PDA

View Full Version : Hotbits Coilovers

Steer^Gimic
19-09-2006, 02:24 PM
hey guys, has anybody had any experience with them?
iv doing my homework on the dt1 package, and the details seem pretty unreal.
i have a da9 but will be using the eg system with fork type rears.
here are the specs:
-40-way damper adjustable
-8kg frnt/10kg rear (any other rate available)
-100mm height adjustability for each coilover
-80% damper adjust/20% compression adjust
-Monotube design

on paper these seem very feasible at the asking price, but just wanting to know if anybody on here has had any first hand experience with them? honda or not

thanks in advance
PS: check out the link ---> http://www.hotbits.org/v3/product.cfm

spetz
25-09-2006, 01:53 AM
When I was looking for some well priced coilovers I came accross these, and from some research came to the conclusion that there are better similarly (or a bit higher) priced coilovers out there

Really, for under 2K you can get Teins

Steer^Gimic
26-09-2006, 09:38 PM
When I was looking for some well priced coilovers I came accross these, and from some research came to the conclusion that there are better similarly (or a bit higher) priced coilovers out there

Really, for under 2K you can get Teins

...which are now made in taiwan

JasonGilholme
26-09-2006, 09:59 PM
for under 2000 you can get buddyclub or Ksports from traders on these forums.

Either one of those two would shit all over the teins or hotbits :thumbsup:

bigjo5
27-09-2006, 07:57 PM
for under 2000 you can get buddyclub or Ksports from traders on these forums.

Either one of those two would shit all over the teins or hotbits :thumbsup:

i totally agree wiht you.... and ive installed these on a proton gti .. and as i made the car lower the dust cover just ripped and shreded between the spring

Steer^Gimic
28-09-2006, 08:34 AM
what brand where you talking about bigjo?

JasonGilholme
28-09-2006, 08:54 AM
What did you install on a proton gti?? The hotbits ones??

AsH_
02-10-2006, 03:39 PM
do coilovers need 2 be serviced at all???

todaek9
03-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Hotbit suck...haha...end..

Steer^Gimic
04-10-2006, 04:26 PM
hahah thanks everyone for your constructive input!!!
i ended up buying tien so lets see if i made the right decision

JasonGilholme
04-10-2006, 04:28 PM
TIEN!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meh, they're not that bad.

Good luck mate

Mr_will
04-10-2006, 05:56 PM
i have a da9 but will be using the eg system with fork type rears.

]

by rear, i hope you mean front, you need eg/dc2 front drop forks to fit dc2 suspension.

to fit dc2r sussy you need front forks + rear lcas, but really, when there is plenty of good stuff designed for dc2 non r its not worth it.

Steer^Gimic
04-10-2006, 06:00 PM
thats kinda what i meant mr.will. i was supposed to say 'eye' type instead of fork type, but yeh, i got the front forks from a dc2 and rear lca's from a itr.

bigjo5
07-10-2006, 11:47 PM
woah shit forgot abit this thread.. lol.. yeh i intsalled the hotbit sussy on a proton gti.. the dust seal ripped as i lowred the car so just ripped it off.. lol pretty crap coilovers i reckon rather get BC n+ damper

Nightrider
08-10-2006, 12:18 AM
You can pretty much use any damper you like from any civic/integra aslong as you use the matching fork for front struts but i personally would not reccomend it as aftermarket dampers are valve specifically for the model theyr intended to be fitted to and so wont be ideal in your DA.

Steer^Gimic
08-10-2006, 06:22 PM
You can pretty much use any damper you like from any civic/integra aslong as you use the matching fork for front struts but i personally would not reccomend it as aftermarket dampers are valve specifically for the model theyr intended to be fitted to and so wont be ideal in your DA.

considering weight/geometry differences with most hondas isnt a HUGE difference (i didnt say no different) i dont think i am going to have a big problem. i ahve picked them up from a dc. wheelbase, weight and suspension components arent a great deal different from da/dc so i think i may be safe for the time being

besides, go find me a coilover listing for a DA within reason, and ill retract all the bullshit iv just said :)

EGB18CT
08-10-2006, 06:37 PM
i got hotbits coilovers on my eg picked them up from ebay off this guy but are soon due for a rebuild, these were worth about 1800, and are only height adjustable and to change damper u have to get differnt spring rates. thay are ok but id get teins over them i only got them cos i got them for $250! so i can complain for the price.