PDA

View Full Version : 150k service

fuzzy
09-10-2006, 01:10 PM
Hey guys,

my civic is up for its 150k service.. pretty much i'm wondering if i was to take it to a dealer - the last 3 services i've done myself - what will they change? i mean so far i've done oil and oil filter and the last service i did was oil, oil filter, spark plugs, leads, air filter, fuel filter.

car is a ek civic cxi, are any belts need replacing for the 150k service? also how much would i be looking at if i were to take it to a honda service centre?

Cheers,
Mark

JasonGilholme
09-10-2006, 01:11 PM
You can find out all this information in the log book for your car.

It details what needs to be replaced at each service interval. :thumbsup:

panda[cRx]
09-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Hey guys,

my civic is up for its 150k service.. pretty much i'm wondering if i was to take it to a dealer - the last 3 services i've done myself - what will they change? i mean so far i've done oil and oil filter and the last service i did was oil, oil filter, spark plugs, leads, air filter, fuel filter.

car is a ek civic cxi, are any belts need replacing for the 150k service? also how much would i be looking at if i were to take it to a honda service centre?

Cheers,
Mark
depending on when you cam belt was last replaced there are no belts that need to be changed at 150k (cam belt due every 5yrs or 100,000km)

as for what a dealer would do at 150k, they'd most likely do an oil and filter change. as you have changed everything else last service nothing else should require replacement.

from the sounds of it you may as well do it yourself. the only thing you would gain by going to a dealer is an expert eye going over the car as things like trailing arm bushes start to go in the older civics. it's things like these that backyard servicing generally overlooks

as for cost, prolly $200-250 depending on dealer and what you ask for

fuzzy
09-10-2006, 04:53 PM
cheers, thanks for the help panda

panda[cRx]
09-10-2006, 04:59 PM
u think i do this for free?

+1 rep me :p