PDA

View Full Version : Install Fog Lights for Euro 06

EuroBoy
25-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Hi,

Has anyone tried installing foglights on the 06 Euro? Honda advise the job takes about 2 hours.

Just wondering if anyone has done this before or better paying the dealer a couple hundred to do it?

any tips/suggestions would be helpful.

Cheers

EuroDude
25-09-2006, 11:16 AM
The genuine OEM foglights?

Its not that hard - its more time consuming than difficult. you need to remove the bumper which is a bit tricky but once you know how to do it its not that bad (took me 25 minutes first time).

It comes with instructions, so have a look at that and decide if its too hard for you.

EuroBoy
25-09-2006, 12:05 PM
yep - the OEM lights including the colour coded garnish.

I'd imagine the instruction kit would include the instructions on removing the bumper.

As long as there is no drilling/cutting/electrical splicing involved i'd be comfortable doing it.

I'll pick em up tomorrow w/ the instrcutions.

aaronng
25-09-2006, 12:12 PM
you would have to route the electricals too. Plus you need to install the switch for your fogs.

EuroBoy
25-09-2006, 01:26 PM
all the electricals would essentially be 'clip on' and the switch would just be a a matter of carefully popping the cover around the area that has provisions next to the VSA switch....

or is it something more.....?

swguy
25-09-2006, 01:44 PM
all the electricals would essentially be 'clip on' and the switch would just be a a matter of carefully popping the cover around the area that has provisions next to the VSA switch....

or is it something more.....?
The switch is part of the headlamp switch on the steering colomn.
Mine were fitted when i bought the car new. If you saw my other thread in here you can note that you cant buy the lights seperately if you break one.

EuroBoy
25-09-2006, 02:36 PM
The switch is part of the headlamp switch on the steering colomn.
Mine were fitted when i bought the car new. If you saw my other thread in here you can note that you cant buy the lights seperately if you break one.

Thats different, I havent seen that as yet. The kits that I have seen have a switch next to the VSA button. :o

aaronng
25-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Thats different, I havent seen that as yet. The kits that I have seen have a switch next to the VSA button. :o
The kit with the switch on the headlight stalk is the OEM Honda one that comes with the Lux.

yfin
25-09-2006, 04:31 PM

That is the OEM kit I have too - with a switch next to the VSA button

Ferrarista
25-09-2006, 05:02 PM
I had to replace the blinker moduel

But it was easy as

Butso
25-09-2006, 11:09 PM
im sure you need to do some wiring that might take the longest. you don't want to short anything either mate.

yfin
25-09-2006, 11:25 PM
im sure you need to do some wiring that might take the longest. you don't want to short anything either mate.

It is supposed to be click and play - ie you don't need to solder, tape wires together.

Ferrarista
25-09-2006, 11:27 PM
there is no wiring, it clips in

swguy
26-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Where are you getting your fog light kit from and how much is it costing you?

EuroBoy
26-09-2006, 09:04 PM
getting the kit from the yarra honda, $400. picking it up tomorrow :)

I rang around a few other dealers and they quoted similar prices. Yarra is the closest to work so i'll just pop in there and pick em up.

btchia
27-09-2006, 07:36 PM
getting the kit from the yarra honda, $400. picking it up tomorrow :)

I rang around a few other dealers and they quoted similar prices. Yarra is the closest to work so i'll just pop in there and pick em up.
How about the one selling from Ebay? any idea? are they just plug and play or need to alter? is anyone has the euro repair guide for how to install the foglight?

Edgeauto
27-09-2006, 08:11 PM
haven't done a 06 yet but the earlier ones you remove the bumber fit the lights and the the covers run the wiring behind the bumper past the air filter box where you have to take the back off the fuse box and fit 2 wires into 2 of the connecters ,plug in and fit the relay next to the fuse box. then you remove the steering column covers and change the indicator stork/light switch.

yfin
27-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Don't even bother with the kits on ebay - they are hit and miss getting them to wire up properly. Unless you are an auto electrician it is a waste of time.

EuroBoy
29-09-2006, 10:41 PM
just finished installing the fog lights - took a couple of hours. the hardest bit i found was removing the bumper bar and the two covers on bumpers where the fog lights go into. the bumper and covers are quite fiddly. those darn screw clips are a b*tch to come off - ended up breaking one cause it just wouldnt come out.

I found the fuse box/wiring and stalk quite easy to fit. yes, stalk, Honda said they dont provide the button type. wierd, cause at the dealership they had a euro with the switch next to the VSA switch. anyways, i dont mind, happy either way.

all in all the job wasn't hard to do at all.

EuroAccord13
29-09-2006, 11:05 PM
just finished installing the fog lights - took a couple of hours. the hardest bit i found was removing the bumper bar and the two covers on bumpers where the fog lights go into. the bumper and covers are quite fiddly. those darn screw clips are a b*tch to come off - ended up breaking one cause it just wouldnt come out.

I found the fuse box/wiring and stalk quite easy to fit. yes, stalk, Honda said they dont provide the button type. wierd, cause at the dealership they had a euro with the switch next to the VSA switch. anyways, i dont mind, happy either way.

Good job, you should have written a DIY article on it and I'll give you rep points for the work :D

swguy
01-10-2006, 10:20 PM

Would you have the Honda part number of the kit you fitted?

EuroBoy
02-10-2006, 09:51 AM
I can check the invoice tonight and see if they are listed on it. There we're three seperate boxes that each had their own part code to make the whole fog light kit assembly.

You need to be careful that Honda supply the correct parts for the 2006 model as this kit is different to the previous models. Honda first gave me a 2003 kit thinking that all the part codes we're the same, good thing they are only down the road from my work.

EuroBoy
02-10-2006, 12:03 PM
is there a way pfd's can be posted? i've scanned the doco and happy to post it up for anyone who may be interested.

EuroBoy
02-10-2006, 02:26 PM
.pdf's i mean ;)

snYpz
04-11-2008, 01:48 PM
QUESTION

Would anyone know whether the foglights for the 03-05 will fit the 06+ front bar?

Also, would anyone happen to have spare 06+ foglight brackets to fit the foglights to the bar?
looks similar to these i think..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/j0shchen/IMG_1388.jpg

snYpz
04-11-2008, 01:58 PM
I just tried calling one of the honda dealers, placed on hold for 15+ minutes and they didnt get back to me!!

Anyone know where i can access these brackets? atm, neither honda or members here who work at honda have replied or been able to help out :(

tpphan
04-11-2008, 04:55 PM
I just tried calling one of the honda dealers, placed on hold for 15+ minutes and they didnt get back to me!!

Anyone know where i can access these brackets? atm, neither honda or members here who work at honda have replied or been able to help out :(

Last I checked, the fog lights are sold as a whole unit. Couldn't get them sperated (Glass, Bracket).

My right foggie cracked and I couldn't buy the glass by itself. Now I have a spare one if your interested, just disassemble it. You would need to source the left one though, so doesn't help much. Lol

snYpz
04-11-2008, 05:25 PM
^ The brackets should fit the 04 foglights too right? Would anyone be able to confirm?

Im willing to buy the bracket off you to give it a shot. PM sent! :)

defibros
05-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Saw this on ebay

claim its OEM

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220335872563&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

integral90
05-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Saw this on ebay

claim its OEM

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220335872563&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

"oem style"

power_of_dreams
05-01-2009, 03:40 PM
that is "OEM style" also known as replica.