PDA

View Full Version : EDIT: found the leak, helps me out?

geo41e
23-05-2004, 01:08 PM
geo41e edit:

ok, i found the area of where the leak is. Underneth near the tank and under the block..l think..or whateva u call it...

also, i have noticed that where i park..there are heaps of little oil dots on the floor. However its like as if the oil was sprayed there rather then dropped....

sugestions >?

Mitch M
23-05-2004, 01:09 PM
crack may be your shocks

engine rebuild cost me $1650

take it to a mechanice to check it out ... i suggest hanny's but its up to you where you take it ;)

geo41e
23-05-2004, 01:13 PM
yeah ...l'm like 99% sure goin to hannys for the rebuild..but robert will gimmie a lecture or two about my airfilter and muffler and springs etc...

anyways...mitch, hgows ur car goin btw? is the it just the engine that was rebuilt? or was it the tranny too?

Chi
23-05-2004, 01:13 PM
You think your car is giving u head aches look at mine lol :D

Anyways what is your budget?

My friend practically has 3 d16a engines sitting at his house and is wanting to get rid of them, mabe u can get a good bargain from him and get newer engine with some misc parts.

Hannys did a rebuild for mitch's car , even changed his dip stick which mitch didnt notice :P

bennjamin
23-05-2004, 01:20 PM
this civic has given abit of headaches ever since u bought it....
*sratches head and looks at ALLMOTOR* jks

anyways, l've def gotta oil leak but dunno where..should i jus rebuild the engine or jus get the oil leak fixed up?
how much for rebuild?
how much for oil leak fix up?

also, everytime i take a left or right turb while goin up a slight hill, i here a very loud crackling noise, its not the springs i dun think coz it should crackle on any dip, only happens when going on angle. very loud. please help.

any mechanics u guyz recommend ?

Just because the oil leaking seems to be coming from the bottom of the engine...dosent mean it actually is - remember...gravity !
My point is - More than likely it is a seal gone or a bolt not tightened up - DO you actually see the oil from the outside, or is it just a fact of "using more oil than usual" . . . It could be worn rings, bad PCV valve , BAD driving ( alot of hooning) or too thin oil etc etc. Any smoke whilst drivng ?
Remember , our d16a's are faily old engines now - and will use up oil more than say , a new K series lol.

Before you put $1500 on the table....get a good friend ( me :) etc) to give u some free advice- to see if u are just being a worrying noob about nothing - OR if it really needs a whole new rebuilt engine !

AND . . . The noise u describe - is probably your springs champ - not sitting right or being moved abit when taking that turn.
OR could be your chassis. Or worn bushings, resulting in metal-on-metal rubbing at that angle. The list goes on. . . .

Chi
23-05-2004, 01:21 PM
- The Si Guru has spoken -

geo41e
23-05-2004, 01:46 PM
lols..thanks dude....there are heaps of little specs of oil on the floor of my drive way..so yeah....l'm prertty sure its leakin..its also blowing black smoke..but rob said he put the fuel poressure up so i dun stuff the engine when i rev it too high..umm...

how much is he selling the D16a8 for ??

l think its the busshes..but dunno for what

2MPRSS
23-05-2004, 07:02 PM
man it could be ur main seal beetween the gearbox and the engine i think it cost me $550 to get mine done