PDA

View Full Version : EG DIY cup holders

seadog
23-09-2006, 07:28 PM
I been looking for a suitable cupholders for my EG hatch for a while. Dont want those clip attach crap that u found in supercheap or repco so I keep looking.
Yesterday I found a best one imo, especially for $2 from The Warehouse.
Installed, tried, its awesome.
-To install it, remove the centre console that around the shift.
In one of the end, u found there is a part that u can take out, u know wat I mean, the clip where the original cupholders of EG VTI was found.
-Remove it by unscrew 4 bolts undernerth the centre console.
Place the cupholder on that, hold it by the stickies that come with the cupholders.
-Coz the surface is unbalance so the stickies can not hold the holder properly.
I took 2 bolts that I unscrewed earlier and tried to screw them through the plastic so that should hold the console and holder together.
- Dont worry bout **** up your orginal console by screw through them, there are 2 small hole on it already, suit perfect for the job.
- last bit but important, under the console is several cables so to avoid water leaking throught the hole of screw, I place a bit of epoxy on both side, where the screw is.
-put them back together and enjoy your beer.:cool: :cool: :cool:
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2201/dsc00094dq6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

jdmlvn
23-09-2006, 07:30 PM
nice cup holder.

:eek: :eek: your drink driving. your such a tool..jxjx lol

seadog
23-09-2006, 07:33 PM
nah men, it was after the job and I though I would try how it work ::)

fuzionz
23-09-2006, 08:21 PM
have you tried driving around to see if the bottle, cup or etc tips?

Boban
23-09-2006, 09:19 PM
sorry guys n00b question, didn't you have cup holders there already??
Sorry mine has them and i never actually looked at other hondas to see what's there

seadog
23-09-2006, 09:22 PM
@fuzionz: yup I did, work perfectly, but in only can hold a medium McDonald drink due to the space under the astray, nevermind though coz I never buy a large meal. :)
@boban: only EG VTi has them,(correct me if I'm wrong), Cxi or Gli dont have them either.

An41
23-09-2006, 09:22 PM
sorry guys n00b question, didn't you have cup holders there already??
Sorry mine has them and i never actually looked at other hondas to see what's there
nah I dont have drink holders in mine, kinda sucks cause it's basically summer now

Boban
23-09-2006, 09:26 PM
cheap hondas, can't put cupholders into every civic
have any of you thought of putting a vti one in, i don;t think they are that expensive (i saw a console for $15) and you can fit a LARGE McDonalds drink in there :p

seadog
23-09-2006, 09:30 PM
cheap hondas, can't put cupholders into every civic
have any of you thought of putting a vti one in, i don;t think they are that expensive (i saw a console for $15) and you can fit a LARGE McDonalds drink in there :p

Yup think of it already. Just not lucky like u, I couldnt find anything for sale.

rtsnoz
23-09-2006, 10:49 PM
the standard drink holders are really good! I don't think i've actually seen more usefull drink holders - they wont let anything fall over etc...

I believe they are in Si and Vti's.

marte
24-09-2006, 05:14 PM
lol i just brought the whole gearbox console recently for 100 from the us. id rather the oem one. but good work!

L-Plates
24-09-2006, 09:06 PM
very nice..!!
where did u buy the cupholders...!?!...might get a set for my car..aha

seadog
24-09-2006, 09:16 PM
very nice..!!
where did u buy the cupholders...!?!...might get a set for my car..aha
Thanks, got them for $2 from The Warehouse

mrwillz
24-09-2006, 09:24 PM
coroners ftw

Lex_EG93
24-09-2006, 09:58 PM
si has cupholders as well. . .

jus letting you know. . .

hehehehe

SI ftw y0!

revNhevN
24-09-2006, 10:11 PM
bloody cheap breeze doesnt have anything. i just put my drink between the seat and the hand brake.

Nuttz
25-09-2006, 12:21 AM
i can tell you now corona's dont sit in the OEM cupholders when going around a corner !!

EG5[KRT]
25-09-2006, 05:40 PM
my vti didnt have any cup holders ... doesnt even have a coin box >.<!!!!!

VTC-8OY
28-09-2006, 02:42 PM
not bad at all lolzz.. to bad i i got cup holders

honda_ek4
29-09-2006, 05:44 PM
does anyone know where i can get an ek4 oem centre consolve for my cxi?
since the ek4's have cupholders i would like to put one in my car..

marte
29-09-2006, 06:17 PM
ebay is your friend

AsH_
30-09-2006, 11:54 AM
wat i used 2 do was get a medium mcdonalds cup and fill it about 3cm from the top i think... otherwise it would of been higher...

put the cup in the holder and take on corners... the water moves 2 the edge of the cup and if i ever spill a bit i get so cut about it...

i also used the water in the cup 2 practice driving manual more smoothly... fill it almost to the top and try to drive around busy roads and learn 2 use the clutch and manage the gear changes more smoothly... this was back wen i was a nooby at manual...

honda_ek4
30-09-2006, 11:55 AM
wat i used 2 do was get a medium mcdonalds cup and fill it about 3cm from the top i think... otherwise it would of been higher...

put the cup in the holder and take on corners... the water moves 2 the edge of the cup and if i ever spill a bit i get so cut about it...

i also used the water in the cup 2 practice driving manual more smoothly... fill it almost to the top and try to drive around busy roads and learn 2 use the clutch and manage the gear changes more smoothly... this was back wen i was a nooby at manual...
hehe initial D style y0!

AsH_
30-09-2006, 12:08 PM
thats my inspiration...

too bad im no takumi... i wonder how he'd drive an EG...
*tries the Gutter Technique and rolled up the gutter and flips the car !!!*