PDA

View Full Version : Cost of OEM air filter panel?

BiLL|z0r
08-10-2006, 07:27 PM
I checked my air filter panel yesterday after experiencing crap fuel economy for the last few fills and found it chockers full of shit. I cleaned it as much as I could but it's still pretty black. I was thinking of just replacing it but does any1 know how much an OEM filter is from Honda, as if it's too much I'll get an aftermarket panel filter instead?

As far as aftermarket filters go I guess I'll read the air intake thread again :)

tony1234
08-10-2006, 07:54 PM
I checked my air filter panel yesterday after experiencing crap fuel economy for the last few fills and found it chockers full of shit. I cleaned it as much as I could but it's still pretty black. I was thinking of just replacing it but does any1 know how much an OEM filter is from Honda, as if it's too much I'll get an aftermarket panel filter instead?

As far as aftermarket filters go I guess I'll read the air intake thread again :)
Try blowing it clean with a compresser(opposite to airflow).If that doesn't work get a K&N or OEM filter from dealer or wait till the JTECH gear is released.

BiLL|z0r
08-10-2006, 08:13 PM
hhmmmm, JTECH CAI sounds like a dandy idea :)

curik
08-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Cost of OEM filter could be roughly around $40? Instead of getting the K&N you might want to consider Spoon's foam one. I'm not sure if it is reusable like the K&N

yfin
08-10-2006, 09:03 PM
$48 bucks according to this tread

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18812

I would go ITG or K&N.

aaronng
08-10-2006, 10:07 PM
I'd get the OEM one for use now, until you source an aftermarket one (if you decide to go aftermarket). Aftermarket oiled ones need to be washed and dried. Your "spare" OEM filter will be useful when you are waiting for your aftermarket panel to dry.

tony1234
09-10-2006, 09:21 AM
hhmmmm, JTECH CAI sounds like a dandy idea :)
Apparently the JTECH(Hontata)CAI is based on the K&N CAI that some of the guys here have on their cars????i think.don't quote me!:p

tony1234
09-10-2006, 09:32 AM
Apparently the JTECH(Hontata)CAI is based on the K&N CAI that some of the guys here have on their cars????i think.don't quote me!:p
Sorry.It's JTUNE.not JTECH.Too much excitement re:release of their ex CAI etc.:confused:

Adagio
11-10-2006, 09:11 AM
Don't use high pressure air to blow out a dry airfilter. This can cause the micro pattern fibre layers to distort and allow larger particles to be ingested. Tapping it is about as far as you can safely go
Q. Would a K & N filter affect the Honda warranty?
Adagio

ZEi20T
11-10-2006, 10:09 AM
oiled air filters are not good for AFM equipped cars. if you over oil them - and most people do - then it sticks to the AFM wires and makes your car run more rich than it should

aaronng
11-10-2006, 11:04 AM
oiled air filters are not good for AFM equipped cars. if you over oil them - and most people do - then it sticks to the AFM wires and makes your car run more rich than it should
Euro doesn't use AFM. It uses MAP.

ZEi20T
11-10-2006, 10:31 PM
DOH! i wish i had the service manual so i didnt make myself look stupid like that :P

aaronng
11-10-2006, 10:38 PM
DOH! i wish i had the service manual so i didnt make myself look stupid like that :P
Before, honda usually used MAP. But the new R18A engine in the Civic VTi has both MAP and AFM. So it's difficult to generalise them now...

ZEi20T
12-10-2006, 07:50 AM
they make things difficult dont they? lol