PDA

View Full Version : help!

sports06
21-09-2006, 02:25 PM
im half way through installing my CAI and the instructions only tell you how to remove the non driving light cover, where as i have the driving lights and dont know how to get into the front bolt on the resonator! anyone know how to do this? ive searched but could not find!
cheers

EuroDude
21-09-2006, 02:35 PM
You need to remove the bumper to get to that hard to reach bolt.

On the earlier 03-05 euro's I believe you can reach it via the LHS foglight hole, but its very hard to do on the 06 models.

ps. you didnt search hard enuf ;) http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46759&highlight=remove+resonator

sports06
21-09-2006, 02:36 PM
i just got the little air vent thing next to the fog light out, i can see the bolt from there so im hoping to use some classy hand bending to get to it!

and i only searched for installing typhoon, didnt think about trying resonator :S
cheers

aaronng
21-09-2006, 02:40 PM
i just got the little air vent thing next to the fog light out, i can see the bolt from there so im hoping to use some classy hand bending to get to it!

and i only searched for installing typhoon, didnt think about trying resonator :S
cheers
Are you sure you are looking at the right bolt? There no no way you can see the bolt rhough the little air vent. What you can do is remove some clips and maybe a bolt for your undertray, peel it back and reach up for the front resonator bolt. If you are crawling under your car, please use jackstands.

sports06
21-09-2006, 02:46 PM
yeah i can just see it, its the right one! i just got it off, after some major hand cramping haha

cheers for the help

mugen88
21-09-2006, 03:00 PM
I have an 06 Euro and have done it without removing the front bar or foglights.

What I did was:
* Remove the front LH wheel
* Undo and peel back or the LHS plastic undertray including under the wheel arch
* Remove the black plastic thingy covering the air vents next to the fog lights.

Once you have done this you will be able to reach the bolt in question but depending on how big your hands are it can be hard. I have big hands and it took me a while to navigate and grip the socket wrench and the loosen the F_ _ cker. I also used jack stands and got underneath the car.

Unfortunatley i did't do a whole review on my CAI install but in the link below you can see what the stock airbox and resonator looks like.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=737947#post737947

Hope this helps somehow.

sports06
21-09-2006, 04:08 PM
yeah i did the same thing, took me some time to get my hand in the right posy but got there in the end! its all installed and im about to go for a test drive! will post some pics later :D