PDA

View Full Version : Advice

Bruster
22-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Hi there Honda Fans,

i just recently sold my manual car and my wife and i are now thinking of getting a Jazz. However coming from a bigger car im worried abou the responsiveness and power the Jazz can offer.

So from personal experience how does the Jazz perform with AUTO transmission? Highway travelling, throttle response, day to day travelling.

I have tested a Mazda2 but felt it was missing an extra gear, tended to be a bit noisy.

cheers
Bru

Catcha
22-09-2006, 07:14 PM
I really don't know what expectations you want from a Jazz? what kind of big car did you come from Falcon or commodore ?

why do you want to consider a Jazz. Fuel efficiency ?????

Either way it's a car that will get you from A-B that's not a fuel guzzler.

Its got great Honda build Quality, looks cute had a bit of Style. And is can be made very roomy with the magic seats.

The auto to me is pretty dissapointing in the Jazz which is why I went the manual

vividjazz
22-09-2006, 08:32 PM
I came from an auto AU Falcon ute to the CVT Jazz and was expecting to miss the torque as much as the reduced power but was pleasantly surprised by both. The Jazz is 1 tonne and the Falcon was about 2.5 so the power to weight is similar. The CVT leaves traditional autos in the stone age. The latest 6 and 7 speed autos are still not as good as infinite CVT.

Bruster
23-09-2006, 10:52 AM
I really don't know what expectations you want from a Jazz? what kind of big car did you come from Falcon or commodore ?

why do you want to consider a Jazz. Fuel efficiency ?????

Either way it's a car that will get you from A-B that's not a fuel guzzler.

Its got great Honda build Quality, looks cute had a bit of Style. And is can be made very roomy with the magic seats.

The auto to me is pretty dissapointing in the Jazz which is why I went the manual

well i cam from a holden vectra v6, i don't have high expectations.
all im interested in is its daily performance as mentioned in my first question. reasons for considering the Jazz.......just want one.

Obviously i dont expect it to go like the vectra or falcon but after driving the Mazda2, i was curious to find out a bit more about the Jazz.

I thought joining the forum would be perfect place to start as most of you already own a Jazz and have personal experience.

sassy_fit_vtit
23-09-2006, 11:30 AM
of the compact car class the jazz is the best, when i bought my car (late 04) i did my research and test drove several different cars, hyandai gets ( too small only 2 doors) barina (hated the interior) and colt (hated the way it looked) stock Hp wise jazz is only 5 or so kw bellow the vrx. Personally i prefer the Manual jazz, after a while with all auto cars it becomes less responsive and i like the control of manual. it does has its down side tho, its smaller inside then the civic and lacks some features.

i guess it all depends on what sort of purpose it will serve and your own family situation. (my car will fit 3 adults and a baby seat comfortably but it gets squisshy with 4 adults plus the baby seat).

Best thing to do is test drive the jazz and other cars, and see what suits you needs most.

Catcha
23-09-2006, 01:00 PM
well i cam from a holden vectra v6, i don't have high expectations.
all im interested in is its daily performance as mentioned in my first question. reasons for considering the Jazz.......just want one.

Obviously i dont expect it to go like the vectra or falcon but after driving the Mazda2, i was curious to find out a bit more about the Jazz.

I thought joining the forum would be perfect place to start as most of you already own a Jazz and have personal experience.

Honestly for a small car I think it rocks. When I test drove the Manual Jazz I had 4 adults going around the city and up mild hills. Like some cars when you load up with people performance drops like a fly. But for a Jazz it seems to handle the extra weight pretty well.

For a small car overtaking road trains is a breeze, wouldn't do it in an Auto Jazz but manual drop it down and go for it.

The other alternative to a Jazz is a swift. If it was out and i wanted to save money thats the car I would of got. But after driving and seeing my friends car the rattles and quality of the build is less than to be desired for.

Your in a great position as the Jazz has dropped in price cause of free trade agreement.

I don't know what your budget is or what needs you have for the Jazz but a entry level Civic is worth considering as well if budget permits.

Bruster
23-09-2006, 02:07 PM
thanks guys, yeah my budget is $15000, maybe $17000 if i have to.
Im looking at second hand. A Jazz and M2brand new plus on road cost is stretching for me.

reason im looking for a smaller car, for my wife to get around..baby is on the way and spacious interior and abit of get up and go is needed.

we travel down to canberra every month (family) this is my reason for asking responsiveness and performance.we all know not all AUTO's respond great and you need to overtake.

yeah, im going for a road test this sunday so, i guess it will be give an idea during those 10 minutes of driving a Jazz.

Mr_will
23-09-2006, 03:02 PM
the Jazz is 1 tonne and the Falcon was about 2.5 .

umm...what sort of falcon were you driving? one where all the steel components had been replaced with lead?

1500-1600 is ballpark for a falcodore

Jazzle
23-09-2006, 05:14 PM
you may also consider the yaris.. not sure about its price.. but pretty sure it's a good car with a good package..

with ur budget.. i would say jazz is the best car u can get..

vividjazz
23-09-2006, 08:34 PM
umm...what sort of falcon were you driving? one where all the steel components had been replaced with lead?

1500-1600 is ballpark for a falcodore

Kerb mass of Falcon ute NOT sedan is 1,700kg+. Add the weight of your load including your own weight. So 2 tonne is closer to the real world mark. The volume-selling six-cylinder models have the highest local content of any new car currently volume sold in Australia. BHP steel.

A Falcon ute has an 80+ litre fuel tank added with the intro of the Longreach and retained due to popularity unlike the Falcon sedans or the Commodore. 80L of fuel a week is an expensive thirst to maintain. That only gave 500km a week around urban areas.

08ESE
24-09-2006, 10:33 AM

as good as any reason! :)

I wasnt even considering a jazz, didnt think of it. I'd test drove EVERYTHING, and was going to buy a diahatsu sirion GTVi, and the dealer said they never had any for 3 weeks, and offered a test in the jazz...... after a 30 min test, i drove back and said sign me up!

dc
25-09-2006, 01:54 AM
we travel down to canberra every month (family) this is my reason for asking responsiveness and performance.we all know not all AUTO's respond great and you need to overtake.

i make the pilgrimage *every* weekend so id think im qualified to answer..
i got the 1.5cvt and it goes fine even with 1 or 2 adult passengers
matter of fact i reckon fuel consumption is even better with a passenger cos theres more intertia
the freeway is where cvt really shines imo and maintains speed uphill without shifting like a retard like some other autos...same for overtaking...road-trains at that

my workmate does the trip in the 1.3manual alright

if advice is what ur after tho....dont get black

08ESE
25-09-2006, 10:03 PM
if you like to polish and detail your own car

GET BLACK , its the best!

If you hate cleaning your car..... GET BLACK!!! it still looks the best! lol