PDA

View Full Version : Auto Jazz - CAI Donor car needed.

TODA AU
21-09-2006, 07:05 AM
Hi guys,

We're considering making a CAI system for the auto Jazz.
So we need a car as a test subject, preferably with std airbox still fitted (or available)
If you are interested in leting me use your car as a guinea pig can you let me know.
The finished intake would be free for the test car's owner.
Before & after dyno included.
If it produces worthwhile gains & there is enough interest this time,
We will make it a production item.
Cheers

Adrian

AmateurJazz
21-09-2006, 10:50 AM
I would donate my car for testing but however I am in melb...

If it does happen I would definitely get the CAI...its about time the auto model gets their fair share of CAI.

Pogi
21-09-2006, 11:31 AM
How often will you require access to the Jazz?

TODA AU
21-09-2006, 01:03 PM
How often will you require access to the Jazz?

We'd need it for a few hours for a couple of days in a row,
Over a period of say 2 weeks.
We wouldn't need the car to be left with us for any extanded period of time, at worst perhaps over night once or twice.
We can restore the car quickly to it's original condition so it can be driven away each time we're finnished with it.

The aim is to make an inatke that works throughout the rev range much like the one we made for the manual version.
I'll see how the poll goes also as to if it's worth doing or not.
Cheers

Adrian

destrukshn
21-09-2006, 01:06 PM
hms.. i may have someone that may be interested.. didn't know so much research and developments went into CAI's, quite interesting actually.

ACE888
21-09-2006, 09:38 PM
I'll volunteer my Jazz!

It's a 2003 model, all stock, and 100,000 kms on the dial...
Would this be suitable?

vividjazz
24-09-2006, 05:51 PM
I'll volunteer mine.

2004 stock CVT VTi bar drop in Spoon filter in standard airbox. I've still got the factory air filter for comparo purposes too. Coming up to 40,000km. Located in Wenty so just down the Cumberland to Wetherill Park easy as.

Are the factory airbox changes from the pre facelifted like mine to the post facelifted '05 to the different again Thai built April '06+ going to make any difference for development?

Hope this is a goer and some more Jazz products can be developed. Finished product could also be exported to the US.

RyDC5S
25-09-2006, 12:21 AM
I'll be interested to see the end results of this project given we are looking for an auto Jazz as a daily driver.

quangsta
31-10-2006, 12:52 AM
any news/updates??? in the market for one of these