PDA

View Full Version : EK Stock Speakers...

TypeRice
29-09-2006, 12:47 PM
hey people =)

does n e 1 know how many watts the stock speakers of an EK have??

i wanna upgrade my speakers, just slightly better than stock, but i dont want to pump it loud to attract atention... just after that crisp clear sound of music, and some slight bass with no distortion..

i am also wondering does it also depend on the CD/MP3 player in your car?

coz i see at supercheap auto.. der are like 150W speakers.. and 200W speakers.. etc... i am jus wondering how many Watts is stock speakers.. so i can get similar to stock but a bit better =))

thanks =)

mrwillz
29-09-2006, 12:52 PM
stock specs are 15wrms...30W

stock headunits produce about 9rms???

most new aftermarket headunits haf a pre-amp off about 17-19wrms

ive got runnning off the headunit at the front jvc cs-v624.. better then stock.. str8 fit...cost:50bux

TypeRice
29-09-2006, 02:03 PM
ohh coz on the JVC mp3/CD player thing i got installed into my car.. i was reading the instructoin booklets that came with it.. and it says that the speakers should b at least 50W and above... otherwise the music would distort.. and that u need to change the amp levels or sumthing like dat...

so that may explain why my speakers distort yeah?

EDIT: so if my JVC headunit is 17-19wrms... what speakers should i get to suit them.. like so that the sound would b clear... it does suggest in the instructoin booklet that anything above 50W is good.. but doesnt state the limit.. so im not sure whether buying 100W or 200W etc...

nugget666
29-09-2006, 06:24 PM
this should be in the audio section

It wont really matter what kind of speakers you get. Just go into some shops and ask them to run them of a headunit and pick out what you think sounds the best.

You might pick a speaker and think its poo. someone else might hear and like the sound of it.

I suggest just going to a few audio places and testing out speakers. If your not a giant audiophile trying lookign at sony,pioneer,kenwood brands as there a realitvily good bang for buck brand.

SIR GSR
29-09-2006, 08:42 PM
Just make sure they aren't too deep mounting otherwise it will foul on the inside of your door...or your grills wont fit over again for the stock look