PDA

View Full Version : K&n Fipk

dabenzu
24-09-2006, 07:27 PM
ive just fiited a K&N FIPK air induction to my otherwise stock 00 s2k and altough it seems to rev a bit more freely i believe i may have lost a bit down low - feels flat up to about 4000. can anyone comment on the change in performance on their induction kits so i can compare. the jump from cam - vtech cam is alot more defined now also - yeehaah!

WhiteAP1
24-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Try searching, intakes have been covered many times, also because this is an american product try searching on s2ki.com. U might get a more specific answer. With any mod its probably best to drive for a few weeks, to get use to it and for the car to get use to it. Probably best reserve any judgments till then.

dabenzu
24-09-2006, 08:04 PM
yes thats exactly what i,m gonna do - give it a while - a quick blat down the beach and back gives no time for judgement - that was my initial impression and i will try it out for a few weeks. ive trawl through the posts here and s2k and have only read good things about the K&N - although i must admit it is a bit ugly! i though if i could compare others first impressions to mine i might learn something new. i cant really say i can feel the 9 hp gain but it does definately feel different. what are you running white ap1

WhiteAP1
24-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Stock box with K&N filter(Useless mod, but it was a gift), Mugen CF intake on the bedroom floor, going in soon. First things first though ;)

ludecrs
25-09-2006, 11:29 PM
My car came with this..... so I can't compare to anything...

dabenzu
26-09-2006, 12:18 AM
thanks for that! helpful.....

jko2
27-09-2006, 09:24 PM
where did you buy this and how much did it cost?
I'm interested in this because of the induction sound it must give without a downside in performance

Could I possibly use the spoon snorkel with it? perhaps modify it to suit. does anyone have pictures of the fipk intake?

dabenzu
27-09-2006, 09:46 PM
have a look here - http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=333815&hl=k+&+n+fipk+2004

i got it off a k&n agent in US and shipped it over - all up under 400 - i,m not sure about your spoon intake - i havent seen one but the K&N fully replaces the airbox and apparently gives 9.6 horseys - and man does it sound good in vtech! where are you?

CONAN
28-09-2006, 12:30 PM
what do you mean let the car get used to it??
does it have a brain or a feelings

aaronng
28-09-2006, 12:48 PM
It does have a brain actually. It learns your new air flow rates and changes the amount of fuel added and updates the fuel maps.

WhiteAP1
28-09-2006, 01:33 PM

The ECU has to get use to the new amount of air (or lack of depending on the product) that the engine is taking in. This effects air/fuel ratio. Have u ever heard of a product giving more power but is not so good on fuel consuption. Thats because the ECU has to change its behavior and adapt to the requirments of the new part, this may be adding more fuel per cycle. The longer u drive, the more time the ECU has to "learn" the new part and maxamise any increase it may give.

Best way to do this is to pull the ECU fuse so its set back to zero/oem settings so everything can be "learnt" or taken into account at the same time. U can also reset the ECU by pulling the battery terminal.

In regards to a car having feelings, crunch a gear or turn the key once its already on and tell me its not screaming in pain.

SIKCAR
28-09-2006, 10:15 PM
if you have a piggyback that's tuned, can the ecu still learn any mods?

WhiteAP1
29-09-2006, 12:32 AM
u'd be stupid to tune the car then add something, tuning is the last thing to do. But if u changed ure mind or had to add or swap somthing u'd wanna re-tune, to make the most of it.