PDA

View Full Version : 95 drive shaft

itchyrichie69
20-09-2006, 07:25 PM
was driving my car yesterday and it kinda drove like i had a flat, car was shaking a little, took to mechanic and said it might be the drive shaft... if so how F***d am i

poid
21-09-2006, 09:27 AM
its not that hard a fix mate, should be a few hundred at most. depends on what price he gets for a reconditioned shaft.

Was it shaking on acceleration only?

itchyrichie69
22-09-2006, 02:37 PM
yeah, shaking on acceletation only. spoke to a mate of mine and he has a mate who delivers drive shafts, he can get one for me for $60. will most mechanics fit it or will they use there own parts ? ?

poid
22-09-2006, 04:35 PM
man where is that from, cos i need a driveshaft or two myself at the moment :)

One thing i'd do first is check your front and rear engine mounts. Often they are also the cause of vibration under acceleration. Otherwise its usually driveshaft.

I'm going through the same thing at the moment, have swapped the front mount which didnt fix it so now moving to shafts as being the issue as well as checking the rear mount (which i didnt get around to before).

It'll depend on the mechanic, i'm sure you can find a decent one that will fit it using a part you deliver. It's a pretty easy job

itchyrichie69
23-09-2006, 03:19 PM
yeah i might call one of my mates to see if he knows how to fit one. i helped him shit loads on his old RS liberty, he ows me big time.Possibly gettin the DS off a mate who works for a DS place, what type of car do u have ? ME i drive a 95 accord VTI

poid
23-09-2006, 03:40 PM
'96 vti-s manual...if you're in NSW/ACT and can get your hands on a pair of shafts i would be very interested. Just havent had the time to chase them up myself

ECU-MAN
24-09-2006, 01:06 PM
most places wouldnt have a problem installing the parts you supply, but they dont like it coz they cant add their mark up on the parts .

but they will make some $$ for labour.

BTW if you have the tools, its not hard to change the drive shafts

h22a accord
25-09-2006, 01:12 PM
'96 vti-s manual...if you're in NSW/ACT and can get your hands on a pair of shafts i would be very interested. Just havent had the time to chase them up myself

i have a set sitting right here.

as for your vibration, i went to hell and back trying to figure out the vibration the the front of my car a while back, replaced engine mounts, wheel bearings, drive shafts and all it ended up being after 8 months of trying to diagnose the problem was a worn out inner c.v. joint on the drivers side.

click on this link to find my thread regarding it.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12866&highlight=vibration

itchyrichie69
25-09-2006, 05:09 PM
dude no wear near that area, im in vic, soz. Thanks for ur help guys cheers

poid
25-09-2006, 05:25 PM
yeh Cam thats my reading of the problem, worn drivers side inner CV.