PDA

View Full Version : Leaving car at mechanics...

TypeRice
28-09-2006, 12:10 AM
you may leave your car at the mechanics just for a few hours.. for them to service... and then you come back to pick it up later..

wat i noticed is at the mechanics..

they just park all their customers cars outside the garage.. and they leave the key inside the car... and go back in the garage to work on the next car..

so wat im worried about is thieves... it would be soo easy for a thief to just hop into one of those cars outside the garage and drive off as the key is in the car too..

wat you guys think??

FIT
28-09-2006, 12:15 AM
if this is the case then the mechanic will be responsible for the loss of the car and im guessing they will have to pay for it, but im sure they wont leave the keys in the car if its more then 35 meters away from sight

Slow96GSR
28-09-2006, 04:30 AM
Do what I do, go to a good mechanic and tell them it doesn't leave the bay, ever. That will make them get it done faster and have it back to you. The mechanics here have to do what you tell them, nice little laws I guess. My car goes to the same mechanic every time and so far no problems, knock on wood, and he never leaves it out or in a place where people can see it.

fadz
28-09-2006, 04:35 AM
hmm, dont even leave it ther, if there goin to leave the keys in ther, my one leaves the keys on a rack they have inside ther Shop...id guess most mechanics wuld hav this?

Hullabaloo
28-09-2006, 12:40 PM
My dealer leaves the car outside but locked and keeps the key inside.

Eclipsor
28-09-2006, 12:57 PM
Friends mum got her mazda stolen just like this. Found it a week later with a few thousand extra k's on it and other random shit in there. Police reackoned it had been used for a few drug runs. lol. The dogs were going crazy in there.

Anyway. Dealer replaced the car with a new one I think. Replace a 626 for a new 6.

EuroDude
28-09-2006, 01:15 PM
yeah they left the keys in my civic once after servicing, and it was on the street out of sight.

what you could do is put a note on the dash saying "Do not leave keys in the car, the alarm locks the car automatically" or something.

Actually my civics alarm locked the car automatically, but it had a mind of its own and sometimes doesnt lock it. Lucky it didnt auto-lock that day :p

bigjo5
28-09-2006, 06:31 PM
you may leave your car at the mechanics just for a few hours.. for them to service... and then you come back to pick it up later..

wat i noticed is at the mechanics..

they just park all their customers cars outside the garage.. and they leave the key inside the car... and go back in the garage to work on the next car..

so wat im worried about is thieves... it would be soo easy for a thief to just hop into one of those cars outside the garage and drive off as the key is in the car too..

wat you guys think??

what mechanic is that that u go to lols .. thats stupid..

AsH_
29-09-2006, 12:32 PM
i dont like leaving my car with any1...

i feel like something is missing from me.
also i wonder wat they are doing with the car... hopefully not reving the shit outta it !!! :'(
thats my job...