PDA

View Full Version : Boot install ideas

CJL
23-05-2004, 12:40 AM
Doz anyone have a good idea for a boot install for a dc5, i have a type r 12' sub and a a medium sized amp. There was an aswsome one on a nsw honda site but lost web address....

SIKCVC
23-05-2004, 01:12 AM
keep it simple man... make it outa fibre glass for light weight and easy removal.

A'PEXi
23-05-2004, 10:41 AM
i like the idea of a fibreglass encolsure sprayed the same colour as the car :D... nothing over the top...

LUD02C
23-05-2004, 11:15 AM
Have the volume for the sub just right.
If you don't know the dimensions PM FHRX and he can help you out there.
Also, keep in simple so you can still access the spare tyre and take it out easy!

CJL
23-05-2004, 11:25 AM
SIKCVC - you will have to give me a hand man... Ill let you know when ive got all the stuff together. :P

Some fool was telling me it sounds crap in a fiberglass box, probably cause he didnt think of using fiberglass when he did his. he added another 80kg at least in wood. :shock:

Meh im not to fussed about having the spare tyre in my car :P. Put it in mummys car and call her when i have a flat :twisted: :D :D

traNce_gl
23-05-2004, 12:15 PM
is there places that ppl do boot setups like custom work ...?

CJL
23-05-2004, 12:47 PM
yeah but u would have to sell a couple of limbs to get it done at a shop...

SIKCVC doz custom boot installs, he doesnt charge an arm and a leg so hes the man to talk to.. I have seen some of his work its pretty dam good :)

traNce_gl
23-05-2004, 12:57 PM
lol cool but it will cost me a arm and a leg to get to melbourne :(

sikcvc do u recomend anyone.?

CJL
23-05-2004, 01:42 PM
ahh true that i didnt look at ur location

SIKCVC
23-05-2004, 02:23 PM
Ummm I'd love to help but I only know the guys in melbourne... I'm sure there'd be a guy like me who can help you out.

Chris, Fibreglass sounds great :P dont listen to anyone who says otherwise :P The GL Prosound guys had an SPL set up made with FG, i think they were pushing 153dbish, anyways my hair was moving around it was that loud.

Let me know when you need help with anything and I'll see if my friend can get some more cheap FG.

Nick

Rowie
23-05-2004, 03:19 PM
is there places that ppl do boot setups like custom work ...?

yeh there is... just about any sound place will do custom work... but its not worth it for the money they charge, unless your a fussy kunt and dont mind spending $200 on something you can do yourself for free. Plus you get the satisfaction of knowing your the one that did it.

SIKCVC
23-05-2004, 06:34 PM
$200 WoW... thats cheap :P most guys charge $800ish :P

Javed
24-05-2004, 01:51 AM
$200 might get you 1/2 a door pod from a custom place! :P

SIKCVC
24-05-2004, 02:12 AM
hahaha yeah **** that do it yourself :P Its a peice of piss really.

Javed
24-05-2004, 02:15 AM
Im gona give fiberglassing my kcisk a go. I got a spare set so im basically gonna fiberglass over the old ones so i can sit my tweeter and crossover in there. does anybody know if having a crossover in the kick on the passengers side will cause problems with the ECU residing behind it? also if i use just resin over the top of the material will it not be as rough as using fiberglass matting (i dont need strength for holding tweets and xover) therefore requiring less sanding? Don't mean to hijack the thread sorry...

mik
01-01-2006, 06:03 AM
ill post some photos of this speaker box i made out of fibre-glass, its reali crap but atleast i tried, ill do it again and again untill its good enough for my car, this thread is interesting keep it going so i can me and javed can learn more haha although its a 2004 thread, im new add me especially if u own an LS like me!