PDA

View Full Version : audio upgrade for 06 civic anyone? tweeter positions?

wassup
25-09-2006, 08:57 PM
Just wondering if anyone has already upgraded their systems and looking for ideas as to where tweeters can be placed without permanently marking the trim. (No double sided tape suggestions please!)

Im thinking of using something like an LC6i line converter too so if any has tried this some info on its performance would be great.

Zdster
25-09-2006, 10:43 PM
I cant remember what the interior of the 06 looks like, but usually a good spot is the piece that backs onto the mirrors.

chylld
26-09-2006, 12:05 AM
there's no stock provision for tweeters in the doors or a-pillars... our mirrors are mounted onto the door panel itself.

most of the installs i've seen have the tweeters in the factory locations at the very base of the a-pillar (no stock tweeter in aus though). also there doesn't seem to be much space underneath the tweeter grille, so i see a lot of this (http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showpost.php?p=434816&postcount=14)... which isn't too bad and sounds good enough, but imo a fully concealed setup would be a better way to go.

xenfacta
28-09-2006, 10:58 PM
i heard that we couldnt put subs in coz the head unit didnt have the provision for it? has anyone added a subbie?

chylld
28-09-2006, 11:13 PM
nice avatar xenfacta :)

you can definitely add a sub in, many 06 owners have done it. the hu doesn't have provision for it but what you do is run the speaker signal to an amp (via a LCO if needed) and then to a sub.

tRipitaka
07-10-2006, 10:23 PM
keep on topic guys, or take it to the spam thread

aussiebuddha
10-10-2006, 09:42 AM
Hi Guys.

I've installed some response splits into my VTi
Its pretty straightforward.
You need to remove the small triangular shaped plastic grills on the base of the a pillars.

and somehow mount the tweter there.
In my case the tweeters diameter was a but larger that the space provided for the stock tweeters (no tweeters come in OZ version)
I managed however to shove them in (hehe doesnt sound right) but the diference in diameter was very little (a mm or so) and since the tweeter housing is a plastic ring, it acommodated my response tweeter with no problem.

the only thing i had to figure out was how to attach the tweeter to the grill housing.

I wanted to make some sort of a bracket to keep it in place, but to simplify things, I used my glue gun, and all set.

Using the glue gun i think was the right choice since it doesnt damagade or mark the tweeter ot the plastic housing under the grille.

If you guys want to have a look at what i'm talking about, just remove the grille. fit a screwdriver (with some tape or something to avoid marking the plastic) and pull it out.

It's a bit difficult to picture what i'm talking about, but if you see it you'll notice is easy as.

aussiebuddha
10-10-2006, 09:46 AM
i heard that we couldnt put subs in coz the head unit didnt have the provision for it? has anyone added a subbie?

Man adding a sub is piece of cake.
1)buy a LOC, amp and sub
2) connect the LOC to rear speakers.
3) connect loc to amp
4) connect amp to sub.

chylld
10-10-2006, 09:46 AM
It's a bit difficult to picture what i'm talking about, but if you see it you'll notice is easy as.

pics? :)

aussiebuddha
10-10-2006, 09:48 AM
pics? :)

nah, haven't taken any pics.
you can have a look yourself if you remove the grille, easy..

Otherwise, come have a look at my civic, and you can help me install the dynamat while at it :-p