PDA

View Full Version : ABS light

IntegraDc2R
28-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Once in while when i turn on my engine, my ABS light would come on, the only way that i can get rid of the light is by turnning off the engine. Just wondering if any here know what caused the the light to come on or know how to prevent it. Would i be doing more damage to the ABS if i drive the car with the ABS light on?

aaronng
28-09-2006, 04:16 PM
It means your ABS is not working because of a problem. Get it checked out by a Honda mechanic. DC2R uses a separate high pressure ABS system, so that might need bleeding using special tools.

Slow96GSR
28-09-2006, 06:35 PM
The light should come on during the start-up test. Does it make a pump sound? Bleeding the brakes and pump takes no special tools that I know of, the pump has a valve right on it. Just check all fluid levels and see if there are any leaks or ware and tear you can see. If you see nothing and the fluid levels are good then take it to a pro.

ECU-MAN
28-09-2006, 07:07 PM
doesnt the DC2R use the low pressure system for AUDM,

I now JDM and prob USM use high pressure,

anyway, check the ECU for fault codes. it should have a fault code logged.

IntegraDc2R
28-09-2006, 08:17 PM
The light should come on during the start-up test. Does it make a pump sound? Bleeding the brakes and pump takes no special tools that I know of, the pump has a valve right on it. Just check all fluid levels and see if there are any leaks or ware and tear you can see. If you see nothing and the fluid levels are good then take it to a pro.

I got a engine start button like the s2000 in my car and every time i turned the key to ignition it would make the pump sound. Is that what you mean?

And also I've just recently changed my rear breaks so if theres any leak the mechanic would've pick it up.

(I dont know anything about cars so if i sound stupid you know why)

IntegraDc2R
28-09-2006, 08:18 PM
doesnt the DC2R use the low pressure system for AUDM,

I now JDM and prob USM use high pressure,

anyway, check the ECU for fault codes. it should have a fault code logged.

How do i check the ECU for faults codes? i got Motec ECU

ECU-MAN
28-09-2006, 10:47 PM
you have to find the 2 pin SCS connector. bridge it and hope it still works.

the ABS light will start to flash.

Slow96GSR
29-09-2006, 07:48 AM
I got a engine start button like the s2000 in my car and every time i turned the key to ignition it would make the pump sound. Is that what you mean?

And also I've just recently changed my rear breaks so if theres any leak the mechanic would've pick it up.

(I dont know anything about cars so if i sound stupid you know why)

Yes that's the sound. It should stay on for 2-5 seconds. It is just charging the system. As for the new brakes, if they weren't bled properly it can make the brakes act funny or not activate/stop you. The ABS system is very touchy. If I pump my brakes just right I can make the ABS light come on. So have the guy who put the new brakes on double check them. Might find something. Have him check the pump too. If you installed them, then take it to a pro and have him check. Some shops will inspect for free if you have them do the work. Some even do an inspection free.

Trouble shooter (http://www.strathlan.com/CMS/images/Manuals/ABSTS.jpg)

FindingCodes (http://www.strathlan.com/CMS/images/Manuals/FindingCodes.jpg)

Trouble shooting index (http://www.strathlan.com/CMS/images/Manuals/TSIndex.jpg)

IntegraDc2R
30-09-2006, 01:55 PM
I will get the mechanic to have a look at it.
Thx for all the input guys greatly appreciated

Slow96GSR
30-09-2006, 02:13 PM
No problem, any time. Hope it gets fixed.

Spunkymonkey
01-10-2006, 09:16 AM
As slow96gsr said, the light should come on, and then turn off after a few seconds. I've had the abs light come up a couple of times before, when I had a problem with my alarm just before the engine was about to stall due to the alarm immobilisation, but other than that, haven't had any problems with it.

IntegraDc2R
01-10-2006, 01:46 PM
Yeah i think i have the same problem, most of the time when the ABS light comes on is when the engine is not startting up properly like a smooth start up sound...its sounded like its struggling and about to stall. Did you end fixing the problem?

Spunkymonkey
01-10-2006, 06:02 PM
Yeah i think i have the same problem, most of the time when the ABS light comes on is when the engine is not startting up properly like a smooth start up sound...its sounded like its struggling and about to stall. Did you end fixing the problem?

I haven't had the problem since. What happened, was for some strange reason one of my immobilisation points (fuel cut) started turning on when I was driving...not good at all lol....(especially when your at a major intersection lol)

The abs light came up just as the engine started losing fuel. Fine after a restart of motor though...

Nevertheless the problem hasn't come up again and if it does I know what the problem is - its my pager unit...but no problems since then...

if you engine is struggling to start it may be a fuel problem?

Cheers,
Q

AsH_
02-10-2006, 03:44 PM
is it very expensive to have ABS installed???

and is it really worth it???

i gotta EG Gli with a B16A implant...

Spunkymonkey
02-10-2006, 10:16 PM
I think so, but I guess you just need to ring and get quotes... the abs that comes with the b16a out of ek4 is ok....not as good as the one on my dc2 though....mine's got a bigger abs motor and pulls up better.