PDA

View Full Version : 06 Honda civic with alpine speakers

ausuki
19-09-2006, 06:18 PM
hi, i have a 06 honda civic vti, i want to change the rear speakers to alpine spr-69lp. But i don't know do i need a amp? Also has anyone know what kind of cd player in the original car and any specs of that?
Thanks.

SPR-69LP Type-R 6”x 9” Coaxial 2-way Speaker
275W Peak Power
55W RMS
Frequency Response: 30Hz - 30kHz
Sensitivity: 89dB, 1W/1m
Multi-Layer Cone
Linear Drive Magnet Motor Structure
Lightweight Rubber Surround
High-Strength Steel Frame
1” Soft Dome Tweeter with Tuned Back-Chamber in Point Source Configuration

shinji112
19-09-2006, 07:36 PM
you dont NEED an amp.. u can just run it off the headunit. but if u want more oomph from your speakers then yeah, install and amp and run the 6x9s off it. they would prolly thank u for it coz then you would be using them to their full potential. but unless ur going to sound competitions in ur civic i dont think u need an amp. get Alpine splits for the front, a monoblock amp and connect a Type S sub to it in the boot! heaven!

EuroDude
19-09-2006, 07:54 PM
The original speakers are designed to run off the low powered stock deck, so you will loose alot of bass from the new 6x9 speakers if you run it straight off the deck.

Most aftermarket 6x9's are designed to be powered from an Amp to get the most out of them.

marte
19-09-2006, 09:12 PM
if you hook your new 6x9 to run off your h/u your gonna be cut at how little the differance is.
Looks like your not going after a big system or anything so just run a small amp for your speakers.

EuroDude
19-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Yep get a 2-way amp from Strathfield car radios, try to avoid the really cheap stuff though :p

This kenwood will do just fine:

http://www.strathfield.com.au/viewproduct.asp?ProdID=1487

It has Speaker Level Inputs so you can simply run the stock rear speaker wires straight into the amp, instead of using RCA cables with an expensive standalone speaker line->RCA converter. (The stock Honda head unit does not have RCA output).

But if you are planning on getting a Subwoofer or amplify the front speakers, you may wanna look into getting a decent 4-Way Amp.