PDA

View Full Version : JDM knuckle same as AUS?

revNhevN
08-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Just wanted to know if the JDM DC2R knuckle was the same as the AUS itr knuckle?

Are all DC2/4 Knuckles the same? (GSi, VTiR, Type R)
I know that the JDM dc2R hub is differnt cuz it has a larger drive shaft.

My AUS itr knuckle is bent. Was thinking of getting a JDM one, and putting my AUS hub into it.

dynosaur
09-10-2006, 09:53 PM
It is depends on which year of JDM knuckle u r looking for ? 96 or 98 Spec ?

As l know JDM 98 Spec drive shaft might be slighty larger then JDM 96 SPec.

If ur ITR is AUSDM , l will properly suggest u looking for the JDM 98 Spec knuckles ( coz it is 114.3 x 5 knuckle).

l got a JDM 96 Spec , having a 114.3 x 4 knuckler .....

hornestly say , l like JDM spec but the disadvantage of the JDM 96 Spec is quite pretty hard to put ur dream rim on it ... coz it is 114.3 x 4 :(

of course there r still have alot of nice rims had 114.3 x 4 , eg: SSR , Advan RG , CE28N ( but 8 spokes ONLY :( )etc....

but if compare with the 114.3 x 5 , then the choices will be more veriety and wider with 114.3 x 5 . Coz nowaday , most of the rim manufacturers will go for 114.3 x 5 , 100 x 5 and 100 x 4 .......

but 114.3........( sigh )

so....my suggestion for u is ...stick with 114.3 x 5 , then u will have a beeter choice for ur rims...

l believe most of the JDM DC2R owners might have the same thinking with me...right ? :)

l wish my suggestion might help u ......

Good luck....:)

revNhevN
09-10-2006, 10:16 PM
I am not asking about the HUB. I was asking about the Knuckle. I know the Pre 98 JDM ITR's have a 4 x 114.3 PCD. I already have the AUS ITR knuckles and hubs. One of my knuckles is bent due to an accident at wakefield.

I have called honda spares and they have comfirmed that the AUS VTiR and Type R share the same Knuckle and bearing. I will be comparing both Knuckles on the weekend. If they are the same i will just get a VTiR knuckle and put my type R hub into it.

dynosaur
10-10-2006, 10:12 PM
I am not asking about the HUB. I was asking about the Knuckle. I know the Pre 98 JDM ITR's have a 4 x 114.3 PCD. I already have the AUS ITR knuckles and hubs. One of my knuckles is bent due to an accident at wakefield.

I have called honda spares and they have comfirmed that the AUS VTiR and Type R share the same Knuckle and bearing. I will be comparing both Knuckles on the weekend. If they are the same i will just get a VTiR knuckle and put my type R hub into it.

yes , that is what l m answer to u.....

u said ur knuckles was bent due to some accident and now u r looking for another knuckle , but u want to compare with local and JDM , right ?

so , this is my opinion to u.....

knuckle is almost the same , just becaful with the HUB ( especially JDM 96 Spec hub ).....

destrukshn
10-10-2006, 10:23 PM
but you can seperate the HUB from the knuckle.

revNhevN
11-10-2006, 09:12 AM
but you can seperate the HUB from the knuckle.
i believe so. Otherwise how do would you change the wheel bearing? I will find out on saturday.

destrukshn
11-10-2006, 09:22 AM
that is what i am saying
you can change em
you use a press.