PDA

View Full Version : how to sell goods to people interstate?

Spec_R
06-10-2006, 01:32 AM
sorry i sound noob but i never sell anything over long distance before

for example: i am living in perth and a sydney guy wants to buy my car cd player how will i sell it to him (receive his payment and delivery, how is that done over distance?)

do i use australia post for delivery?(what form under parcel?)
what is safe way for me to receive payment from the buyer?
(i dont have paypal)

cheers guys

tRipitaka
06-10-2006, 02:28 AM
try bank deposit/netbanking ?

and send via austpost or any courier..
just beware, austpost don't send things over 1metre ? i think it was..

or if the buyer wants peace of mind.. send through austpost through COD.. although it's more costly..

aimre
06-10-2006, 12:05 PM
I just sold somehting interstate.
But both of us are members and both have a trade rating of 7, so i dont beleive it was too risky. But as your a newcomer and have NO rating, maybe you could do your first selling COD. It doesn't cost TOO much extra plus they buyer usually pays for that.

As i was the seller, i found out postage price from AUSPost (You can find this out online) and he sent me the price i asked for and postage costs. Once that arrived in my bank account, i went to the PO and sent it.

If your worried about how to Pack your item, just go to the post office and ask. They'll give u the best way, they deal with "Ebayers" often so their acustom to this sorta thing (We'll thats what the woman told me n e way)

Hope this helps

Limbo
06-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Austpost registered or courier. Limit on Austpost is 1mx1m

Spec_R
06-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Austpost registered or courier. Limit on Austpost is 1mx1m

anyone can explain to me what is register post? (the step involved)
It is true only do COD for item up to $100?(i been told is not safe)
and i believe only aus post do COD?
does courier do COD? (i though courier only for large item?)

bungsai
06-10-2006, 01:15 PM
Registered post means u can add things such as insurance for your items if they get lost, and it also provides you with a tracking number. Ie you can call up aus post and find out where your item is.

I don't know any couriers that do COD.

Spec_R
06-10-2006, 01:21 PM
Registered post means u can add things such as insurance for your items if they get lost, and it also provides you with a tracking number. Ie you can call up aus post and find out where your item is.

I don't know any couriers that do COD.

can you have insurance on COD??

so if im not doing a COD then i need to do register post to post out the goods?

can anyone tell me more info on register post, i know COD they send to nearest post office then a ticket is mail to the recipient to collect but what the go for register post do they send straight to the house?

Is express post part of COD or register post??

aimre
06-10-2006, 11:19 PM
Go to the post office... They'll explain everything to you. Just say you sold something on Ebay and want safest options

mrwillz
07-10-2006, 12:50 AM
registered post ftw

http://www.funnypictures.dk/data/media/1/160.jpg