PDA

View Full Version : Integra da9= Headers Wont fit?

Cold Fusion
25-09-2006, 05:51 PM
hey i brought some headers not long ago and when i took them to the muffler shop they said they wouldnt fit into the car...

i brought them off a mate who had the 94 model teg with the same engine, and the muffler place said they cant get the muffler up INTO my engine bay, they say there isnt enoguh room or something to get the headers accually IN there.

has anyone had the same problem? and if so what did u do to get the headers in? my merchanic said they m,ight have to lift my whole engine up to get them in, which will cost over 150 bucks :thumbdwn:

EKVTIR-T
25-09-2006, 06:06 PM
Are they one piece or two?The one piece like mine are a pain
to fit.You most likely will need to move the radiator to fit them as I did.A little trial and error and they eventually should go in from the top.

locote
25-09-2006, 06:16 PM
yeah they are single piece, was a pain to fit them on my as well but they did it, and they also took them off too.

SINISTR
25-09-2006, 06:16 PM
yeah - one piece or two piece?

Might be easier to remove the radiator. I believe its more of a concearn of actually getting them in without damaging the radiator?

teaseR
25-09-2006, 06:23 PM
i got my one piece done and needed to take out the fans
gives it a little more room

SKREMN
25-09-2006, 06:31 PM
simple job dont know what the problem is?
is it the actually fitment of getting them on isnt capalble or they want actually fit on the car?
do they wipe out the cross member?
if you drop the cross member you can fit anythign in there
my headders are huge 36"s long and one peice
you will most likely have to remove your front to back cross member...
mine are 4 into one so i had to cut up the cross meber to fit them in
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b164/skremnLS/Skidplate.jpg

Cold Fusion
26-09-2006, 12:25 AM
nice skremn!

im geting it booked into another palce this friday, im gonna tell them to go all out i dont care what they have to do lol

thanks for ut help guys

Mr_will
26-09-2006, 07:50 AM
hey i brought some headers not long ago and when i took them to the muffler shop they said they wouldnt fit into the car...

the only problem here is that you need a new mechanic.
its pretty easy to take out things like the radiator fan & radiator which will give you a veritable canyon between your exhaust ports and the front bar.

if you stick with this mechanic, which IMO would be incredibly stupid, ask them to be more specific, ie what is blocking them going in properly. when they say something retarded like "the radiator fan", tell them to get off their asses and remove it