PDA

View Full Version : 06 Civic pulling to the left

miffers
27-09-2006, 11:36 AM
I've had my 06 Civic Sport for just over a month now and it's pulling to the left. When it's on the freeway it takes a bit of effort to correct it and keep it straight.

I rang up the dealer today and was advised it was the alignment (well duh!) and to take it to Bob Jane or some other alignment place to get it fixed. When I told him for the second time that I've only had my car for just over a month (It sounded like he wasn't that interested if he didn't take it in the first time) he was like, oh and he then said you could bring it in here. Asked him if there was a charge and he goes yeah!

My question then is should you be paying for this to be fixed? I had a look at the manual and it's not covered under the warrenty but the car has only done 1700km's. I've also had other problems with my Civic, my CD stacker carked it on second day I had it. This has now been fixed though...

Also when I received the car, it wasn't buffed properly and there was also scratches on the paint. When I took it in regarding the stacker I alerted it to them. They fixed a few of them when I took it in for my 1st service, but there are still some noticable ones there...

What do I do?
Thanks for any assistance.

ozR18
27-09-2006, 12:49 PM
Ohh No...

I say u go hard on the dealer.I think you should make a scene at the dealership..u should brush up on your acting skills b4hand.

Its suprising that ur dealer is being a prick...when i bought my hyundai in 2003..even after 2 years..any problems they took it back with a smile..NO questions ask.No charges!

Everyone should check their car throughly when u take delivery .

Hey man...gluck.I hope you meet a happy end to this.

rhk
27-09-2006, 01:25 PM
have you had your free 1000km service? if not get it done there

if you have id just drive it into their service area and go look whats up?

and yeah its not uncommon for cars to come without a wheel alignment (or with one but something goes wrong when you get the car and its out of line >.<)

i got mine with the wheel alignment out but i took it back the day after i got deliver and they did it for free

IAMVTEC
27-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Ive got the exact same problem.

aaronng
27-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Go there, tell them your car pulls to the left. Demonstrate it to them. Tell them you want it fixed under warranty. Don't ask for an alignment and all that. Let them decide on the repair method.

chylld
27-09-2006, 03:34 PM
That should absolutely be fixed under warranty. altho cars naturally pull to the left as most roads slope down from the centre... but not enough to require an effort so it sounds like u need ur steering fixed.

Its suprising that ur dealer is being a prick...when i bought my hyundai in 2003..even after 2 years..any problems they took it back with a smile..NO questions ask.No charges!

same here, my previous car was a getz and dealing with the hyundai service centre was an absolute pleasure. even when i complained of slight noises from the front, they were like "we can't pinpoint it exactly, but it might be this and this, we'll replace that whole assembly for you out of warranty". Honda on the other hand are like "nup don't hear the noise so can't fix it."

my dealer in particular (hornsby honda) are quite the pathetic, although honda australia has been in contact with me to try to help rectify the problem...

VTECACCORD
27-09-2006, 04:00 PM
One thing all people must learn is to never let a dealer or automated car wash, wash your car.

You will get scratches and swirls. My GF's brand new civic arrived with holograms in the paint, she took it back to get it fixed. I still have to see it in the sun before i can tell if they fixed the problem.

vinhy
27-09-2006, 04:01 PM
my sister new civic had an alignment problem veering to the left. took it back to them 3 times to try and get it straight but the dealer said thats the best they can do and theyve had other new civics veering towards the left aswell. it was done for free as well.

miffers
27-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Thanks all for the replies! Will take it back on Saturday (or in worst case scenario my brother can take it in on Monday) and tell them to fix it or else will be taking my car elsewhere for service from now on. Will also tell them that my brother was planning on buying a car from there, but that's not likely to occur given the crap service I've been getting.

When I purchased the car, I was told that the dealer I bought it from (Westside Honda in Vic) had the best aftercare service in Australia... I'm really doubting this at the moment however.

ozR18 - This was my first ever car, so I wasn't really sure what I was doing when I picked it up. The day was also cloudy and rather dark so it was hard to spot any problems with the finish. I'll be more of a pain the next time I buy a car... once they take you're money they want nothing more to do with you.

rhk - Had my first service last week (I think it was) so will just go there and see if they will do anything...

IAMVTEC - Have you done anything about it yet?

aaronng - Sounds like a plan!

chylld - Indeed! I think Honda need to pull their finger out of wherever they've got it and improve their customer service otherwise they are going to start losing customers.

VTECACCORD - Haven't used any automated washing places and the dealer has only washed it twice, once when I got it and the other when I took it in for the first service. (both times they did crappy jobs of it)

vinhy - It seems like my dealer is trying to stuff me around.

Anyone recommend any other dealers in the Melbourne area?