PDA

View Full Version : Cluster Swap..?

fuze
05-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Hi guys, i was just wondering if there's any difference or side effects in changing the ausd gauge to a jdm one..? eg: speed limit, rev limit, alarm + immobiliser and other electronic etc..

Btw, it's for a 2002 model DC5R..

dynosaur
05-10-2006, 08:19 PM
basically they is no any effect on it , ( if the JDM cluster is in good condition without any faulty ) . just u will get readability for the speedo meter there only........

but hornestly say its looks........sexy.... :)

EK4R
05-10-2006, 08:20 PM
no problems, plug n play buddy. 10 mins job

fuze
06-11-2006, 07:46 AM
I've just called up honda and they say that the wires are "maybe" different and may cost $5-600 to adjust to the jdm one, so is that true..? couse im about to get the jdm one asap..

Has any one with a audm dr5r swapped thier cluster to a jdm one..?

dynosaur
06-11-2006, 12:24 PM
I've just called up honda and they say that the wires are "maybe" different and may cost $5-600 to adjust to the jdm one, so is that true..? couse im about to get the jdm one asap..

Has any one with a audm dr5r swapped thier cluster to a jdm one..?

:confused: As honda they say "Maybe" different , means that they also not sure about it.

:( But as a Honda Authories dealer , they shouldn't say " maybe " to the customers , coz they r specialize in honda cars and well known about any honda cars technical questions . :honda: They should give a 100% comfirmation answer to customers but not "Maybe".

:) right ?

:angel: Thats y l never go to honda dealers there to ask some technical questions. except sometime buy parts ONLY.....

fuze
08-11-2006, 12:11 PM
would any one know the part number for a jdm cluster..? couse the audm number is [78120S6MQ21].. is it the same..?

wlee2
08-11-2006, 12:16 PM
JDM one i dont believe has the SRS airbag light!.. atleast mine doesnt.... but the plugs all still fit in!..minus the srs one =P

civic_mods
09-11-2006, 01:19 AM
JDM one i dont believe has the SRS airbag light!.. atleast mine doesnt.... but the plugs all still fit in!..minus the srs one =P

he is talking abt DC5R...not DC2R mate.....
DC2R Jdm cluster have this issue,but JDM DC5R cluster don't.....

the effect u change the cluster are:
1, JDM 180km Display Rather than AUDM 260km
2, Red Zone is different for JDM & AUDM DC5R
3, You alter the Km's Done on your car,which is illegal

Thos side effect u mentioned(speed limit, rev limit, alarm + immobiliser and other electronic etc..) won't make any different,as cluster is just an device for "Display" information

Kazaf
09-11-2006, 06:54 PM
I read somewhere that it was legal to change the cluster for a specific reason.
What if the old cluster fcked?

destrukshn
09-11-2006, 07:06 PM
:confused: As honda they say "Maybe" different , means that they also not sure about it.

:( But as a Honda Authories dealer , they shouldn't say " maybe " to the customers , coz they r specialize in honda cars and well known about any honda cars technical questions . :honda: They should give a 100% comfirmation answer to customers but not "Maybe".

:) right ?

:angel: Thats y l never go to honda dealers there to ask some technical questions. except sometime buy parts ONLY.....

WRONG, you TOOL.

your a fool for thinking like that.

they only say MAYBE, becuase they only work on AUSTRALIAN delivered cars.
they only recieve the workshop manuals for the AUSTRALIAN delivered cars.
they only have the parts catalogue for the AUSTRALIAN delivered cars.

so it may fit and work, but they don't know, becuase they don't have parts for the japanese market, fool.

coming from honda dealerships, they only give out the parts that are specifically made for that car. so the customer doesn't come back and say shit.

dynosaur
10-11-2006, 12:04 AM
WRONG, you TOOL.

your a fool for thinking like that.

they only say MAYBE, becuase they only work on AUSTRALIAN delivered cars.
they only recieve the workshop manuals for the AUSTRALIAN delivered cars.
they only have the parts catalogue for the AUSTRALIAN delivered cars.

so it may fit and work, but they don't know, becuase they don't have parts for the japanese market, fool.

coming from honda dealerships, they only give out the parts that are specifically made for that car. so the customer doesn't come back and say shit.

if they worry about the customer come back to say shit to them , then y they still want to say MAYBE to the customers as they r just only deal with "AUSTRALIAN delivered cars " .

if so , l'd prefer they say:
- " l dun know "
- " l m not so sure with the JDM specifications about this perticular section. "
- etc.

atleast the customers know they dun know or not so sure about it . What happen If the customers bought the parts and couldn't install it into the car and the honda dealers refuse to refund or exchange due to the plastic bag seal was broken ( example ) . R u going to responsible for it and pay back what the customer losses ?

then the customer will waste the time and $ to get a " unsure parts " regarding from the honda dealer word :" MAYBE "

"they don't know, becuase they don't have parts for the japanese market"
once they knew the customer is asking for the JDM parts and PLUS they only work on AUSTRALIAN delivered cars , AUSTRALIAN delivered cars workshop manuals & AUSTRALIAN delivered car spare parts catalogue . They can call back to Aus HQ office or Japan HQ office to make clarify rather then tell the customer said " MAYBE " on the spot. It seems not very professional...

ppl come to honda authories dealers to enquiry something about the honda car is bcoz we believe there r well known and professional in honda cars. Not coming to get a "MAYBE". If so , next time l also can apply a job over there , coz l m also very good in giving answer to ppl directly with "MAYBE".:cool:

"WRONG, you TOOL" & "your a fool for thinking like that" - return back to u and save it in ur bank and take interests.....

destrukshn
10-11-2006, 09:58 AM
aus HQ does not know.
japan HQ has said it will physically fit, but not sure if it will work properly.
that's regarding the clusters, that i've had a query about.
they also said, if it wasn't made for the car, we cannot tell you if it fits and works or not, they'd have to go through pages and pages of diagrams just to make sure, and you know what? jap hq ain't gonna do that.

so saying maybe will be the closest thing to an answer.

plus when we say maybe, were not saying to the customer it works, so if they want it, it's thier responsibility if they want to buy it.
if we says yes it fits 100% and it doens't, then we will return it, but if we say were unsure, and they buy it anyway, not our fualt now is it?

plus we just don't say maybe to the customer, we give a explanation why it's only a maybe.

go apply for a job, and you'd get laughed at.
clown.

TeMp
12-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Do a god damn search on this and you will even find the post that i posted the pics of the jdm cluster n etc. All the info you need in also in that thread.

Kazaf
12-11-2006, 07:30 PM
So is it legal to change your cluster?
Will you have to go through a process of registration or anything?

destrukshn
13-11-2006, 10:51 AM
nah not illegal.
just obtain a reciept with the kms on the new clock, you have to show that to the RTA, and register it with the RTA.

FIT
12-01-2007, 08:46 AM
anyone got 100% answer for this?

fuze
13-01-2007, 08:55 PM
well an update on the probme..
i just bought a used cluster and had it fitted..
i did the fittings my self and seams like it wasn't my fault.. (correct me if im wrong)..

1) i took of the +ve connection on the battery,
2) unscrew 2 bolts and removed the plugs off the original cluster,
3) replaced it with a different cluster and plug it in,
4) re-connect the +ve and tried the dim lights switch,

at this stage all was working fine, until i turned the engine on thats when it stuffed up again..
now, the only thing that i can think of is that all this problem started when i installed the head unit (cd player)..
soo, im going to buy another cluster (JDM or AUDM ) and install it BUT this time im going to remove my head-unit fuse or anything that connected to it..

just a question, has anyone got the same problem out there..?
or is it just me, DAME..

MaskedAP1
13-01-2007, 09:08 PM
if there is any problems, just swap the green film as well, then you are 100% good to go.

fuze
14-01-2007, 09:11 AM
if there is any problems, just swap the green film as well, then you are 100% good to go.

huh..? what green film..?

MaskedAP1
14-01-2007, 10:11 AM
in the back of your cluster, there is a green flim. just swap these as well when you swap the cluster

Chi
14-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Dont think cluster swap is illegal.

I last time swapped to eg6 one in my civic and even told the RTA lady when i rego'd the car.

She goes dun worry bout it, im like *shrugs*

bungsai
15-01-2007, 04:21 PM
in the back of your cluster, there is a green flim. just swap these as well when you swap the cluster

think you may be thinking of the dc2 clusters.

MaskedAP1
15-01-2007, 11:44 PM
^ you are right, i thought its DC2s cluster