PDA

View Full Version : EM1 Diagnostic

DEFNYA
30-09-2006, 08:59 AM
Just a quickie, saw the thread on how to put your car into diagnostic mode via the plug near the ECU. Is it the same for the em1 or is it located somewhere else cant seem to find it

ECU-MAN
02-10-2006, 10:43 PM
yes its the same

look near the ecu. its the same as EG

2 pin blue connector, should be plugged in to a green rubber/plastic type of housing along with the 3 pin DLC

chinkdood
03-10-2006, 02:47 AM
is it dangerous to have b16a computer on b18c motor

bennjamin
03-10-2006, 08:16 AM
is it dangerous to have b16a computer on b18c motor

it will still run...good enough to get it to a workshop or somewhere with a proper B18c computer atleast. Hey , even a OBD1 ECU will run a later B series enough to get it somewhere :)

ECU-MAN
03-10-2006, 05:59 PM
only dangerous if you drive it hard.

granny drive it to place of repair will be ok

Micko
03-10-2006, 06:09 PM
Just a quickie, saw the thread on how to put your car into diagnostic mode via the plug near the ECU. Is it the same for the em1 or is it located somewhere else cant seem to find it
Word, i cant find mind either and im in the process of puliing my whole aircon and glove box to find it

DEFNYA
03-10-2006, 07:04 PM
i think im blind or not looking hard enough :( i founf another test plug just near the centre console at the back two pin blue plug that one seems to test the ABS though...anyways i'll keep trying

CRXer
03-10-2006, 09:26 PM
i think im blind or not looking hard enough :( i founf another test plug just near the centre console at the back two pin blue plug that one seems to test the ABS though...anyways i'll keep trying

thats the one u need.what colours are the wires coming off the blue plug?

ABS & ECU are tested with the same plug.
The results are just read off different lights,ie check engine light for ecu & ABS light for ABS.

BlitZ
03-10-2006, 09:37 PM

thats the only one i had ever found too.. i have never thrown a cell .. But i think thats the plug ill use if i needed it.. there is no plug on the em1 on the outter foot well..

very strange eheh:thumbsup:

Waggy
03-10-2006, 10:35 PM
Hmmm... mine is on the inside of the passenger footwell (next to the drivetrain "hump"). A small blue plug.

DEFNYA
04-10-2006, 08:46 AM
by memory the wires were black and brown...no error code on the chekc engine light though only on the ABS light which flashes code 54 inoperative relay?? whatever that means? I think i can see the same problem i had before which is in the exhaust where the extractors meet the cat there is a joint that always comes lose therefore i think im losing backpressure once again...anyone had this problem??? is there a permanent fix for it.. its the big thick gasket in between the extractors and cat.
Its drivin me mad i've lost power again!!!!!!