PDA

View Full Version : undercar neon

channon
04-10-2006, 10:56 PM
hey guys
do you know where to buy those undercar neon kits for a civic in sydney......and is it easy to install?
thanks

SiReal
04-10-2006, 10:59 PM
Autobarn.

Installation? No idea.

DreadAngel
04-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Autobarn, Supercheap, Autojoy even Target, Big W and K Mart have but cheapo ones haha...

Installation also no idea

SiReal
04-10-2006, 11:07 PM
eBay.

channon
04-10-2006, 11:17 PM
how much are they for a kit usually?
and are they illegal in nsw?

SiReal
04-10-2006, 11:19 PM
these kits are illegal all over australia on public roads. for a show (i.e autosalon), thats fine. as long as its not turned on on the road.

As for price. look at $200 to $250. I know jb hifi sell em. ask them for install as well.

I would suggest against this and get yourself something useful like rear sway.

edit: the $200 ones are designed specifically for udner the car. - i.e. lengthj.

m3ntAL_l2
04-10-2006, 11:19 PM
medium ones r $39 from autobarn, u probly need to put 2 one each side cos i dont think they r longer enough

SKREMN
04-10-2006, 11:25 PM
hey man havnt yet listed them up for sale but ive got a set thats gonna be for sale RED led ones never used two long ones for the side and two shorter ones for front and back with power supply PM me if interested...

if you got a kit it would be very easy to install if stock car mounts may have to be made or sumthing? wiering up easy two wires and a switch

aimre
05-10-2006, 01:49 AM
If you good with zip-ties, should be a peice of cake

qikteg
05-10-2006, 01:58 PM
hardest part of installation is the wiring. all in all, took me a couple of hours

SiReal
05-10-2006, 02:08 PM
@ qikteg, did u wire it into the engine bay? if so, howd did u do that? thanks dude.

qikteg
05-10-2006, 02:16 PM
yeh, front and sides, i ran the cabling under and up into the engine bay, then through the firewall. (which was a bitch)

rear i went up through the boot, and ran the wiring incabin to the front.

mm...cheesy
http://myspace-566.vo.llnwd.net/01187/66/56/1187186566_l.jpg

SiReal
05-10-2006, 02:24 PM
yeh, front and sides, i ran the cabling under and up into the engine bay, then through the firewall. (which was a bitch)

rear i went up through the boot, and ran the wiring incabin to the front.

so u ran the cabling on the undercarriage. ok ic. thanks for that.

Stoosh
05-10-2006, 02:24 PM
well with DC2 integras there is a grommet where you can run the wires through the firewall

another alternative is wire them up to your headlight circuit so when you turn your headlights on so do the neons, or you can wire them to a constant 12v source and then wire a switch in and turn them off n on when desired..

qikteg
05-10-2006, 02:36 PM
so u ran the cabling on the undercarriage. ok ic. thanks for that.

oh, if thats all you wanted to know, then yea. cable ties to secure, so there's no dangling wires.

I made a face plate which controls the led kit, cos the box/buttons were originally stuffed. hooked up to constant 12v

m3ntAL_l2
05-10-2006, 02:44 PM
i just hooked my wired to the boot light, so everytime i open the door the neons will automalicly turn on/off

qikteg
05-10-2006, 02:52 PM
just to clarify, mine is a led kit, so its got several different colours, patterns etc etc. each rod has its own wiring and loom, which are fairly chunky, and hooks up to a control box.. if its neons, with simply a positive and negative wire to 12v, then wiring is extremely easy

TypeRice
05-10-2006, 07:45 PM
i got neon lights inside my car underneath my seats, and behind the glove box area where you put our feet hehee..

basically these lights blink to the beats of your music.. hehe so when i listen to music.. expect my car to flash blue inside.. hehehe
but its illegal so i am gonna take it out..

chunky
05-10-2006, 07:49 PM
yea illegal its a 'distraction to other drivers' pppfftt

Bayani
05-10-2006, 11:00 PM
Inside is OK; External is not.

misterpoh
05-10-2006, 11:11 PM
yea illegal its a 'distraction to other drivers' pppfftt

Looks good for show.

Downside, attracts cops.

Blue and red neons = instant fine + defect

stanleym
06-10-2006, 12:11 AM
well with DC2 integras there is a grommet where you can run the wires through the firewall

another alternative is wire them up to your headlight circuit so when you turn your headlights on so do the neons, or you can wire them to a constant 12v source and then wire a switch in and turn them off n on when desired..

exac wat i have done...

i also read some where it depends on the colour of the led lgiht that it shows blue and red and white not allowed cop colours and white i duno y

basically ur left with cheesy colours u would neva show.... and its only legal if ur car is in park i think .. i oculd be wrong lol @ qikteg thats my dc2 in that pic lol

TypeRice
06-10-2006, 12:45 AM
lol if u have blue and red neons flashing inside your car... the car infront of you might think your an undercover cop pulling them over...

so i can see why its instant fine and defect
meauaehaehaeh

stanleym
06-10-2006, 09:47 AM
hah this is actually quite fun.... white comodore haha

Boban
06-10-2006, 10:06 AM
i've been pullrd over b4 with a blue and red strobe behind my grille:) got away with a warning but had to take them out.

At the moment i've got blue LED undercar kit which can go with the music, flash 7 (i think) patterns or be always on and fade in/out (haven't tried them all yet). Inside the car i got 2 normal neons in the footwells and 4 LED in each conrer of the windscreen :eek: (don't ask y, they were free and i was bored). Also a set of strobes (white) inside the headlights (very descreet) til i turn them on.

Install piece of cake, appart from running it all through the engine bay. The LED ones have a funky 4 button switch that sorta looks like a pen so i left that and the normal ones i have a negative switch for (when you put the switch onto the negative wire instead of the positive, some ppl say that if you have it on positive you can blow the switch, but i've had both and no problems). Ohh and a LED vtec indocator light thingy :D

Kinda over them now though

EGB18CT
06-10-2006, 11:02 AM
my brother got some from autobarn last week got blue neons, cost 140 for the kit. Installed it, was a piece of cake took about 6-7hrs to do it all good. Use the brackets supplied, point the wire end to engine bay and away u go. Mount the power pack splitter near the battery and dont forget a inline 5A fuse. the rear neon i recomment running into the boot and thru one side of car and thru firewall. all there is to it oh and install the switch.

With legality, i told my brother that they were illegal so he went to return them and the guy at autobarn showed him a vic roads notice saying they are now LEGAL this is the blue ones. So thats what he said. Aparently they had been passed as legal not long ago.

stanleym
06-10-2006, 10:10 PM
yea but cant be driven with them on.... and 6-7 hrs ... ouch thats a fair while

teaseR
07-10-2006, 02:09 AM
Rice Factor

channon
07-10-2006, 02:04 PM
i've been pullrd over b4 with a blue and red strobe behind my grille:) got away with a warning but had to take them out.

At the moment i've got blue LED undercar kit which can go with the music, flash 7 (i think) patterns or be always on and fade in/out (haven't tried them all yet). Inside the car i got 2 normal neons in the footwells and 4 LED in each conrer of the windscreen :eek: (don't ask y, they were free and i was bored). Also a set of strobes (white) inside the headlights (very descreet) til i turn them on.

Install piece of cake, appart from running it all through the engine bay. The LED ones have a funky 4 button switch that sorta looks like a pen so i left that and the normal ones i have a negative switch for (when you put the switch onto the negative wire instead of the positive, some ppl say that if you have it on positive you can blow the switch, but i've had both and no problems). Ohh and a LED vtec indocator light thingy :D

Kinda over them now though

how much is your led kit?
it seems pretty fun~

TypeRice
07-10-2006, 07:40 PM
im gonna put neons on my Rims

channon
07-10-2006, 07:45 PM
im gonna put neons on my Rims
how much are those wheel wall neons?
and whats the difference?

Boban
08-10-2006, 07:33 PM
how much is your led kit?
it seems pretty fun~

I paid 300 last year the Autosalon Brisbane, they are VARAD brand and they were having a clearance sale so they were on special. The guy said they retail for 450 but i think he was full of it. They are rectangular in shape rather than normal neon tubes which means they don't sit as low on a car, really handy if your car is lowered :p

Yeah really happy with them and the LEDs are bright as anything

Dray_Templar
08-10-2006, 10:07 PM
these kits are illegal all over australia on public roads. for a show (i.e autosalon), thats fine. as long as its not turned on on the road.

As for price. look at $200 to $250. I know jb hifi sell em. ask them for install as well.

I would suggest against this and get yourself something useful like rear sway.

edit: the $200 ones are designed specifically for udner the car. - i.e. lengthj.

hi guys, i was getting confussed some people say illegal some places sat not, so i went into the local cop shop and ashed the other day... i was told by the police here that there all good as long as they are facing the ground. but best if you check with the police in your local area/town... also going to ask about remote start next time im calling in to say hi to them ;)

i got the side 2 side ones for $80 and the front and rear for about $60, i got the LED version. work great highly recomend LED ones.

channon
08-10-2006, 11:29 PM
hi guys, i was getting confussed some people say illegal some places sat not, so i went into the local cop shop and ashed the other day... i was told by the police here that there all good as long as they are facing the ground. but best if you check with the police in your local area/town... also going to ask about remote start next time im calling in to say hi to them ;)

i got the side 2 side ones for $80 and the front and rear for about $60, i got the LED version. work great highly recomend LED ones.

what i heard is that it is not ok to turn them on when the car is moving but it is ok when the car is parked....however i recently heard that even when the car is parked it is still not ok....so whats the story.....as u really dunno what cop will be near you and what their level of education is.....so better be 100%sure......

roar
10-10-2006, 12:25 AM
hook your undercar kit up to your vtec solenoid...thatd be awesome

hit vtec and your car just starts glowing lol