PDA

View Full Version : idle Problems

waymad
24-05-2004, 08:01 AM
Hi
I know there other forums about this but nothing seems to work i own a 1992 honda civic gl eg the motor is stock standerd expect for a after maket exhast and high flow cat my problem is the idle is rought but not that rough as in it does not move the tekco it hard to explain but it idles fine but every 2 to 3 seconds there a flat spot something like rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppppprrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrppprrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppp at its worst it can stall as soon as you pull up at a traffic lights but it seems to get worst when its a cold night this motor has done 150,000kms i know that it has nothing to do with the exhast system as i have disconnected it i have clean the idle control valve, new sparks plugs its had a service and it seems that every pipe has no holes in it also it has a new fuel filter can someone help me as it is killing me.

h22a accord
24-05-2004, 08:28 AM
put a h22a init :P that will fix ur probs :P

BlacKEGPedroew
24-05-2004, 10:21 AM
my d15b used to do this too, it is damn annoying
but it fixed itself after a couple of weeks.
Maybe do an oil change radiator flush and get a service.

88crx
24-05-2004, 10:39 AM
check timing

and check distributor eg points, clean cap etc

might be a vacuum leak if it stalls when you come
complete stop or brake a bit hard.
:)

MR-VTEC
24-05-2004, 10:46 AM
take it to ur mechanic.

jords
24-05-2004, 11:55 AM
It may be a fuel/air sensor. If this happens more often when it is cold you may need to get the sensor looked at, thats if its an efi motor.

[[d a n n y]]
24-05-2004, 01:05 PM
this is common with carby cars..

clean ur carby..that's probly the problem...

my 1.3 carby used to do this all the time...

after it hit 200k KMs

2MPRSS
24-05-2004, 01:07 PM
had that problem got it fixed after a full service bahahhaha :D

SIKCVC
24-05-2004, 01:09 PM
fuel/air sensor

Yep... Happened to me at 140,000 not to mention my o2 sensor and coolent sensor, the o2 was the first to go but i ignored idling problems for a while (ie it would rev slightly high in hot stop start conditions) and then eventually one day i took it for a drive and I couldn't even get it to take off from a set of lights without stalling, stalled all the time.

waymad
24-05-2004, 05:48 PM
guys i have had a mechanic look at it and he could not find one problem i have check timing clean the distributor and i have look for leaks i have changed the oil but things i have not done is clean carby, fuel/air sensor, i will try this and get back to you guys