PDA

View Full Version : JVC Avx2 3" Screen Headunit

vtc
04-10-2006, 02:30 AM
Has anyone got pictures of this headunit in a car... any car??? i cant seem to find any pictures at all. For such a great headunit, it doesnt seem to be very popular.

stanleym
04-10-2006, 09:05 AM
i kno a few epople that have it in tegs as the mounting of 7" screen can be annoying.........

surely there is some pics on google or somethin

and also it might have been posted in previous thread

search for avx2

i got the avx1 if u want pics of that.... only real difference is smaller volume control and screen bigger and in middle
http://www.jvc.co.jp/english/car/asia/dvd/kd_avx2/img/index_avx2_img06.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/jmags25/IMGP2640.jpg

also found a review of the product aswell
http://www.cenlacdc.org/avx2/

chicken8
04-10-2006, 10:17 AM
i had the AVX1 in my car

heres a vid i took of it working a few months back

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a397/chicken8/th_MVI_0128.jpg (http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a397/chicken8/?action=view&current=MVI_0128.flv)

J-MuN
04-10-2006, 11:28 AM
One thing which doesn't help with it's sales is that it's slightly bigger than a normal single din so for cars like toyota's and subaru's etc, they won't be able to fit into the car.

But looking at the price point for an AV unit, pretty damn cheap for a brand name too.

DSNTGR8
04-10-2006, 11:39 AM
ive got it in my car currently, i definetly rate it. I didnt really wanna put a 7 inch screen in because its a pain mounting it in an integra. (and anyway plan on putting a couple in my head rests, lol)

vtc
04-10-2006, 12:31 PM
so are you guys saying this is actually bigger then a single din? thought it was the exact same size

elim
04-10-2006, 12:36 PM
Anyone with a rough idea on price to get the tv antena or tuner or whatever unit to watch tv on this deck ?

I was quoted about 300 bucks, is this right ?

fadz
04-10-2006, 01:04 PM
....i dont think those tuner's are worth it, some areas give out crap service apparantly, and doesnt work well...so iv heard anyways...

stanleym
04-10-2006, 02:59 PM
i wouldn't say thats its bigger than the single din.... not the actual unit.... but the front plate that is detachable is a bit bigger but nothing huge.... also the screen comes out on an gle etc so its fine to be a bit bigger

tv tuenrs if u gunna buy one to attach to the unit dont bother... jus go out that has a tuner installed already then get the antennas attached to the window professionally

vtc
04-10-2006, 10:24 PM
sweet.. i wonder why other companies arent coming out with similar single din units..

stanleym
04-10-2006, 10:51 PM
not sure ....... but then again u get companies who have the dvd capabilities on a single din but with no screen

most prob other companies see having a 3" screen as maybe a deterant as they owuld be think" who wants to watch it on such a small screen.....

but u get used to it very fast its good

also with the video out connection at rear of headunit...... other screens can be positioned elseware... such as my future sunvisor 9" screens

vtc
04-10-2006, 11:02 PM
i'll prob get it and install a rear view camera... bit of bling...

stanleym
04-10-2006, 11:03 PM
yea that can be done useful 2 .......... wat car do u have though and where will u mount rear camera

vtc
04-10-2006, 11:06 PM
got a prelude...

not exactly sure where im mounting it yet.. havent got that far yet

funkdr
05-10-2006, 12:57 AM
i have avx1 love it 3inch screen is still good especially for music dvds (which i seem to keep buying) and the audio tuning features are awesome considering what u pay. i find it easy to navigate don't need to take my eyes off the road for alot of things remote is packed with buttons for dvd playback :thumbsup: and the ins and outs are more than suitable.

Also if your goign to run the rearview camera i think there is a wire that u connect to reversing light(i think) that switches the display to the camera.

vtc
05-10-2006, 01:04 AM
do you ahve it playing while your driving?

can you have the camera on non stop? like whenever u switch to it.. have it on like fast and furious hehe

see whos behind u at all times.

stanleym
05-10-2006, 01:05 AM
u could if u rig it to do that.... mind u not legal

not vdeo can be playing whilst the handbreake is not up :>:> keep to the law guys haha

funkdr
05-10-2006, 01:08 AM
do you ahve it playing while your driving?

can you have the camera on non stop? like whenever u switch to it.. have it on like fast and furious hehe

see whos behind u at all times.
You can in thoery of course;) just earth the cable that is spose to go to ur handbrake so that u can have movies on with out the handbrake on and just hit the little display button to switch the screen to the normal cd /radio look about the rear view cam i havent played with that yet maybe when i get soem time ill fiddle around with those wires prob could just wire in a switch to flick it on F&F stylez ill let u know when i work it out

vtc
05-10-2006, 01:13 AM
but overall you rate it hey? never regretted getting a bigger screen? ever sat there watching it and said shit this is small and i cant see shit..

funkdr
05-10-2006, 01:19 AM
but overall you rate it hey? never regretted getting a bigger screen? ever sat there watching it and said shit this is small and i cant see shit..
Love it yes it has a let down subtitles are usless on it but otherwise its fine glad i got it and not a dvd then and external 7inch if i was carrying passengers all the time i might put a bigger screen for the back but i dotn so meh
it doesnt draw attention either cause it looks like a cd player till u cran k it on as i said audio tuning if really good not a clarion hdx2 but thats liek 3x the price but it certainly does what i want it to do
also dont lose access to aircon controlslike u get with pop out screens.

Hope it helps mate

vtc
05-10-2006, 01:30 AM
Thanks for the information.. looks like i'll be getting one.. might just wait for the price to keep dropping on these babies... hopefully the avx3 isnt gonna get released anytime soon

stanleym
05-10-2006, 08:52 AM
its well worth it.... expeciallyt the security u can remove the screen.... well thought out i think...

ghe av input is where camera would go i tihnkin ...i forgotten all the cables comin out the back lol..... and if lata on u think u cant see anythin u can buy like attachable 6" screens that u can mount where ever u like for like $400

funkdr
05-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the information.. looks like i'll be getting one.. might just wait for the price to keep dropping on these babies... hopefully the avx3 isnt gonna get released anytime soon
No probs dude. Any more info u want just give me a shout ill get the wiring diagram out next week if u want.