PDA

View Full Version : right side indicator buzzing

michael_antoi
19-09-2006, 04:05 PM
just finished my carby to b16a eg swap.

everything runs fine, left indicator is fine.

the right indicator doesn't work at all.

on the cluster it buzz's and the light stays on (as opposed to just clicking and turning on and off).

could this be a bad ground?
if so, where are the grounds i should be looking for?

could it be another reason?

CRXer
19-09-2006, 04:44 PM
does the buzzing occur when u try to turn on the indicator or does it happen all the time regardless of what position the indicator switch is in?

something wired up wrong is not out of the question considering the wiring alterations its had recently.

Is it still the stock cluster & if so where were the wiring changes made for the cluster?

michael_antoi
19-09-2006, 04:46 PM
new cluster which came with the half cut.

buzzing only occurs when i inidicate right.

cluster operates fine when i hit the hazard lights (ie. both sides click fine in the cluster)

however, when i hit the hazards, the right side indicators dont work.

michael_antoi
19-09-2006, 04:47 PM
i did a search on hondatech and they said something about the indicator relay, could that be it?

CRXer
19-09-2006, 05:41 PM
If your left side indicators are all working fine then your indicator relay is fine.

Also if the hazard lights indicate properly on the cluster then there is no prob with the grounds.

If the cluster right indicator stays on solid then your switch is fine.

Do u have aftermarket alarm system that uses your indicator lights as well?

All of the right indicators dont work including rear?

The only thing i can think of is the wire connecting the right side indicators(usually green/yellow) to the green/yellow wire between the cluster & the switch is broken/not attached.the symptoms u describe just dont add up.Maybe recheck what is going on exactly

michael_antoi
19-09-2006, 06:20 PM
just to update.

the front right indicator was chopped, i had forgotten to reattach it. I did that and both the front and rear worked fine.

(previous to this the front and rear were not working at all).

why would reconnecting the 2 wires for the front indicator fix the rear ones also?

CRXer
19-09-2006, 06:42 PM
So by front indicators ,u mean front & side together?

The front wire could have been shorted to ground either via the chassis or the black wire of the 2.All the current would have disappeared down this low resistance path not leaving enough to fire the rear light.U would of been real close to blowing fuses or maybe check the fuse rating as well to make sure its correct.

michael_antoi
21-09-2006, 07:15 PM
ok so i got the front indicator to work but the rear one doesn't work at all.

any ideas wat i should look for?

CRXer
21-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Ok dude...I'm lost....

Your second last post u said it was working?

Is the left rear working,if not check the ground off the rear globes.

And u havent mentioned the side indicators at all?

I would say,just check the globe,swap it with the left rear if it works & check.

Otherwise recheck the left side indicators,cluster indicators & also the hazard operation & list exactly what is not workin.

michael_antoi
21-09-2006, 09:01 PM
yeah my bad, i didn't actually realise the right hand side rears weren't working.

the left rear is fine. the left front is fine.

both 'side indicators' are NOT working at all.

so basically the front and rear left indicators are fine

front right indicator is fine but rear is not.

i've been checking all the grounds and everything but i cant seem to find the problem.

I have swapped the bulbs and they are fine.

We didn't touch the rear lights at all so I dont see much point checking the grounds of the rear globe.

any ideas?

CRXer
21-09-2006, 09:09 PM
cluster indicators?

michael_antoi
21-09-2006, 10:31 PM
cluster indicators are both fine.