PDA

View Full Version : which rear speakers to choose

itchyrichie69
05-10-2006, 09:32 PM
hey ppl... just wondering what rear speakers to get, ive got the PIONEER TS-C160R the yellow cone ones in the front with tweeters and am planning to get a clarion sub with mono amp as well. not sure if i should get 6x9 pioneer TS-D691R (which has a stock space in my vti accord) OR the same as i have in the front doors and go with another set 6inches and tweeters again in the rear... which would sound better ??? 6x9 or the 6inch which also come with tweeters ??? im planning on amping up all the car speakers as well...
Cheers

Fr3aKi3
05-10-2006, 11:04 PM
Are you really in need of upgrading rear speakers?

You're sitting at the front so that's where you'd want the good sound to be heard, but if you're looking to change the rears to please the passengers then go for it. How much are you looking to spend on the rears?

I've got a set of TS-D691R's (got em cheap) in the rear atm and they sound ok, they do get a little bit too bright for my liking when the volume is turned up though. In saying that though 6x9's would be an easier swap since the stock speakers are 6x9's, if you're planning to get 6" coaxials or splits then you'd probably have to make a spacer/board to mount it all on. The splits will most definitely sound better than the 6x9's but I don't think it's worth spending 300+ for rear speakers.

A possible alternative would be to upgrade the front splits and then move the ones you have now to the back. If you're happy with the front splits and don't want to move them, rather than getting another set (of splits) just get coaxials. The coaxials would be more than enough for the rear passengers and would sound much better than stock speakers.

Personally i'd leave the stock speakers and spend that money on a better amp or sub. I'd thnk about upgrading the rears if I have some spare cash but i never do though.... lol

Just to clear a few terms up:
Splits = 6" Midrange/woofer + Tweeter + Crossover (the "box" which everything is connected to)
Coaxials = Tweeter and midrange in one package (like the majority of 6x9's)

chunky
05-10-2006, 11:07 PM
fusions!!

ICACHA
05-10-2006, 11:48 PM
stockies or nothing :D

iceman91
06-10-2006, 12:25 AM
i got the ds-69 for sale...got them last week and ran into some cash issues..will give them for cheap if interested...had it for 2 days in accord..sounded awesome..regretting having to sell them

mj3610
09-10-2006, 11:04 PM
i've heard the yellow pioneer 6x9s they sound pretty good, i also have a accord VTi and the stock 6x9 at the back sound alright with my new HU, im leaving mine stock...
p.s Fusion speakers sound pretty good as chunky has mentioned..

funkdr
10-10-2006, 02:42 AM
Something to think about when u go to a concert where does the sound come from? rear speakers are only there if you have passengers in the back and even then the sound can still come from the fronts keep your stockies save up and get a good sub and amp or even save the money from buying rears and get an amp for your fronts. Remember dont just go buy a set of speakers cause someone else told you they are good go listen and research because i nthe end its your ears and everyone has different tastes.

:thumbsup:

DSNTGR8
10-10-2006, 09:12 AM
Soundstream SST6.9