PDA

View Full Version : Suspension making *CLUNK* noise

luzinit
25-05-2004, 01:19 PM
Hey dudes, i recently got some eibach prokit springs and koni yellows for my lil civic... got them installed at hannys

However, theres a strange noise coming from the rear suspension, which is easily replicated when driving on a freeway or something and changing lanes or hitting some small imperfections on the road

It sounds like a box of tools or springs in my boot jumping around when i hit these lil bumps *CLUNK CLUNK*, however i've taken everything out of my boot

The bumpstops were cut, altho I've noticed that 2 were cut 35mm as required by the prokit springs, and the other 2 were cut only 30mm, does this make a difference?

It is very annoying, sounds as though my car is about to fall apart :P Even more annoying is when i took it back to hannys, Robert just tells me that I can eliminate it by bringing back the stock springs, PFFT.

Help help!!

VTEC16
25-05-2004, 01:30 PM
I cant help you - but tell us how she handles! ...or better yet -do a writeup!

Kit
25-05-2004, 01:32 PM
have you checked the tool kit inside the space saver tyre in the boot?

Chris

A'PEXi
25-05-2004, 02:00 PM
lol slap the bitch :D

luzinit
25-05-2004, 03:17 PM
hehehe, kit - yes!! haha, i originally thought it was the box of stock shocks/springs sitting in the boot on the drive home, took everything out, still has this noise.. grr.

vtec16 - perception of handling is all relative! so based on my experiences, stock ek4, compared to my previous cars - charade and mazda 626, the ek4 is MUCH MUCH better..

after the progressive springs and koni yellows (i havnt even checked what damper setting they are on), taking the same corners that i'm familiar with in the area, the car sits much flatter and feels alot easier to take those corners at speed when compared to stock :) so yeh! thumbs up!! :)

just gotta get rid of this damn noise!!!

luzinit
25-05-2004, 03:19 PM
rofl @ slap the bitch ray hahahaha.. im gonna lower it more, if i do it myself or with the help of some others on this forum, mite take some pics, and however, i dont see the point, just look at this link

http://internet.cybermesa.com/~drew/civic_suspension.html

ehehehe, i'll be following that in a few days when i get all the necessary tools...

Kit
25-05-2004, 04:06 PM
I think my civic used to make the some suspension sounds as well over bumps and surface irregularities. it was inconsistant, like sometimes i get it, sometimes i don't , i cant remember what happened in the end but it went away. perhaps give it some time to settle down

TOYOL
26-05-2004, 10:33 AM
I used to ge that sound too. So i raised the adjustables and that solved the problem. Aparently it was the springs knocking on each other. Now and then i still get it somethimes if there are big bumps.

-MuGen PoWer-
26-05-2004, 11:03 AM
*Bennjamin edit* Please add constructive comments relative to Tony's predicament only...for all of us to learn *;)

speedracr
26-05-2004, 11:32 PM
Take your car to Good Performance Centre in Yennora and get Dat (pronounced Duck) to have a look at it. He's the type of guy that has infinite patience.

luzinit
27-05-2004, 12:39 AM
thanks for the advice guys!
i'll have a go at it with some mates this week and see how it goes, if we cant solve it, i'll take it to GPC! ;0