PDA

View Full Version : Fuel injectors

fatcivic0_0
08-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Hey just want to know what brand of fuel injectors would be best to use and are a straight fit on my d16y1 engine as im looking to upgrade and wat other injectors could i use instead maybe from another car (i heard that vr4 injectors fit) but wat else could fit thanks.

saxman
09-10-2006, 06:53 AM
What are you upgrading for? What size do you need?

fatcivic0_0
09-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Turbo and the size anything bigger than i got.

bigjo5
09-10-2006, 07:27 PM
imo u should spend save up that money and get a b series engine might be better in the long run since the d series one would most likely not last that long with a turbo on it .. unless ur goin for the internals.

fatcivic0_0
09-10-2006, 07:45 PM
nah keepin it stock and running on 7psi just lookin to upgrade fuel system

saxman
09-10-2006, 07:59 PM
imo u should spend save up that money and get a b series engine might be better in the long run since the d series one would most likely not last that long with a turbo on it .. unless ur goin for the internals.
bah! with proper tuning, the d will last perfectly long and wipe the floor with a b swap

that said, I wouldn't go with anything smaller than 450cc injectors. I believe the vr4 units are the same as the dsm 450cc's that we got here in the states. I've used them without a problem, but require some wiring changes, etc.

For drop in units, RC makes a variety of good injectors. If you're on a bit of a budget, precision makes some good ones as well(as seen at www.tunertoys.com, etc).

fatcivic0_0
09-10-2006, 09:14 PM
bah! with proper tuning, the d will last perfectly long and wipe the floor with a b swap

that said, I wouldn't go with anything smaller than 450cc injectors. I believe the vr4 units are the same as the dsm 450cc's that we got here in the states. I've used them without a problem, but require some wiring changes, etc.

For drop in units, RC makes a variety of good injectors. If you're on a bit of a budget, precision makes some good ones as well(as seen at www.tunertoys.com, etc).

thanks man for the info very helpful i have looked at this site before but do you know how hard it would be to order this stuff into australia and are they reliable because i would like to get stuff off there but yea thanks.

saxman
10-10-2006, 08:52 AM
I do A TON of buisness with tunertoys. They're amazing guys over there. Extremeley reliable. Very helpful. By far the best automotive part buisness I've ever dealt with.

You will have to pay a bit more for shipping, however, as they'll only ship internationally through fed ex, which is more expensive than the US postal service, but MUCH more reliable.

fatcivic0_0
10-10-2006, 09:41 PM
what would be the best way to get in contact with them to order the parts and find out the prices because its all in US dollars i wanna make sure of the proper prices and stuff and cost to send the gear over here.

saxman
11-10-2006, 04:07 AM
xe.com/ucc has a currency convertor on it... just email them at the email listed on their website