PDA

View Full Version : Genunine Recaro Vs Copy Recaro 'style' Seats

Sexc86
24-09-2006, 11:18 PM
hey guys as stated

im looking at getting some recaros and i have possibly found a set 2nd hand. Apparentyl they are genunine but i would still just like to know for sure, if there is anything i should specifically look for? such as unique markings? structure ? badges etc etc?

please help asap

Thanks in advance

aimre
25-09-2006, 01:00 AM
Recaros dont have a lever to adjust the back rest, they have a Rotor shaped spining this to adjust backrest height.

Please correct me if im wrong

spetz
25-09-2006, 01:44 AM
I think there was a post like this before on how to tell them apart

Do a search, it MAY have been in the integra forum (type R seats etc)

There were pictures and illustrations too

EK4R
25-09-2006, 01:49 AM
umm i thought recaros had badging on their seats, and im not talking about the recaro logo stitched on the seat

roar
25-09-2006, 03:07 AM
umm on my sr3

rotor back position adjuster with recaro embossed

two tabs on the side of the vertical (back) section one on either side to quick-release a hook to allow the back to fold forward (to allow entry to rear seats in a 2door car), these two tabs should move dependently (ie. if you pull one tab the other tab should automatically be linked and so should also be pulled up). After folding forward, the back should be able to be snapped back to the same position (unlike most oem seats which just reset to a default (megauncomfortable) position.

the side bolsters on the bottom segment of the seat (where your ass goes) should be reinforced with metal (ie. not all sponge)

thats all i can think of for now

BlitZ
25-09-2006, 09:41 AM
agree with above..
have yet to ever see a replica with the quick release upper tab.

however i am not sure about the sr3 having reinforcement.. well i cant tell anyways from mine..

Limbo
25-09-2006, 10:14 AM
I have seen copies with quick release at the bottom, but not at top. Also they good copies don't bad as recaro, only the cheaper ones do.

n/a
26-09-2006, 02:00 PM
sit in one, you can tell the difference.

TurBIce
26-09-2006, 05:50 PM
i'm about to buy a fakie. its like 1/4 of the price. and i dun do track days or anything.
also i cant justify paying so much for a seat. but i woudl love too if i can afford it. i just hope i havnt made any mistakes.

civic_mods
27-09-2006, 12:04 AM
Here is how a geniue Recaro should look like,hope this help
(pics credit by me):cool:

See the words there and the sharp of the adjustment thing?http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/ch_cky/IMG_0002.jpg

even this adjustment thing got a recaro words on it
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/ch_cky/IMG_0003.jpg

xtercii
27-09-2006, 08:49 AM
fake ones snap easliy if you brake, accelerate or corner too hard…they also don't support anyone heavier than 65 kg.

EK9
27-09-2006, 09:08 AM
don't go cheap when it comes to safety. there are only a few things that save u in ur car, ur seats being one of them. read this :thumbsup:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40868&highlight=recaro

Limbo
28-09-2006, 09:42 PM
fake ones snap easliy if you brake, accelerate or corner too hard…they also don't support anyone heavier than 65 kg.

I weigh more than 90kg, and i had 2 sets of copies, they are not that bad. And i don't drive slow either (P.S i use to slide out of my stock seats)