PDA

View Full Version : VSA & steering

petsfact
04-10-2006, 08:23 PM
anyone realize that by turning off VSA the steering become heavier? and the car is significantly more stable? feel more like a normal car?

that's how i feel but i doubt there is anything between them.

yfin
04-10-2006, 08:32 PM
VSA only activates when certain parameters are met - ie oversteer or understeer conditions.

It does not change the steering feel or stability of the car in normal driving conditions.

In other words - what you are feeling is not occuring due to the VSA being turned off.

aaronng
04-10-2006, 08:46 PM
It's the same. VSA on but not activated feels the same as VSA off. The only difference is that VSA gives you snap oversteer after understeering.

EuroDude
04-10-2006, 08:47 PM
My euro actually feels quicker accelerating when VSA is turned off, or maybe i'm imagining things..

Omotesando
05-10-2006, 12:59 AM
If your tyres start to spin (albeit in controlled fashion) - then its very possible that acceleration is quicker with VSA/Traction Control off.

But under normal circumstances, I don't think VSA affects acceleration at all - since it doesn't activate until it is required.

EDIT ADDED: spinning the tyres slightly is better for acceleration usually. 'slightly' I said.

BiLL|z0r
05-10-2006, 07:27 AM
and the car is significantly more stable? feel more like a normal car?

I actually thought the same. I know technically it shouldn't make any diff but it did feel different in normal driving conditions. As for the steering felt no diff there sorry.

MiSloVic
05-10-2006, 07:29 PM
My euro actually feels quicker accelerating when VSA is turned off, or maybe i'm imagining things..

yes, same feeling ask well.. feels the car has a stronger low-end torque when accelerating, with teh VSA off..

EuroDude
05-10-2006, 08:09 PM
yes, same feeling ask well.. feels the car has a stronger low-end torque when accelerating, with teh VSA off..

yeah it seems VSA is somewhat limiting the torque at low revs to avoid wheel spins.

ps. Omotesando, I'm refering to the acceleration speed during a clean 1st gear take off, no wheel spinning at all.

Ferrarista
05-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Your not, it does accelerate quicker

tony1234
05-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Your not, it does accelerate quicker
Is that so!I'll try it tomorrow!!!!

hengis
05-10-2006, 11:25 PM
yeah it seems VSA is somewhat limiting the torque at low revs to avoid wheel spins.

ps. Omotesando, I'm refering to the acceleration speed during a clean 1st gear take off, no wheel spinning at all.

what euro dude says is right. everything should feel the same, except when vsa kicks it, even if you've flatfooted, car won't let you move.
vsa stops the car from losing control and stops you from being stupid =P

Ferrarista
05-10-2006, 11:37 PM
Is that so!I'll try it tomorrow!!!!
Off topic here but its to my understanding that you have lowered your Euro and put sports shocks in it.

How does it feel?

tony1234
06-10-2006, 06:31 AM
what euro dude says is right. everything should feel the same, except when vsa kicks it, even if you've flatfooted, car won't let you move.
vsa stops the car from losing control and stops you from being stupid =P
Anyway,i'll switch VSA off and give it a try today!

tony1234
06-10-2006, 06:52 AM
Off topic here but its to my understanding that you have lowered your Euro and put sports shocks in it.

How does it feel?
I've PM you.

Omotesando
07-10-2006, 09:20 PM
May be the bloody VSA system is draining too much power... hehe!

But look, with the interception by the electronics so much these days, I guess I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bit of difference.. :D

_CiVIC_
08-11-2006, 09:36 AM
once i get my euro i'd love to test this out..

btw... should i go easy on the car for the first 1000kms?

euro77
08-11-2006, 09:47 AM
once i get my euro i'd love to test this out..

btw... should i go easy on the car for the first 1000kms?

Nah... give it a good work every now and then. don't worry about hitting vtec :D. If you baby it, you'll lose power in the end.

aaronng
08-11-2006, 10:17 AM
Start the car, idle for 30 seconds. Then drive off normally, shifting at 3000rpm and not using more than 1/2 throttle. When the engine temperature needle reaches near the middle, it is ready to be driven enthusiastically. If you want to run it to redline, give it an additional 5 minutes after the needle reaching the middle.

Oh, and make sure you give it 1/2, 3/4 and full throttle up to redline in 2nd gear and let it slow down on its own using engine brake. Do this in the first 100km to seal the piston rings. You only need to do each throttle opening once.

EuroDude
08-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Yeah for the first 1000km, dont go easy, but dont go hard either - limit VTEC engagement and dont redline. Go moderately up a few steep hills to get the torque happening.

The theory is, if you take it easy, its gonna stay that way for the life of the engine and never reach optimal performance.

First day I got hte Euro, I took it easy for 30 minutes, then revved high for a while, then took it easy again and so on.. The engine output's been freakin sweet since.

aaronng
08-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Bear in mind that you have only the first 100km to seal in the piston rings.

_CiVIC_
08-11-2006, 10:43 AM

This is an important factor..

When I take delivery, I'm going to do it immediately... Hoping I remember what to do lol

msnealo
08-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Isn't the title of this thread "VSA and steering"?

What's with all this "spam" about running in the engine lol

BusterSonic12
08-11-2006, 01:17 PM

what's the piston rings??? i can't feel a difference with VSA on or off.. :eek: would it be because the tyres still new and got loads of grips on them??
10,000km euro

aaronng
08-11-2006, 01:45 PM
If you want to know about running in, read my post in this thread. Heck, read the other posts too.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=567661&postcount=10