well think im fine. it hold up for 2 already just one more. should be fine. not like its on my front tyres that takes most of my power. i granny shift anyways hopefuly its ok.

ps. i drove over some broken glass last nite....too dark couldnt see, had to stop and scrap the glass off my front tyres..lucky no puncture...just not my day

anfz
19-09-2006, 09:50 PM
thanks guys fixed mine up today cost $15 as you mentioned.there shouldnt be any problems should there like a leak or anything ?

NeRV
19-09-2006, 10:04 PM
nah if its done properly it should be all sweet... i ran over a nail not too long ago aswell i pulled that out and couldnt put it back in so my tyre went flat.. got them to fix it up for 10 bucks i think and its still nice and fine even after some spirited driving