PDA

View Full Version : EK Gear knob (gear stick)

TypeRice
24-09-2006, 11:35 PM
hey guys/girls

is taking off this gear knob easy???

i have an aftermarket metal silverish one .. and i dont like it..
i want to take it off and find a stock black gear knob to put back on

i turns very easily both directions.. i tried on turning it counter clockwise.. but it just keeps on turning.. but doesnt come out.. and i can turn clockwise same thing.. the knob just keeps turning like forever.. and im scared to just pull it off coz it might be screwed on or sumfing...

marte
24-09-2006, 11:52 PM
deepends on your gear knob, but some gear knobs have these tiny little bolts on the bottom of the gear knob which you need to undo first, then u turn the gear knob left to loosen it, keep going till it feels like its going to go no where then just POP pull it out. and then put ur stock one back on.

SIR GSR
25-09-2006, 09:24 AM
It should just unscrew counter clockwise...

I also have a stock gear knob for you if you are interested ;)

TRUMAN
25-09-2006, 09:35 AM
its got screws on it probably... wat gear knob u gonna put on after u remove this one?

TYPE-ONE
25-09-2006, 11:57 AM
most likely has like screw things on the bottom preventing it from coming off. i had the problem before and ended up hacksawing the whole knob off. NOT sawing the gearstick of course.

aaronng
25-09-2006, 12:51 PM
Certain brands of knobs also use up to 4 hex key screws to hold the knob in place. Loosen that first and then pull the knob up.

mrwillz
25-09-2006, 12:55 PM
my old sparco one wasl ike that.. (wif the hex)

or u kud try pulling+turning it counter clockwise...
as some knobs are held on wif rubber end tips and may b a bit tough...
hafing sed that i used thick tape to make the tip 'thicker' then screwing it on..

tRipitaka
25-09-2006, 03:03 PM
take a photo of your gearknob.. and another photo of how it's connected to the shifter.